Who should I call ? Fixing HDB gate

Bluepica

Hi,

My HDB gate frame is having alignment issue ever since after the reno. I need to use force to push the gate in order for the mechanism to lock in place. When open, the gate will spring open once the handle is pressed. I trully think there is a misalignment in the gate frame to the door frame which my reno ID denies it...he said it's normal... (bullsxxx!)

now I need to find someone else to fix it, but who can I call? Not a lock smith right? Cos it's not the lock problem.

Due to this, every closure and opening of the door is very noisy due to the clicking sound especially during night or early morning time.

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Your reno ID fixes the gate for you, then you should insist them to fix the problem for you lo?! Dont think they can just brush off by saying it is normal. 

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Your reno ID fixes the gate for you, then you should insist them to fix the problem for you lo?! Dont think they can just brush off by saying it is normal. 

It has been 3 years liao... I don't want to engage him anymore...

21 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi,

My HDB gate frame is having alignment issue ever since after the reno. I need to use force to push the gate in order for the mechanism to lock in place. When open, the gate will spring open once the handle is pressed. I trully think there is a misalignment in the gate frame to the door frame which my reno ID denies it...he said it's normal... (bullsxxx!)

now I need to find someone else to fix it, but who can I call? Not a lock smith right? Cos it's not the lock problem.

Due to this, every closure and opening of the door is very noisy due to the clicking sound especially during night or early morning time.

thanks

Your MP .... [sly]

:XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

It has been 3 years liao... I don't want to engage him anymore...

Your gate problem already been on going for 3 years liao? Then you have to look for other reno contractor?!

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Your gate problem already been on going for 3 years liao? Then you have to look for other reno contractor?!

Ya , procastinating. 😞

16 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Ya , procastinating. 😞

Wa, you can tahan for 3 years?! :wacko: Anyway, now you just go find another reno contractor or gate contractor, see what they say lo.

I think now that TS needs to come back late night quietly without wife knowing, he now realised he cannot ignore this problem any longer.... hehehe

• Haha! 5

3 hours ago, Bluepica said:

Hi,

thanks

Me no gate expert, but it sounds like no simple short cut, if it's alignment issue. Worst case scenario is to remove the gate from the door frame again, then re-align. Many people change gates when renovating their HDB flats, so you can just look for one of those people selling these iron gates. But it's going to be noisy and messy if it's really necessary and you really wanna go ahead with (replacing/realigning) it.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Tjkbeluga said:

I think now that TS needs to come back late night quietly without wife knowing, he now realised he cannot ignore this problem any longer.... hehehe

Shhh... don't wake the sleeping tigress

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, Tjkbeluga said:

Surprisingly his neighbor no complain on the clicking sound whenever he open and close the gate for the past years? [laugh]

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Surprisingly his neighbor no complain on the clicking sound whenever he open and close the gate for the past years? [laugh]

Coz the affair is with the neighbour maa... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1