Affordable Parking at EW MRT Line

Crystal_tiong

Hi Bros , Sis 

I will be starting a new job at Chinatown NE4, DT19 line mrt area , as I will be coming from JB near tuas and do no wish to park at town area.

Anyone can advise me where to park like HDB season parking or any free parking ? Not too sure will they let me buy monthly ? 

I am looking at Jurong East or Buno Vista .

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Singapore where got free one? And assuming you are driving a Malaysian car, isn't there a limit to number of days you can drive in each year? Unless you have 3 or 4 cars to swap around. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

Singapore where got free one? And assuming you are driving a Malaysian car, isn't there a limit to number of days you can drive in each year? Unless you have 3 or 4 cars to swap around. 

pay $35 every day to come in.

Just now, Volvobrick said:

Hi 

I am driving a SG car , coz if I drive to town area , I will stuck with traffic jams , expensive ERP and expensive parking so better for me to hop into train more convenient.

28 minutes ago, Crystal_tiong said:

Hi 

I am driving a SG car , coz if I drive to town area , I will stuck with traffic jams , expensive ERP and expensive parking so better for me to hop into train more convenient.

Park at little india area. There's a hdb multistorey carpark within 10 mins from the MRT station

8 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Park at little india area. There's a hdb multistorey carpark within 10 mins from the MRT station

I used to work little india , its the AYE to there jam that's why driving took longer time.....

So I prefer EW line near tuas so I wont be caught in jam.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Crystal_tiong said:

Hi Bros , Sis 

I will be starting a new job at Chinatown NE4, DT19 line mrt area , as I will be coming from JB near tuas and do no wish to park at town area.

Anyone can advise me where to park like HDB season parking or any free parking ? Not too sure will they let me buy monthly ? 

I am looking at Jurong East or Buno Vista .

Thanks

HDB season parking mayb a little tough if you dont live around that area.

Coming from tuas, you may want to consider NTUC hub next to joo koon MRT station, they charges 80 cents for first 2.5 hrs and $1.07 for the next hr. if you park 10 hrs a day, that would mean close to $220 a month, worth it? But you may want to try asking if they allow you to buy season since the car park there is usually not fully utilize. 

Jurong point which is beside Boon lay MRT station charges $1.07 per hr before 5pm and $2.14 after 5pm, but 12-2pm is free parking from mon-thurs. Mayb less than $200 a month? Season parking there no need to hope. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

IMM at JE, also charges $1.07 per hr, but is first 2 hrs free parking Mon-Fri, no free lunch time parking, so sld be cheaper than JP, and is 2 station nearer to town than JP, MRT fare also cheaper I guess. But need to walk a bit to JE MRT station. Season parking also no need to hope. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 3

You stay in JB and drive to sg to work everyday? :o Actually if you want to park near EWL MRT, you should able to buy all those HDB carpark near Pioneer, Boon Lay, Lakeside MRT. Usually most HDB carpark is open to non resident if the carpark is not popular.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Why no free?

I found a nice park and ride place. 5 mins walk to MRT and just 5 stops into town :a-happy:FOC!

Edited by Kusje
  • Shocked 1

You can park at IMM in Jurong East and catch a train to town. Season parking as stated online is $96.30/mth. Coming from Tuas to PIE and exit at Toh Guan Road. You can park your car without worrying in these huge sheltered car park.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Justdaniel said:

You can park at IMM in Jurong East and catch a train to town. Season parking as stated online is $96.30/mth. Coming from Tuas to PIE and exit at Toh Guan Road. You can park your car without worrying in these huge sheltered car park.

IMM to the station is damn far isn't it?

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

Why no free?

I found a nice park and ride place. 5 mins walk to MRT and just 5 stops into town :a-happy:FOC!

https://www.gov.sg/news/content/today-online-lta-to-stop-park-ride-scheme-from-december

Park and ride scheme ceased since Dec 2016.

Where's this nice park and ride place of yours? Share, maybe they left out. Or pm me so its still left out🤫😂😂

Safe ride

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Crystal_tiong said:

I used to work little india , its the AYE to there jam that's why driving took longer time.....

So I prefer EW line near tuas so I wont be caught in jam.

Thanks

MRT from tuas/jurong to Chinatown will be very jam in the mornings (assuming u working normal office hours)

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

MRT from tuas/jurong to Chinatown will be very jam in the mornings (assuming u working normal office hours)

I believe every MRT line is jam during the morning peak la, cannot be avoided.

• Haha! 4

Park at multi-storey HDB beside Queenstown MRT on season parking. Walk 3 mins to Queenstown MRT station which is on EW line. There are also buses to Eu Tong Sen Street if I am not mistaken.

↡ Advertisement