Season Parking Around CBD - Inquiries / Buy / Sell

Lolex_king

anyone parking at marina sq then take public transport to ORQ? hows the travel time from marina sq to ORQ?

Takes about 15 to 20 mins walking from Marina Square to Raffles Place. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

do you park there? any trouble going there in the morning?

yup

Is there direct bus from marina sq to ORQ?

• Praise 1

MBFC is $482 per month

ORQ i think also $482 per month

I was contemplating parking somewhere along the downtown line and taking at least 3 to 4 stops to work. Still cheaper than paying $482

• Praise 1

MBFC is $482 per month

ORQ i think also $482 per month

I was contemplating parking somewhere along the downtown line and taking at least 3 to 4 stops to work. Still cheaper than paying $482

Not many places around downtown thou. Marina sq was one Tt I shortlisted. Edited by Thinker00

MBFC is $482 per month

ORQ i think also $482 per month

Isn't it troublesome and no time savings? Extra time taken to park and walk to your public transport transfer, in the end might as well take public transport straightaway from house.

Supersonic

Isn't it troublesome and no time savings? Extra time taken to park and walk to your public transport transfer, in the end might as well take public transport straightaway from house.

Depends.

Sometimes it's still faster if the bus trip is less than 10 bus stops.

What's worst is those who sweat easily.  By the time reach office, smell like a stinking racoon.

Not many places around downtown thou. Marina sq was one Tt I shortlisted.

Honestly, if i gonna drive & park in the city, i will make sure that it is minimal walk.

No point to pay so much & still have to transfer bus, MRT & walk.

Depends.

You get the worst of both worlds in this way. Stuck in traffic jam and crowded in bus/mrt. If raining also jalat...

Supersonic

You get the worst of both worlds in this way. Stuck in traffic jam and crowded in bus/mrt. If raining also jalat...

Better to be stuck in the crowded bus/mrt for the whole trip and have to make multiple transfers and wait.

Drive to the maximum distance out of the CBD and only suffer the crowdings for a short bus trip.

Aiya, different people have different ideas to save costs. Let them be.

Depends.

Depends.

Some bus trip even less than 10 bus stops might take a long time, due to heavy traffic, many traffic light and high loading of people along bus stops. And worst waiting time for the bus is long. So overall the bus trip might take a long time.

Maybe this is the reason why they closed down the Park & Ride scheme? Lol.

The thing is I stay at bukit batok and taking public door-to-door is around 55 to 65 mins during peak hours that if it doesn't rain.

Once it starts raining, my travel time will be 65 to 75 mins.

I currently ride a bike to work and door-to-door takes 30 mins, but once it starts raining, I will take public. Planning to drive to work as I'm facing family resistance. 

The thing is I stay at bukit batok and taking public door-to-door is around 55 to 65 mins during peak hours that if it doesn't rain.

Once it starts raining, my travel time will be 65 to 75 mins.

I currently ride a bike to work and door-to-door takes 30 mins, but once it starts raining, I will take public. Planning to drive to work as I'm facing family resistance. 

If you drive, how long will it take? Anyway, from bt batok to town, taking MRT needs to take 55-65 mins so long?

If you drive, how long will it take? Anyway, from bt batok to town, taking MRT needs to take 55-65 mins so long?

I've tried once during peak hour (the parking charges is horrendous, it takes around 45 to 50 mins. But heading back home, if we don't drive during the peak hour, it's around 30 mins. I usually head to the gym before going home to miss the peak hour traffic.

Bukit Batok BTOs just TOP and there is large number of population that just moved in. It used to take 40 mins to raffles now I have to miss around 2-3 trains (each interval is 4 to 6 mins) before able to get into 1. I haven't mentioned Jurong East but this is still manageable as the internals are decent at 2 to 3 mins. I might still miss around 1 to 2 trains before getting into 1.

*I really hated it during the MRT breakdowns that's why I bought a bike and ride to work*

Supersonic

Depends.

Some bus trip even less than 10 bus stops might take a long time, due to heavy traffic, many traffic light and high loading of people along bus stops. And worst waiting time for the bus is long. So overall the bus trip might take a long time.

Maybe this is the reason why they closed down the Park & Ride scheme? Lol.

Any bus trip that is less than 30 mins should be bearable.

Somemore many roads within the CBD and just outside CBD have bus lanes.

It won't be very long.

I've tried once during peak hour (the parking charges is horrendous, it takes around 45 to 50 mins. But heading back home, if we don't drive during the peak hour, it's around 30 mins. I usually head to the gym before going home to miss the peak hour traffic.

Bukit Batok BTOs just TOP and there is large number of population that just moved in. It used to take 40 mins to raffles now I have to miss around 2-3 trains (each interval is 4 to 6 mins) before able to get into 1. I haven't mentioned Jurong East but this is still manageable as the internals are decent at 2 to 3 mins. I might still miss around 1 to 2 trains before getting into 1.

*I really hated it during the MRT breakdowns that's why I bought a bike and ride to work*

If MRT breakdown, anywhere also same de. Lol.

So the new BTO area at bt batok really affected the travelling time on MRT during peak hours now ah? Actually those people staying at those new BTO, they can take bus along bt batok road to jurong east mrt, maybe faster? Anyway, even before the BTO at bt batok, that area the MRT always super crowded and train interval is long de. But if you drive from bt batok to town, traffic along PIE to AYE also very heavy le. Think also back to square one.

↡ Advertisement