NS pre-enlistees to get free SAFRA gym membership in November trial

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

st_20191009_09toon_51723932.jpg

NS pre-enlistees to get free SAFRA gym membership in November trial

Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ns-pre-enlistees-free-1-year-safra-gym-membership-11966110

energyone-gym-safra-choa-chu-kang.jpg

SINGAPORE: Future national servicemen will get a free one-year SAFRA EnergyOne (E1) gym membership to prepare for their pre-enlistee Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) and the physical demands of National Service (NS).

The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) said on Thursday (Oct 3) it will launch this trial, named the PreEnlistees Exercise Programme for National Service (PREP4NS), with SAFRA in November.

"PREP4NS aims to encourage pre-enlistees to use E1 gym facilities and improve their general fitness," MINDEF said in a news release.

The membership grants access to all six SAFRA E1 gyms located in Jurong, Mount Faber, Punggol, Tampines, Toa Payoh and Yishun.

PREP4NS members can also make use of the facilities and programmes at the E1 gyms, including the full range of fitness equipment, free group fitness classes, swimming pools as well as Jacuzzi and steam rooms.

Eligible pre-enlistees must register for PREP4NS to receive the complimentary gym membership. More details on registration will be provided on the SAFRA website from November, MINDEF said.

To be eligible, MINDEF said pre-enlistees must have registered for full-time NS but are yet to enlist, and have been assessed to be medically fit for NS.

Those who have been given a temporary PES status will be eligible for PREP4NS once they are assessed to be medically fit for NS.

For SAFRA term members, a one-year, all-day access E1 gym membership costs S$963.00.

The pre-enlistee IPPT determines the duration of the basic training a recruit goes through in either the Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore Police Force or Singapore Civil Defence Force.

For instance, recruits can get an eight-week reduction in their full-time NS duration by achieving 61 points or more from the three pre-enlistee IPPT stations.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Kusje said:

more useless shit that won't be used.

another excuse to subsidize safra with tax payers money.

Actually i think is good. At least is for our own citizens. Walk into any safra or HomeTeam clubhouses these days and you will see FTs using the pools and gyms and facilities like majiam they served NS and is their goddamn privilege to be there.

I checked..the price distinction to use the facilities at safra or Hometeam between guys who served NS and foreigners is very little. Is an affordable gap. Thats why  I think if you are opening up the clubhouses to FTs might as well rename them as public clubhouses. No need to call them as NS clubhouses. 😅

• Praise 4

4 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Actually i think is good. At least is for our own citizens. Walk into any safra or HomeTeam clubhouses these days and you will see FTs using the pools and gyms and facilities like majiam they served NS and is their goddamn privilege to be there.

I checked..the price distinction to use the facilities at safra or Hometeam between guys who served NS and foreigners is very little. Is an affordable gap. Thats why  I think if you are opening up the clubhouses to FTs might as well rename them as public clubhouses. No need to call them as NS clubhouses. 😅

They open to public and to non-NS ppl?  I'm surprised!

In principle, they shouldn't do that!!

7 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

U r right but i guess just like everything in sg, money ultimate prevail cos if no open to FT, the f&b there will have limited businesses.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

It has been a long time since I have visited safra. I didn't know it is open to the public also. seems like the FT more health-conscious than us.  🤔

51 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

They open to public and to non-NS ppl?  I'm surprised!

In principle, they shouldn't do that!!

Dont know since when safra and hometeam club open to public and non-NS people. This is why the pool and gym are more crowded like the Activesg gym.

9 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

They give these locals free entry (which is unused). Who pays for this? 

This payment then subsidies the fees that FTs pay for their membership.

↡ Advertisement