2 drug offenders arrested for possession of loaded pistol in Jurong West

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

yq-pist1-09102025.jpg.80a0084266fe2fa14df79f4b88b91df0.jpg

Two suspected drug offenders have been arrested for the possession of a loaded pistol, which was found by police and Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers.

In a press conference on Wednesday (Oct 9), CNB and police said they have arrested two men, aged 24 and 25, in a joint operation held on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Superintendent Aaron Tang, CNB's director of intelligence division, said the agency had acted on information that the two suspects were involved in "illicit drug activities" and were in possession of firearms.

The police were called in for assistance, and officers from both agencies arrested the 24 year-old in the vicinity of Jurong West Street 72 on Tuesday.

The pistol, which was loaded with four bullets, was found in his unit along with four spare bullets, said the police and CNB.

The second man was arrested at about 2.25am on Wednesday in Woodlands Street 13 after further investigations revealed that he knowingly remained in the company of the first man, despite being aware of the firearm.

No drugs were found on the two, and results of their urine analysis are pending.

Superintendent Daniel Wong, deputy head of the special investigation services in the Criminal Investigation Department, said there is nothing to indicate the gun has been fired in Singapore.

Both suspects are Singaporeans and are acquaintances, he added.

The authorities declined comment on the origins of the firearm - believed to be a Seahawk pistol - or what its intended purpose was.

This is understood to be the first case since 2009 involving the illegal possession of firearms.

The two men will be charged in court on Thursday. Investigations are ongoing.

If found guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm, both suspects could be jailed for at least five years and given at least six strokes of the cane.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 4

If found guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm, both suspects could be jailed for at least five years and given at least six strokes of the cane.

I thought possession of firearms face the death penalty. Guess I was wrong  all the while.😅

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Ender said:

I thought possession of firearms face the death penalty. Guess I was wrong  all the while.😅

Discharge of firearm, hit or bobo will get it.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

For those interested GLOCK does hold regular training and competition in various parts of the world.

I have attended and great to meet some unusual and interesting people.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

It's a cheap knockoff from a SE Asian country. Made from scrap metal by illegal gunsmith. Dunno whether can shoot straight or not.

Quality look quite good liao... 

Wonder if the fellas just wanted to look bad ass or really intended to use it...

Perhaps they also found copies of "a better tomorrow"..

How on earth were they able to bring in something like that into Singapore without being detected? I thought the latest X-ray machines at customs / airport would have picked up something like this.

Anyway, good work to the Police for catching these guys! Well done!

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, BeoW said:

How on earth were they able to bring in something like that into Singapore without being detected? I thought the latest X-ray machines at customs / airport would have picked up something like this.

Anyway, good work to the Police for catching these guys! Well done!

If you drive into Singapore there is no x-ray mah. There is alot of method to smuggle things, I think we have deterrence factor but we cannot 100% ensure there is no smuggling one. 

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, BeoW said:

remember mas selamat? 😅

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

remember mas selamat? 😅

Oh yah, that one. Forgot all about him.  I never got the full story of how he managed to escape from the island. Don' t tell me he swam. The currents around Singapore are too strong.

15 minutes ago, BeoW said:

Oh yah, that one. Forgot all about him.  I never got the full story of how he managed to escape from the island. Don' t tell me he swam. The currents around Singapore are too strong.

yup crippled, but swam across, using some improvised floats apparently...

still got others that got away: one-eyed dragon, Kovan murder mata...

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

yup crippled, but swam across, using some improvised floats apparently...

Wow, unreal. I've always been scared of the sea current around Singapore. Looks deep, dark & scary. 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, Ender said:

Thought penalty was as harsh as kidnapping. 

5 years only 

↡ Advertisement