Zipping Round The West Coast In A Toyota CHR

therock

Turbocharged
On 10/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, Matoonia said:

Nice.. Will be watching this thread. Gg end Nov from SF to LA. Still planning route and itinerary 

how long? i just did 15 nights... LA, SF, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Death Valley, Vegas, Grand Canyon, LA

SF to LA => Big SUR, pls dun take interstate 5, Take 1

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, therock said:

2.88 per gallon in Oregon 

4.35 in California 

usd..

in the moutains, it cost more than 5.5....

3 minutes ago, Vegas said:

how long? i just did 15 nights... LA, SF, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Death Valley, Vegas, Grand Canyon, LA

Squashed ... drink gulped :D 

On 10/13/2019 at 8:29 PM, Heartlander said:

Actually my itinerary still not firm yet. But not really keen to go New England as I looking at taking local 5 days tour from Washington DC that take care of Niagara Falls and NY portion. The north states are colder and road more dangerous to drive as potentially snow logged due to chills from Canada. Unless the New England states have unique sceneries that must visit, I intend to skip them as most likely to see similar sceneries in other states visiting.

The chill in December is ok but the lake effect snow can really screw up your entire travel plan. It is no joke.  5 days to cover NF, Montreal, New England, Boston route is really ambitious. Half the time you will be on the bus.

You should consider to head south instead unless this is a white Christmas plan. NF during weather has its beauty but some of the activities and viewing points (Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds) will be closed. 

16 hours ago, Vegas said:

I be there for 14 nights. Your route will be quite similar to mine. I will land in SF and depart from LA. Can share your itineary/route?

Intended route SF>Yosemite>Modesto>Monterey>Cambria>LA>Vegas>Grand Canyon>Vegas>LA

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, therock said:

2.88 per gallon in Oregon 

4.35 in California 

usd..

75c per litre in modern day measurements.

Edited by louisbosco

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Matoonia said:

I be there for 14 nights. Your route will be quite similar to mine. I will land in SF and depart from LA. Can share your itineary/route?

Intended route SF>Yosemite>Modesto>Monterey>Cambria>LA>Vegas>Grand Canyon>Vegas>LA

pm ur email address

3 hours ago, Matoonia said:

awesome ... enjoy [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know

LV to GC - take the flight and stay in a lodge by the canyon edge. 

Dont drive man .. too far and too tiring 

beware of hiking down the canyon

it takes thrice the effort to come up

dont go down with kids who then ask you to carry then

worse than Brunei bro ..

• Praise 3

21 hours ago, Vegas said:

Bro, can share your itinerary? PM me.

4 hours ago, Matoonia said:

If you are not traveling in late December, you can consider SF > Monterey > Yosemite -> LV via Tioga Pass > GC > LA.

The mountain drive from Yosemite to LV is 7-8 hours but it is a really scenic mountain drive. 

• Praise 2

Two weeks of laundry 🧺..

and a couple of nights before my next trip 

😴 

good night all 

I’ll get down to sharing hotels etc when I’m not so jet lagged ..

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, therock said:

LV to GC - take the flight and stay in a lodge by the canyon edge. 

Dont drive man .. too far and too tiring 

beware of hiking down the canyon 

it takes thrice the effort to come up

dont go down with kids who then ask you to carry then

worse than Brunei bro ..

Wah so jialat ah.. worse than Brunei is 😨. lucky i only did Brunei once before, but really shaq. lost 3 kg after came back...

yes my elder girl 12yo can manage on her own, but the younger one always want to be carried. Seriously may want to skip this then, and just go Yosemite

↡ Advertisement