Banned!! ... on advertisements of SSB with very high sugar content

Mockngbrd

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Looks like high sugar drink is much more important and scary than PMDs?! [rolleyes]

garment has to spend millions $$ on healthcare for diabetic problems.  if they can overcome this, they save the money.   

but of course, we all know sugar drinks are not the only cause of diabetic problem. they will slowly ban on other high sugar content food 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

57 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Next time put your nick as BanCCS2019  [smash]  kopi my BanCoe  

sabo king

giving ideas to my kawan to ban me

next life I come back not as AngCheek BUT as ItchyBackSide or a famous writer AlfredItchyCock

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Lol those donut shops must be shitting their pants 🤣🤣🤣

plus they have lotsa transfat too I was told    

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, yishunite said:

If you are one of those that always teh peng, teh orr peng type... one day can easily 4 or 5 cups in our hot weather..

The amount of sugar and condensed milk can put the donuts to shame. 

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Bubble tea da worst

But bubble tea can choose the sugar level, if you dont choose 100% sugar should not be too bad?

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

Donut very unhealthy, sugar and fat content very high. Whenever i eat a donut, scare if i will get diabetics? Lol.

@RadX, @Jman888, @Spring, @Carbon82

can one of the mods pls add the word "ads" or  "advertisements" somewhere in the title, or mayb make the title a little clearer? 

Its BAN  advertisements on high sugar drinks, not ban sugar or ban sugar drinks. I think BIG BIG different.

Nothing really is happening  to the sugars, manufacturers are told to reduce their sugar and put up label, those products with high sugars are not allowed to advertise, thats about it.

Brands with multiple product line ups wont be affected too much, most of the time they advertise the brand name rather than a product itself. Advertisements are done to create awareness, remind brand presents, and to create the pulling effect into the stores so that other products can sell as well. Cannot advertise COKE, then do it for coke zero, and reinforce the COKE branding, once consumer gets into the store, they will see COKE, and they will still buy COKE. 

As a marketer, this BAN do nothing to me unless I have a single product per line up. 

Ciggi also ban on advertisement, still got so many ppl smoke and die of lung cancer, effective meh? <_<[laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Banning is not an option.

They will slap a tax instead!

U guys still dunno how they work?

I agree...dun need to wayang so much. Jus inform us when and how much you wan to raise sugar tax

• Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

@RadX, @Jman888, @Spring, @Carbon82

can one of the mods pls add the word "ads" or  "advertisements" somewhere in the title, or mayb make the title a little clearer? 

Its BAN  advertisements on high sugar drinks, not ban sugar or ban sugar drinks. I think BIG BIG different.

Nothing really is happening  to the sugars, manufacturers are told to reduce their sugar and put up label, those products with high sugars are not allowed to advertise, thats about it.

Brands with multiple product line ups wont be affected too much, most of the time they advertise the brand name rather than a product itself. Advertisements are done to create awareness, remind brand presents, and to create the pulling effect into the stores so that other products can sell as well. Cannot advertise COKE, then do it for coke zero, and reinforce the COKE branding, once consumer gets into the store, they will see COKE, and they will still buy COKE. 

As a marketer, this BAN do nothing to me unless I have a single product per line up. 

Ciggi also ban on advertisement, still got so many ppl smoke and die of lung cancer, effective meh? <_<[laugh][laugh]

You should try normal coke in Malaysia.  Got CO2 without much sugar.

• Haha! 1

awww... gonna miss all those ad like this.

I used to drink coke quite frequently till I find it affecting my health. Have stopped all sugar drinks. Only have it once a while. Even my morning cup of kopi is 2in1 and lunch is normally siew dai.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1