Banned!! ... on advertisements of SSB with very high sugar content

Mockngbrd

Drinking this soda will not give you diabetes I guarantee it.

If people mean sugary drink please say sugary drinks and not soda as this soda has no sugar at all.

:D

image.png.d9ae200ffbe562ef3bf812dde79d641d.png

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 hours ago, Lmws214 said:

title - not all caps

Drinking more soda and juice tied to increased diabetes risk: Study

https://www.asiaone.com/world/drinking-more-soda-and-juice-tied-increased-diabetes-risk-study

NEW YORK - People who increase their consumption of sodas, juices and other sweet drinks over time are more likely than those who don't to develop diabetes, a US study suggests.

Researchers examined over two decades of data from more than 192,000 men and women who worked in nursing or other healthcare jobs.

None of the participants had diabetes at the start of the study; by the end almost 12,000 people had developed the disease.

After accounting for how much people weighed and their overall eating patterns, researchers found that those who increased their total consumption of sugary drinks by a half serving a day over four years were 16% more likely to develop diabetes over the next four-year period.

With the same daily half-serving increase in artificially-sweetened drinks, the odds went up 18%.

"Even though consumption of 100% fruit juices has been considered a healthy alternative to sugar-sweetened beverages because of the vitamins and minerals in fruit juices, they typically contain similar amounts of sugar and calories as sugar-sweetened beverages," said Jean-Philippe Drouin-Chartier, lead author of the study and a nutrition researcher at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston.

The study results "raise concerns about the negative health effects of sugary beverages, regardless of whether the sugar is added or naturally occurring," Drouin-Chartier said by email.

The researchers focused on type 2 diabetes in the study, the most common form of the disease, which is associated with obesity and aging.

They also found that when people replaced sodas, juices and other sugary beverages with other kinds of drinks, their risk of developing diabetes went down.

Replacing one serving a day of sugary drinks with water, coffee or tea, was associated with a 2% to 10% lowering of diabetes risk. The data did not include information about whether people added sugar to their coffee or tea, the study team notes.

The analysis also wasn't designed to prove whether or how drink selections might directly impact the development of diabetes.

It's possible that diet sodas and other artificially-sweetened drinks were tied to higher diabetes risk because people switched to these beverages after they developed diabetes or realised they were on track to get the disease, the study team acknowledges in Diabetes Care.

However, the results should still serve as a reminder that even some sugary drinks that people think of as healthy - like orange juice - can still lead to elevated blood sugar and contribute to the development of diabetes, said Dr. Robert Cohen, a diabetes researcher at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in Ohio, who wasn't involved in the study.

"Sugary beverages that people might otherwise think of as being healthy provide a load of sugar (sucrose) which gets broken down to glucose and raises blood glucose," Cohen said by email.

"Removing or markedly reducing beverages like fruit juices can have a dramatic effect to improve blood sugar control."

Why is there a need to post this AGAIN when we have the banned ad sugar drinks?

you starting your spamming nonsense again ag

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Lmws214 said:

title - not all caps

Drinking more soda and juice tied to increased diabetes risk: Study

https://www.asiaone.com/world/drinking-more-soda-and-juice-tied-increased-diabetes-risk-study

NEW YORK - People who increase their consumption of sodas, juices and other sweet drinks over time are more likely than those who don't to develop diabetes, a US study suggests.

Researchers examined over two decades of data from more than 192,000 men and women who worked in nursing or other healthcare jobs.

None of the participants had diabetes at the start of the study; by the end almost 12,000 people had developed the disease.

After accounting for how much people weighed and their overall eating patterns, researchers found that those who increased their total consumption of sugary drinks by a half serving a day over four years were 16% more likely to develop diabetes over the next four-year period.

With the same daily half-serving increase in artificially-sweetened drinks, the odds went up 18%.

"Even though consumption of 100% fruit juices has been considered a healthy alternative to sugar-sweetened beverages because of the vitamins and minerals in fruit juices, they typically contain similar amounts of sugar and calories as sugar-sweetened beverages," said Jean-Philippe Drouin-Chartier, lead author of the study and a nutrition researcher at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston.

The study results "raise concerns about the negative health effects of sugary beverages, regardless of whether the sugar is added or naturally occurring," Drouin-Chartier said by email.

The researchers focused on type 2 diabetes in the study, the most common form of the disease, which is associated with obesity and aging.

They also found that when people replaced sodas, juices and other sugary beverages with other kinds of drinks, their risk of developing diabetes went down.

Replacing one serving a day of sugary drinks with water, coffee or tea, was associated with a 2% to 10% lowering of diabetes risk. The data did not include information about whether people added sugar to their coffee or tea, the study team notes.

The analysis also wasn't designed to prove whether or how drink selections might directly impact the development of diabetes.

It's possible that diet sodas and other artificially-sweetened drinks were tied to higher diabetes risk because people switched to these beverages after they developed diabetes or realised they were on track to get the disease, the study team acknowledges in Diabetes Care.

However, the results should still serve as a reminder that even some sugary drinks that people think of as healthy - like orange juice - can still lead to elevated blood sugar and contribute to the development of diabetes, said Dr. Robert Cohen, a diabetes researcher at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in Ohio, who wasn't involved in the study.

"Sugary beverages that people might otherwise think of as being healthy provide a load of sugar (sucrose) which gets broken down to glucose and raises blood glucose," Cohen said by email.

"Removing or markedly reducing beverages like fruit juices can have a dramatic effect to improve blood sugar control."

Pls use some of your gray matter in future

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Pls use some of your gray matter in future

are you sure got gray matter in the first place? [:p]

You cannot use anything you dont have leh.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Haha...@radx and me at it again right you must think? But hey... i healthy. 

No lor, you have transform into his "Pet cockroach" already,  sld be quite safe for sometime. So you never cross my mind....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

On 10/10/2019 at 3:29 PM, Etnt said:

cos got war on diabetes but no war on pmd mah.

who say what then become important lor.

Cause high medical will have impact on the country.... not so for PMD.... and also push come to shove... they just ban PMD.... not so easy for sugary drinks...

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Drinking this soda will not give you diabetes I guarantee it.

If people mean sugary drink please say sugary drinks and not soda as this soda has no sugar at all.

image.png.d9ae200ffbe562ef3bf812dde79d641d.png

Why pay so much for this kind of water?  

On 10/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, Lala81 said:

Agreed. Unfortunately, war on sugar is a easy catchy slogan. But it's harder to amend your dietary preferences, say if u like to wake up and eat some fishball noodles to go to work. 
Whereas sweetened drinks is a low lying fruit to target. 

Cut chilli with soya sauce or chilli sauce with lots of sugar. Haha choose your poison.

Really?  Chilli has lots of sugar?  I checked with my helper and she denied adding sugar.

Anyway, it is good to regulate and manage sugar intake, there are just too much of it in our food and drinks, my coffee and tea taste so much better after i cut sugar. Didn't ban it totally, just moderating intake so that I can enjoy and appreciate life better. Haha...

The only thing I ban is commercial satays these days.  Too much sugar and MSG. Damn thirsty after eating.

Edited by Voodooman

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Really?  Chilli has lots of sugar?  I checked with my helper and she denied adding sugar.

depends on the style.

indo (Javanese)/malay type usually has lots of sugar (esp the sambals). Example will be the nasi lemak chili. That's why its sweet.

not sure abt Chinese style or thai style chilis. 

bottled chili probably has some sugar in it too. Have to check the labels on the bottle.

• Praise 2

U need a bit of sweetness to take away the qiang nature of chilli. Sometimes even if soya sauce based one, also got some sugar inside.
Certainly the dipping chilli sauces that u get for China style hotpot have.

But worst is the chilli sauce type. Quite a lot of it is actually sugar.

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Jusnel said:

Why pay so much for this kind of water?  

This is only for people that have gastric and indigestion, bloated feeling etc. 

People have been spending billions on coke,  sprite, root beer etc and no one has said why spend so much money on this? 

The drink that has no sugar one person will make that kind of comment. 

Chilli sauce, soy sauce has minimal sugar, compared to canned drinks.

One 330ml can of any soft drink, has 9 teaspoons of sugar. 

One 500ml bottle of any soft drink has 12 teaspoons of sugar.

Those who love to drink soft drink and not scare of the sugar, you eat 9 to 12 teaspoons of sugar straight and tell us what's your feeling after swallow 9 to 12 teaspoons of sugar 

Those soy sauce or chilli paste wont kill you because we normally take a small amount of it.  No one gonna to drink one can of soy sauce.

部分包装饮料已先行贴营养等级标签 消费者对新标签疑惑不解

政府在2019年10月宣布,从今年12月30日起所有在本地销售的包装饮料,必须贴上注明A、B、C或D等级的营养等级标签(Nutri-Grade)。营养等级标签须列明饮料含糖分和饱和脂肪百分比,方便消费者快速比较。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20221023-1325523

so D is for Delicious ? [:p]

• Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, Blueray said:

on the shelves already.

IMG20221108122425.jpg

Frankly, for the uninitiated like me, I don't understand the label.

1. Is the nutri-grade for "source of calcium", bcuz I don't associate nutrition with sugar ?

2. Is A the worst for (100%) sugar, since "0% sugar" is on the right and A in on the left ?

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement