Wee Nam Kee Chicken Rice restaurant founder Wee Toon Ouut dies aged 81

kobayashiGT

RIP,  towkay.

Not tried b4.

But tried the hainanese chicken in Purvis street. Cannot remember kopitiam name. That was what i took the lup too. Ginger, coconut and peanut hai. kueh. 

And Chin Chin on tan quee lan for their curry drumstick hor fun. One of the nicest tasting too.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont have impression see before there le?! [laugh]

More than half year liow... Bunched with sezaria and thai boat noodles and curry is drink. Behind ah kun. Actually it's beside a Malay food stall but I don't knoe the name. 

Turbocharged

The original rui kee at the end of purvis Street was damn good. Tender chicken cooked just pink. But too bad they have closed. The atmosphere in the super old mosiac tiled shop house can't be matched. 

sigh RIP ... usually see him helping out at the United Square branch. Not exactly a fan of the chicken rice but often order the curry fish head (claypot) .

Edited by Count_duku

16 minutes ago, Count_duku said:

sigh RIP ... usually see him helping out at the United Square branch. Not exactly a fan of the chicken rice but often order the curry fish head (claypot) .

Yes i had that on the recommendation of my friend as well.

RIP

But i find abit overrated except for original branch. Always have to tell them boneless or they give u bone at Northpoint one. 

Nam Kee at Upper Thomson Rd (no 'Wee') still better

↡ Advertisement