4G Toyota Yaris

inlinesix

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

https://www.wapcar.my/news/only-5-dealers-are-allowed-to-sell-the-rm-299k-2020-toyota-gr-yaris-in-malaysia-21478

Only 5 dealers are allowed to sell the RM 299k 2020 Toyota GR Yaris in Malaysia

I went to one of the GR Garage dealer - Mutiara in JB. It’s just a pop-up booth selling various GR merchandise and some suspension. Wasn’t impressed at all. The workshops are just normal servicing. And they sell other Toyota makes. 

The thing about selling cars in Malaysia or any other countries is quite different from Singapore. Toyota Malaysia main dealer is UMW with smaller independent ones like the 5 above. These independent dealers also import models direct from Japan that’s not available by the main dealer. They also have tuning motor sports  to heighten their company dealer profile. 

11 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

I went to one of the GR Garage dealer - Mutiara in JB. It’s just a pop-up booth selling various GR merchandise and some suspension. Wasn’t impressed at all. The workshops are just normal servicing. And they sell other Toyota makes. 

The thing about selling cars in Malaysia or any other countries is quite different from Singapore. Toyota Malaysia main dealer is UMW with smaller independent ones like the 5 above. These independent dealers also import models direct from Japan that’s not available by the main dealer. They also have tuning motor sports  to heighten their company dealer profile. 

UMW nowadays is the importer of Toyota.  It longer runs any dealership.

Mutiara is 1 of the AD.

Mutiara has other car biz outside of Toyota AD.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, Zxcvb said:

Too bad no test drive at genting. Lol!!

It was a pointless review. Sad to say. Didn't add anything to the tonnes of review already out there. 

20 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

https://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/overview.php?CarCode=1280

$240k. I’d rather get a AMG A35 at this price. 

Borneo allocated 20 units and at least 17 is sold . Price around 190k only , not 240 ...

But frankly , most of these buyers will still buy if it’s 240 k as frankly who in the right mind will pay 190k for a Yaris ... 

Expected launch date May 2021 with first few cars delivery May / June ... cannot wait for it to be here ..

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 3

20 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Borneo allocated 20 units and at least 17 is sold . Price around 190k only , not 240 ...

But frankly , most of these buyers will still buy if it’s 240 k as frankly who in the right mind will pay 190k for a Yaris ... 

Expected launch date May 2021 with first few cars delivery May / June ... cannot wait for it to be here ..

Does it come with Front/Rear Torsen Diff?

So easy to say.. for xxx$$, I rather buy GTI; C-Class; 320i; Sorento; 10 units of DBS shares etc etc

GR Yaris is unique and appeals to a limited group of people who understand that it is a WRC rally car converted to civilian use.

There is almost no precedent in history.

Toyota had to do this in order to design an all-out rally car from scratch; as there are rules that it must be based on an equivalent civilian car.

• Praise 1

I will buy GR Yaris over A35:

1. Unique chassis as compared to bnb Yaris; A35 no diff from A180;

2. Most powerful 3 pot in the world.  It is only 50hp short in power as compared to A35.

3. MT only.  A35 no MT.

4. Driver switchable central diff.

5. Sleeper

• Praise 4

18 hours ago, Hubwee said:

The latest I hear - all 20 accounted for. 

$181k - $188k

Edited by Toeknee_33

12 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

$181k - $188k

I assume there will be some stock every year. According to WRC rules they need to sell at least 25k of civilian equivalent car.

The current quota restrictions is probably because it is not mass produced on normal assembly line but hand-built in a special part of motomachi plant.

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

I assume there will be some stock every year. According to WRC rules they need to sell at least 25k of civilian equivalent car.

The current quota restrictions is probably because it is not mass produced on normal assembly line but hand-built in a special part of motomachi plant.

The rules have changed for 2022. So Toyota decided against racing the GR Yaris but continue with the previous Yaris GRMN chassis. 

Edited by Toeknee_33

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

$181k - $188k

Yup , base model and rally pack or something . Was told only 20 units by BM and no more they claimed .

2 different kind of white , red and black colour only ...

Ordered  the rally pack and hopefully car will be delivered May 2021 ...

Actually looking more forward to this car than the F8 that will be here Feb 2021 ...

Edited by Hubwee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3