COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2019

Carbon82

7 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

There r few myths abt Toyota cars that need to be updated.

1. FC is one of them

2. Resale value. I always post this question. For those who bought their Altis elegance @ 120k 3-4yrs ago, how much the dealer willing to take back? U can't be getting 80-90k for that car. Same like any car brand, they will suffer a huge loss.

But if better resale value = higher selling price? Then of course the selling price is higher because of the Parf n the price they bought is higher. But anyway, it's quite hard to change their mind. 

Lets say both a skoda and a toyota altis were bought in 2015 at $120k. and both have the same paper value at $30k as of Oct 2019.

I'm sure the quote for the car will be as follows:

Toyota - $40k 

Skoda - Paper + 2k = $32k. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Phv hirer will either rent a car which is value for money or a car they like

Value for money = cheaper rental , good FC or 6 seaters ( can get more option of customers)

U see why there lesser Altis otr. Higher rental n average FC or below. U see more sienta, freed, shuttle, fit, Mazda 3 n vezel for a reason

Altis was just an example. I can use the example on a sienta as well. what i'm trying to say is popular cars have better resale value compared to rare make/models.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

Lets say both a skoda and a toyota altis were bought in 2015 at $120k. and both have the same paper value at $30k as of Oct 2019.

I'm sure the quote for the car will be as follows:

Toyota - $40k 

Skoda - Paper + 2k = $32k. 

Ya la I agree.

If u talk abt other Jap or Korea cars, their resale market r not bad la.

But if u give me a choice. I rather enjoy a  better performance, spec n features, design car for few yrs then pay loss that few k at the end of the day, than to drive a boring uncle car just to get back that few k 

And also if talking abt a similar bhp car. I'm sure Skoda FC is better than Altis. 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Ya la I agree.

If u talk abt other Jap or Korea cars, their resale market r not bad la.

But if u give me a choice. I rather enjoy a  better performance, spec n features, design car for few yrs then pay loss that few k at the end of the day, than to drive a boring uncle car just to get back that few k 

And also if talking abt a similar bhp car. I'm sure Skoda FC is better than Altis. 

Skoda cars suddenly become quite popular recently. Lol.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

Altis was just an example. I can use the example on a sienta as well. what i'm trying to say is popular cars have better resale value compared to rare make/models.

Reply is spot on! 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Dilemma said:

How much better? Any ballpark figure?

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Must read between lines haha...

He is driving some messages across..lol

COE will be $100,000 next round.

The US government will pump in as as much as 100 billion a day to save the world economy.

More than 100 billion each and every day I am not kidding.

:D

The New York Fed announced it is increasing its temporary overnight repo operations to $120 billion a day from the current $75 billion.

In addition to the repo increase, term repo operations are rising to $45 billion, from $35 billion

The Federal Reserve is ramping up the amount of temporary liquidity injections it is providing for overnight lending markets.

Starting Thursday, the repo operation offerings will escalate to $120 billion from the current $75 billion as the central bank continues to calibrate the right amount of funding needed to keep the markets operating properly and to hold the overnight funds rate within its target range.

The announcement came from the New York Fed, which did not elaborate on the reason for the increase. However, it comes a day after the Fed injected just shy of $100 billion into the system via an operation where it provides banks with cash in exchange for high-quality assets like government bonds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/23/fed-repo-overnight-operations-level-to-increase-to-120-billion.html

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

The US government will pump in as as much as 100 billion a day to save the world economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/23/fed-repo-overnight-operations-level-to-increase-to-120-billion.html

The Fed is getting it totally wrong!  Gibing money to the banks will not save the economy.  The banks will use it to buy more bonds and not lend to companies.

The Fed should listen to Andrew Yang, just give money directly to you and me for free. Guaranteed we will spend it immediately and drive up the world's economy.

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

I suspect it is because the current line up are nicely styled and masculine looking sedans. Reminded me of the Chevy Cruze when it first came into SG around 10 years ago. You see many of them on the road then. Of course, not many left as all the issues started to appear in the 6-7th year. Hopefully the Skodas are not the same.

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

100 billion a day is alot of money. How does this affect the world?

We had been off tracked for awhile.

While we still are, may I add that a true driver/car lover will not place that much emphasis on resale value, easy upkeep, low maintenance and what have you.

This is akin to one consider his/her partner's  resale value (or divorce settlement), lifestyle etc as criteria for marriage. No passion, no consideration of style, handling, safety, performance. Just reliable,  high resale value will do?

10 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

100 billion a day is alot of money. How does this affect the world?

The value of money becomes smaller. 

Just like RM always goes down. 

The US dollar will goes down even faster. 

And the people that owns the most US debt is China. 

China because everyone in China saves their money even if they only earn a few dollars a day will save 20 to 30% means China banks will have billions. 

China banks with so much money have bought US bonds. 

The US$ will fall and the China banks will get a lot less money back on their investments. 

This will cause the China banks to get into trouble. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1