COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2019

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Dilemma said:

It just means that their profit margin is very high. Toyota didn't have the margin coz their cars were priced competitively.

Based on current pricing by SgCarmarkt,

Toyota Altis @ 98.988, its premium is 31% while

Skoda Octy even @ 102.9K is 20% . 

For your theory to be correct, then Maybe Sgcarmarkt makes mistakes. Maybe 20% is > 31%

I have yet to see one jap cars except maybe Suibaru from ADs with low margins

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Alau3978 said:

Well done Skoda Singapore, One shot One kill. Book Ambition Plus on Saturday and today got my COE.

Did you get free upgrade from Octy Ambition to Octy Ambition Plus?

I didn’t get any upgrade. The price is from the Cars @expo price. Since the expo, Cat B Coe already went up $4K. The salesman wants me to put deposit of $10K which I refused due to not having test drive the vehicle. Went to test drive on Saturday with my wife and negotiate the price to $99800. Very happy to get the Coe today.

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Theunwiseman said:

For your theory to be correct, then Maybe Sgcarmarkt makes mistakes. Maybe 20% is > 31%

You are a wise man.

:D

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Alau3978 said:

Both cars , Altis and Octavia are selling at $98K. OMV for both cars also similar. Octavia comes with everything and Altis comes naked.Skoda is using Cat B Coe and Altis is using Cat A Coe. For a layman, I think Octavia is more for value.

But poor resale. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Dilemma said:

It just means that their profit margin is very high. Toyota didn't have the margin coz their cars were priced competitively.

BM don't priced their car competitively. I thought this is well known

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Theunwiseman said:

Suzuki margin is quite fair but I get your point that the major Jap ADs have a fatter margins esp when compared to yesteryears. To be fair, they sell less numbers compared to years back so they make up by having fatter margins. 

The newer brands like Skoda hv to sell on thinner margins to move their cars as like it or not, popular brands move easier. Seat AD didn’t price their cars competitively in my opinion n hence they hv struggled to move their cars as compared to Skoda. 

• Praise 7

34 minutes ago, awhtc said:

I'm a little surprised that Cat A dropped slightly.

Maybe nothing much nice Cat A cars to buy lo.

14 hours ago, Theunwiseman said:

98988 is not the effective price, it is the list price. Usually they have promo at a much lower price.

14 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I have made a wish that  when I have money, I will buy a new car. 😄😄

Wow, talk about stating the obvious :D Bro are u practicing to be a politician? LOL :D 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Spring said:

Suzuki margin is quite fair but I get your point that the major Jap ADs have a fatter margins esp when compared to yesteryears. To be fair, they sell less numbers compared to years back so they make up by having fatter margins. 

The newer brands like Skoda hv to sell on thinner margins to move their cars as like it or not, popular brands move easier. Seat AD didn’t price their cars competitively in my opinion n hence they hv struggled to move their cars as compared to Skoda. 

I only car that Suzuki is able to interest me is jimny. test drove jimny last weekend and was disappointed with their 4 sp gearbox that made the drive too under power, everything else quite interesting.

omv was around 19k and ves is neutral but priced at 107k which mean dep ard 12k a year, therefore AD profit should be min 35% and above. do you think is reasonable for a jap car? perhaps dep between 9k to 10k is more acceptable.

1 hour ago, S_andrew said:

Skoda? 

When the car price is not that high, a poorer resale does not hit it materially.

That said, by the time u want to sell Skoda, the brand probably pick up already. Somemore managed by Volkswagen Centre. Look at the sales numbers since it was brought in recently. Pretty impressive.

Remains to be seen if the Altis (super common) or Skoda will give you better value (both drive and resale).

21 minutes ago, Lava said:

I only car that Suzuki is able to interest me is jimny. test drove jimny last weekend and was disappointed with their 4 sp gearbox that made the drive too under power, everything else quite interesting.

omv was around 19k and ves is neutral but priced at 107k which mean dep ard 12k a year, therefore AD profit should be min 35% and above. do you think is reasonable for a jap car? perhaps dep between 9k to 10k is more acceptable.

Actually I was referring to the SWIFT whose cost is around $67k+ with COE and selling list price at $76k which means a margin of less than $9k. OMV is $15.5k approx

I don't see many cars having margin of less than $10k, if any at all. I'm not sure why the Jimny is priced so high perhaps niche? Vitara is also having margin of around $11k. 

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4