World's Longest Flight

Soya

36 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Just look at the price of SG - NY, how many willing to pay that price?

Target should be biz travellers.

i think most people still will want to take a short break for maybe 2-3 hours to "break from the monotony" ....not going to be easy for the elderly; its really loooooong

Price is another factor; Long time back SIA had similar long haul flights to LAX but got shot down (though it was like 15 odd hours vs the 16+ hours non direct) but I think they still have to SF; Also they they had no economy but little more bigger seats but I remember the hand rest cannot collapse in (so cannot make bed) if next seat is empty       

I guess people should be aware of DVT medical issues 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 7

44 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

For super long haul 

only got premium Economy 

I see, then still not so bad. But think still quite torturing? Unless on a business class.

(edited)

This Qantas study sibei academic. Everyone was in biz class and they had a curated wellness programme. The results muz be overwhelmingly positive for management to launch the service...

Edited by Soya
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

For super long haul 

only got premium Economy 

Not all SQ ULR flights on that config. Still hv economy on Sin-SFO non stop

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Unless they have a running track on the plane, if not, people will just die from not moving.

For the aussies, it's a perfect excuse for a 20-hr drinking binge....

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Just look at the price of SG - NY, how many willing to pay that price?

i would at least one round trip in my life. not because i'll probably fly business but it's one of the top few aviation enthusiast flights there is. the old a346 used to be lovely..

3 hours ago, Soya said:

This Qantas study sibei academic. Everyone was in biz class and they had a curated wellness programme. The results muz be overwhelmingly positive for management to launch the service...

alan joyce has his head so far up his arse that he doesn't know what is relevant anymore. but tbf, perth - heathrow has been quite the success with 94% load factor, mainly because of the amount of poms here. to america might be a whole different story.

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Qantas said next world longest flight will be sydney to london

i think this will kill T5

I thought currently they are mainly transiting via Dubai, as they have strong tie up with Emirates since few years ago.

If no more transit, then Dubai will be first to kena.

Kangeroo transit in SIN I thought is mainly to let passengers hop on to the regional SEA routes such as Indo/Phili etc where there is weak direct-flight demand.

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Qantas said next world longest flight will be sydney to london

i think this will kill T5

If T5 depend on those drunk aussies alone, changi can close shop liao. They oredi bypass Sg n cosy up to the emiratis n but the meantime, we continue to build Jewel, announce T5. In other words....no diff

3 hours ago, louisbosco said:

alan joyce has his head so far up his arse that he doesn't know what is relevant anymore. but tbf, perth - heathrow has been quite the success with 94% load factor, mainly because of the amount of poms here. to america might be a whole different story.

Don't think that so-called non stop Per-LHR is really a point to point service. They still rely on domestic feeders from the other oz cities to perth first

So instead of Syd->Sin->Lhr, it's Syd->Per->Lhr

↡ Advertisement