World's Longest Flight

Soya

20 minutes ago, Soya said:

Tink u watching too many movies lah. Would take a Marvel superhero to overcome the cabin pressure mid flight....lol

Donno...I’ve read before ah tiongs have the penchant to do unthinkable weird things inflight.  

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

20 hrs flight, you may want to jump out of the plane, but then you can't

I sat in a navy ship once, 4 days to ROC, also feel like jumping into the sea.

Then have to bring along sleeping med, if cannot take it then take the med and at least can sleep for a few hours without going crazy. Lol. I think i cannot stay in a confined area for such a long hours, i should go crazy. Thats why until now i still didnt go on cruise. 

11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

last time i always choose exit row seat for long haul to usa and europe

can stretch, stand and squat ..

donkey years ago ... these seat are free to choose until now has to pay as “premium” seat selection [mad]

E95909EB-1335-455E-8141-FC4B668CBE66.jpeg

Actually ANA still offers these seats free. For my coming flight to US, managed to select this type of seat for 3 out of 4 flights. Downside is that just beside toilets, so is more noisy and always got people around. And maybe more smelly after 10 hours as toilets tend to be used more by then.

Last year I also manage to get this type of seat when checking in at the airport 3hrs before the flight. 

11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

last time i always choose exit row seat for long haul to usa and europe

can stretch, stand and squat ..

donkey years ago ... these seat are free to choose until now has to pay as “premium” seat selection [mad]

Think the extra premium you pay still cheaper than getting a premium economy or business class seat la.

Long haul economy would be torture. Business I think still can. Best is if those like Emirates or Qatar Airlines, with full shower facilities and even a proper bar.

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

Long haul economy would be torture. Business I think still can. Best is if those like Emirates or Qatar Airlines, with full shower facilities and even a proper bar.

Full shower facilities and bar? The ticket price must be super ex siah! 😂

• Haha! 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, Soya said:

Don't think that so-called non stop Per-LHR is really a point to point service. They still rely on domestic feeders from the other oz cities to perth first

So instead of Syd->Sin->Lhr, it's Syd->Per->Lhr

yeah the main flight origin is technically melbs as that's where the 787 will go to after perth. the main QF9 and 10 flight numbers include the domestic service. but it definitely provide another option from emirates, sq, qatar and such. it will be point to point if you are indeed living in perth where the non stop service was heavily marketed..

i'm doubtful SYD-LHR or EWR/ JFK - MEL will ever happen. the world's longest flying plane, the a359 is still a good 5000kms away from reaching that projected range realistically. not to mention a lot of other factors such as fuel load etc and i'm sure qantas will never do a 2 class config.. 

1 hour ago, louisbosco said:

First class:  Hold my drink.

besterestest is this, my friend.....lol

PC130578.thumb.jpg.866bb650fe113e45b5399ff71166082b.jpg

PC130578.webp

Dun tink I'll enjoy first crass. Sibei stress always being watched over constantly by cabin crew regularly who has to show they giving u utmost attention, hv to oblige the chief mamasan if wanna eat more, drink more n under pressure to keep instagramming to HL to frens, etc. LOL

I juz want my lie flat seat n meal on demand, happy liao. And yes, maybe a nice plate of SQ's lobster thermidor. Other than that,  I'm good

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Soya said:

Dun tink I'll enjoy first crass. Sibei stress always being watched over constantly by cabin crew regularly who has to show they giving u utmost attention, hv to oblige the chief mamasan if wanna eat more, drink more n under pressure to keep instagramming to HL to frens, etc. LOL

I juz want my lie flat seat n meal on demand, happy liao. And yes, maybe a nice plate of SQ's lobster thermidor. Other than that,  I'm good

the cabin crew are experienced and generally know when to fuss and when to leave you alone. 

they can also sense who prefers constant attention and who does not.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Soya said:

HAHAHA FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS EH? first class too stressful.. self downgrade to business..

rumour has it that lobster thermidor is no longer the go to meal for sq btc. kyo kaiseki is the new lobster thermidor..

On 12/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, Blueray said:

Qantas picks Airbus for ultra-long flights in blow to Boeing

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/qantas-picks-airbus-for-ultra-long-flights-in-blow-to-boeing

for Project Sunrise.

Juz flew 17+ non-stop from LAX to Sin on SQ Premium Economy. Gosh....quite painful sia. Can't imagine a 20hr flight on a lousy service airline like Qantas....

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

Juz flew 17+ non-stop from LAX to Sin on SQ Premium Economy. Gosh....quite painful sia. Can't imagine a 20hr flight on a lousy service airline like Qantas....

Qantas to put more experienced crew on board world's longest flights: Sources

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/qantas-world-longest-flights-sydney-london-new-york-pilots-12187078

they heard you ... :XD:

Edited by Blueray