where's the street food in sg?

VteckiCk

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

China taste good meh?

Taiwan street food has variety and is generally good but I find their pork dishes has a strong, piggy smell. Not sure if I have described it correctly but what I mean was that Taiwanese pork has a strong stench compared to our local version, I just don't understand why as pork should be pork wherever you get from in this World.

I  find TW food not really that nice .......... 

• Praise 5

11 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Actually, I also don't really fancy Taiwan street food but a lot of friends say otherwise.

• Praise 3

39 minutes ago, Spring said:

Actually, I also don't really fancy Taiwan street food but a lot of friends say otherwise.

thats why taste is very individual. our bros at my side dun need to get so irritated over this.....

• Praise 1

Hawker center consider as street foid to ang moh lah.

Just go youtube search some ang moh on their makan experience mostly mention HC as street food. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

are you sure? 

TW 辣妹 for supper not nice? :o-_-

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Somemore singapore “street food” has good and clean tables, nice cutleries as compared to other countries street food. 

But for food variety i have to say taiwan no 1. Their food are creative and have wide range of variety. 

Fully agreed. Visiting tw most important for me is looking for food. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Spring said:

China taste good meh?

Taiwan street food has variety and is generally good but I find their pork dishes has a strong, piggy smell. Not sure if I have described it correctly but what I mean was that Taiwanese pork has a strong stench compared to our local version, I just don't understand why as pork should be pork wherever you get from in this World.

actually i find their pork more tender than singapore. I don't detect any strong pig taste also.

I've eaten their saboten tonkatsu, their santouka ramen pork jowl meat. All better than SG versions of the same chain.

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Fully agreed. Visiting tw most important for me is looking for food. 

Taiwan cities to me very ugly, lag behind japan china and korea but their food indeed [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Spring said:

China taste good meh?

China is huge, they got many food varieties, many food snacks. I think china is better than hk in term of food street. 

Taiwan pork indeed has stronger smell. I don’t know but its unique. Also feel more juicy and tender compared to sg one. Sg one pork too clean like take shower many many times until no pork smell lolol

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Taiwan cities to me very ugly, lag behind japan china and korea but their food indeed [thumbsup]

Quite true.

Most of the place in TW don't even have a proper pedestrian walking way. Always had to walk on the road side. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

are you sure? 

TW 辣妹 for supper not nice? :o-_-

mental supplement food is different ... those are good for man's health 😍

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Spring said:

2 yrs back I was touring the north - central .... the nite street food not much taste . 

The zi cha also not much taste .  Only a few shops we happened to walk in , were not bad . 

and we even hired a local to drive us around in the 保姆车  😅

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, Spring said:

China taste good meh?

The pork equivalent of 羊骚味?  Ter Khor Bee in hokkien?

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Spring said:

China taste good meh?

Because of the way the pork is being stored here in sg. For us the pork is either chilled or frozen, you know, for hygiene reasons (forgot already? after the influenza outbreak?). For them it's fresh from the farm.

Every type of white/red meat will have a stench. We import a lot of meat so they are mostly chilled or frozen to make their journey here. This takes away the freshness and the smell. 

Same thing as fish. If you have been to some fish restaurant along the coast in M'sia where they serve fresh seafood the fish the crab meat just melt away in your mouth. Here the frozen fish taste different or just bland with some rubbery texture. LoL...

Why the mac beef burger patty taste so bland with no beef taste? Next time you order a beef burger remove every bun pickle vege ketchup mustard, See what the beef patty taste like.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3