2020 Mitsubishi Lancer

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

This thread is curated from this youtube channel.

image.thumb.png.0f87ea7c67522247d5c7a00de1dc79b0.png

This is the 2020 Grand Lancer.

image.thumb.png.3065fd2ef49174535a0eb68797ad3891.png

This is the front view of the Grand Lancer, the design cue does have a bit of Triton in it. 🤔 But it is definitely a whole new take from the past Lancer outlook that hasn't been a refresh for the longest time. 

image.thumb.png.5bf9012554d5e318961f514b762ef8d2.png

I sure like the side profile of the new Grand Lancer, the line from the front A-pillar to the driver door does make the car sportier. I just hope that the vent is real! So that there is some performance purpose for the holes.

image.thumb.png.84c5c877fa3e40324e921eaa136c0cf3.png

The rear view of the car is nicely shaped too. The boot has a little duck tail the looks sportier. And I also like the rear bumper the way it has vents. The c shape LED lights to seem to have taken a lot of re-iterations from the recent Civic and Impreza. Nothing much to fanfare about it. 

image.png

A closer view of the Rear LED Light.

image.png

Here's a look on the front DRL.  A bit like golf thou IMHO.

image.png

Okay. To the interior. This youtube channel is from Taiwan, so is LHD. I like the ipad style centre display! The steering wheel looks very minimalistic!

image.png

image.png

A full LCD display and a nice pedal shifter. 🙂

image.thumb.png.d4f64720394894f5421ea09de9ed7f1f.pngimage.png

You can do different configuration on the smart display too! How cool is this!

image.png

This is by far the favourite for this car. A tesla-like infotainment system!

image.png

Just look at the size of the screen! OMG! This is so damn good for displaying a map.

image.png

Reverse mode.

image.png

Let's come to the back, the centre trunk is quite protruded, so maybe for a long-distance drive, best is to just sit 4 paxs.

image.png

Look very spacious~!

image.png

Here's the car key.

image.png

The boot opening is very practical. I think is big enough for all barang barang.

image.png

The wheels are fitted on 16" 5 spokes alloy rims with Bridgestone Turanza T001, A very highly recommended touring tyres for those who want comfort and minimum road noises. I will highly recommend Turanza! 

Okay. That's all for now! Enjoy!

image.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Unfortunately (or fortunately), this Grand Lancer, which is a >12 year old model under the skin) is Taiwan Domestic Model, which is not available in other part of the world. 🙃

• Praise 9

Internal Moderator
Just now, Carbon82 said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately), this Grand Lancer, which is a >12 year old model under the skin) is Taiwan Domestic Model, which is not available in other part of the world. 🙃

Oh. hahaha. Grand Lancer is also AKA Gallant right?

I find this design quite nice leh. Don't you think so?

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. hahaha. Grand Lancer is also AKA Gallant right?

I find this design quite nice leh. Don't you think so?

Nope, Grand Lancer is based on the last generation Lancer Ex. 

img_glx_01.png

BTW, this model is also known as Galant Fortis in some countries. 

2007-32631-mitsubishi-galant-fortis-japa

• Praise 9

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, Soya said:

Forget abt this old Lancer....the beedeo host hair sibei stylo mylo sia

Hahah. His youtube channel has quite a number of views. Don't play play.

17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahah. His youtube channel has quite a number of views. Don't play play.

Imagine if your SE look liddat....

• Haha! 2

Si beh ugly... it looked like the designer started with the front of the car then lost interest halfway through and did a shabby job for the rear. The whole car resembles the cheap and chaotic Chinese makes of the 90s. 

• Haha! 1

Guys, help me please with my Lancer issue.

I'm starting to look at evo x exhaust systems for my 2013 GSR. Just like the title says though, I don't want my Evo to sound like a g' damn lawnmower, which IMO 95% of the systems out there sound like one. Any suggestions on a slightly quiet, smooth, slightly 'exotic' sounding exhaust?
Pre-reqs are no huge cannon mufflers, no lawnmower sounding crap, lighter than stock, single or dual exit, preferably rolled tips but that's not a deal-breaker if they're not, and most importantly sexy-sounding!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Both the design of lancer and his haircut require a lot of improvement work. 😀

Edited by Ct3833

Yes, this is basically a facelifted body style from the previous Lancer which is more than 10 years old. Looks wise, I still prefer the style we had before it was taken off from the selling list. I remembered seeing on in 2016 Motorshow? Felt that the interior build doesn't feel like yesteryears of Lancers, it feels thin and cheap.

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, dont_mess_with said:

Guys, help me please with my Lancer issue.

I'm starting to look at evo x exhaust systems for my 2013 GSR. Just like the title says though, I don't want my Evo to sound like a g' damn lawnmower, which IMO 95% of the systems out there sound like one. Any suggestions on a slightly quiet, smooth, slightly 'exotic' sounding exhaust?
Pre-reqs are no huge cannon mufflers, no lawnmower sounding crap, lighter than stock, single or dual exit, preferably rolled tips but that's not a deal-breaker if they're not, and most importantly sexy-sounding!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

is ur engine the 2.0L variant? if not, then don't go with the evo exhaust. you will lose alot of power from it. if you want to be more stealth, then just fix a silencer. it will reduce the exhaust note.

↡ Advertisement