Ho Ching wants everyone to own a HDB flat

Sx4falcon

31 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Maybe she wanted to stay in HDB but due to security reason, not possible la. Lol. You see what happened to our dear president? [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Now that we have stabilised the HDB housing supply, we can perhaps add a premium to the posted HDB price for new builds, based on some percentage of the income above the current ceiling,” she suggested.

“That way, everybody who doesn’t already own a property can benefit from the opportunity to own and live in HDB regardless of income levels,” added Mdm Ho.

Sounds another plan to make more money for HDB, and if this work, next maybe COE ? 

• Praise 4

ideas from oppo = rubbish

ideas not from oppo = *ahem*

isn’t oppo advocate that every sporean should be eligible to buy the first HDB!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, RadX said:

How come she hv voice In policies ah?

sometimes I get this funny feeling you know the answer BUT .... you just trying to troll me to get me in trouble

OK OK I try:

1. trying to portray a caring "first lady"

2. lend credence to family nucleus since the sibling saga which some feel she has a hand in it

3. preparation for "job" after next GE when hubby steps down

4. obviously preparation / prelude for GE

5. HK saga, learning from them that housing for the younger generation is a hot button issue

6. Temasek just become majority stake holder in Kep Corp. Not surprising the move may be do with Temasek want a piece of the HDB pie too.

7. its like PAP is government and government is PAP, so it is assume HC is government and government is HC

8. don't know how to die, never ask undertaker permission to speak like that, I pray for her

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

election lai liao .....

my opinion only 

why such “suggestion” was not made last year ... last last year

is it last 2 years got abundance of land to build private property and low demand? just asking ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Wt_know said:

hearsay, PRESIDENT also live in HDB ... but no more liao ... lol

Permanent Resident lives in HDB can declare as PResident boh? 

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

election lai liao .....

my opinion only 

why such “suggestion” was not made last year ... last last year

is it last 2 years got abundance of land to build private property and low demand? just asking ... 

Last year pushed additional CM to hold the demand. Previous year HDB haven't built enough to do this offer - may prematurely push demand for HDBs and exacerbate the demand last year. In any case, it is not a real offer yet. Its a soft measure, just like the one below that urges people to hold on if not urgent. 2025 why need to announce today? 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/bishan-could-get-1500-new-bto-flats-by-2025

Two years ago, private property supply was beginning to taper off. 2019 to 2020, we should really feel the difference in supply. 

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 3

6 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

Wah like that also can. 

Then latera can buy HDB and keep Private property? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1