over 40s... if you were retrenched tomorrow...

Karoon

10 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

In the event if a person is out of job for a few months, what would be the best way to fill his child’s form describing the father’s job status.? “Unemployed” doesn’t sound too nice, is there a better word to fill the form?

Just put taking a sabbatical.

In Singapore people always pretend to be smart. 

Either they know and don't need to ask or dont know and don't want to appear stupid and also won't ask. 

:D

↡ Advertisement

By the way nothing to be ashamed of getting retrenched. 

All my colleagues have been chopped many times. 

It's very nornal because of shorter product lifecycles and boom bust economy. 

22 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

Actually there are alot of jobs in the market, i tell you.  Its only whether you are interested to do or not 

I talk to many company HRs and biz owners.  The common complaint i hear is they CANNOT find local Singaporeans in the job applications.  Why?  

Here we all complain, retrench, no job to do blah blah.  On the other hand, many HR is saying they cannot find local Singaporean to do the job. 

Someone not telling the truth right?  

I also post job listing and waiting to receive CVs.  And i also got the same problem.  No local singaporean application.  What's wrong with our people? 

And these job vacanies are not cleaners, table wipers, construction workers, rubbish truck drivers.  These are v comfortable office jobs or sales jobs. 

I also wonder why there seems to be a mismatch. I don't believe HR n biz owners are lying but neither do I believe that workers are lying as well. My take is that there are issues on both sides n hence the mismatch.

Workers may not have the required skill set, not keen on retraining, fussy and insistent on doing what they are comfortable with are part of the issues from workers side.

Employers not keen on hiring older workers, not willing to pay the going rate as they compare with what an FT is asking etc is the issue from employers side. I think there are other issues but this shld be about the gist of it and unless both parties willing to meet in the middle, there could be no end to this mismatch, just my 2 cents........

• Praise 5

Twincharged
18 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

In the event if a person is out of job for a few months, what would be the best way to fill his child’s form describing the father’s job status.? “Unemployed” doesn’t sound too nice, is there a better word to fill the form?

private investor.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Spring said:

I also wonder why there seems to be a mismatch. I don't believe HR n biz owners are lying but neither do I believe that workers are lying as well. My take is that there are issues on both sides n hence the mismatch.

Workers may not have the required skill set, not keen on retraining, fussy and insistent on doing what they are comfortable with are part of the issues from workers side.

Employers not keen on hiring older workers, not willing to pay the going rate as they compare with what an FT is asking etc is the issue from employers side. I think there are other issues but this shld be about the gist of it and unless both parties willing to meet in the middle, there could be no end to this mismatch, just my 2 cents........

the problem is not a mismatch.

They don't even apply for the job.  No submission of CV.  Nothing.  How would the company try hiring when no one is applying? 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

You the best!!  

The thing u mentioned about age discrimination is not entirely true, bro,

I'm past 40 and i just change job (higher level) one month ago! 

No leh. I feel so leh. I applied for all the low level jobs in Gov Stat Board, all unsuccessful, NEA, ex-AVA, PUB and MPA. Catch dog to assistant engineer in reservoir to assistant engineer in maritime. These $2-3k per month job only also kena rejected and these are only Singaporeans & PR can apply.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Financial Planner

Lack of Finances Division

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Self employed? Freelance? In between jobs?

entrepreneur

+ Age discrimination is super real. Jjust because you didn't experience it dun mean it dun exist. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I guess so; once market becomes saturated and matured  the hirer's become smarter/greedy and need quick profit margins now and start screwing the market so always need new players to come in , apparently Gojek prices are not also attractive too, wonder consumers use them much??      

These companies need to make money. In order to do so, they have to cut down on driver incentives. Drivers cannot just survive on fares alone. Those who never drive for these companies will never know. 

When incentives are cut, drivers suffer. Every now and then someone will babble drive for grab etc lah......Do these people even know how bad the ride hailing industry is for drivers nowadays? 

Yah lah Singapore are so lazy. 

So many jobs they don't want to do. 

Sell insurance, sell property inCanada, sell investment plans. 

Look so hard also cannot find Singaporeans to do. 

These are some of the stupid things I always hear.

5 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

He sup from Maxi-Cash and gambling dens one.... :we-all-gonna-die:

Resold them for a small profits .. :secret-laugh: 

Cannot lah.  You try to sup from maxicash and see if sustainable or not

• Haha! 1

I am also expending my business and looking for male massage therapists. 

Only Singaporeans need apply. 

Age must be 21 and above. 

2 days off per week. 

Salary 10k and above mostly in the form of tips so no need to declare to someone if don't want. 

Must be prepared to massage professional models and listen to their bitchy gossip about who slept with who lah,  what position they do lah. Who cannot stand properly after the session lah. That sort of thing. 

PM me if anyone interested. 

Must be willing to service only male customers and customer service is very important so must be willing to bend over backwards to satisfy customers. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

See lah see lah. 

I advertise 10k job also no one pm me. 

Singapore all so lazy one. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

entrepreneur

+ Age discrimination is super real. Jjust because you didn't experience it dun mean it dun exist. 

its true, someone i know in the hiring line also said the same.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Just put taking a sabbatical.

In Singapore people always pretend to be smart. 

Either they know and don't need to ask or dont know and don't want to appear stupid and also won't ask. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1