over 40s... if you were retrenched tomorrow...

Karoon

11 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yalor ....

Anyway Changi Airport coming T5 recuiting janitors....  :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

T5, T5 won't be ready in 10 yrs down the road, What talking you . . .[;)]

↡ Advertisement

44 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

But in reality most take 20 year loans which would clear only around 50 +( assuming they got married at 30) and using CPF to finance part of loan   , Singaporeans like or lust to be asset rich ,  chasing the 3C’s dream as entitlement and but finally .....Cash poor 

I still left 19 years loan... by the time I clear it maybe I’m already 60 int he usual route. I took the loan late in my late 30s.started with 27 years loan 6 years ago.. jin hectic being a blue collar worker trying to make ends meet.

Agreed with others like Davidtch property Loan should be cleared asap especially for the one that the family is staying in.. else will be stressful. Personally I’m trying to clear the loan by 2021.. else Sibei stress about losing job

Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Good idea ! ☺️ 

Yes with your ambisextrous undertable  hand wiping skills , you are undisputed  #1😂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Same here..I lost job in 2015, and then again in 2019....all the while I applied for junior positions within civil service @careers.gov but 一个有屁都没有.

I applied for librarian at NLB...curator at Nat Heritage Board etc..even a debt officer at MinLaw...all no news...despite being a true blue [laugh]..xibeh disheartening

You know why you were not selected ? simply all these job were taken over by female Singaporean ( literally Auntie ) like your age, I know coz some of them applied and kick U out. Some job as security or female ICA officer/s is required to perform check on female passengers etc places like cruise centres, Sea of port centre and immigration custom officer/s, Aetos and Auxillary officers are being filled up by Malaysian. as Sillyporean shunned this job.

wah... why this thread people advocate pay off housing debts asap har?

on the other hand in the property threads, all the gurus say must take high leverage and buy multiple properties.  negative cash flow also never mind... treat as forced savings

peasant jin confused leh 🤷‍♂🤐

😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

Career @ gov  ,  EAP  WSG  , TOUCH etc all those craps most of the time are BS. 

😄

Dont be dishearten bro , this year is really tough so it is norm harder to get a job. 

Curator unless ur ang mo si beh slang one ... 😜 whats ur profession previously ?

Im a living example of someone willing to accept a big pay cut but no one wants 🧐

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

9 hours ago, Albeniz said:

In the event if a person is out of job for a few months, what would be the best way to fill his child’s form describing the father’s job status.? “Unemployed” doesn’t sound too nice, is there a better word to fill the form?

Liang Di Guan ... Cantonese Leong Ted Koon 

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Cannot lah.  You try to sup from maxicash and see if sustainable or not

very true...maxi and value and max or kill ppl put fire one 

impossible to make money

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

On hindsight, yes u r right cos I had played tennis with 2 MCFers albeit not anymore who definitely earned more than $30k. One had his own business whilst the other was an ex oil trader. They don’t post regularly hence forgotten about them. 

That said, I’m not ignorant to know that unfortunately u r not one of the $30k earners. No hard feelings friend cos I’m also the same 😉

I confirm not.  Chop and stamp.

how can i possibly be.  I still have to sell my personal Rolexes to survive.

everyone in here knows that i earned $4.7k per month before i was retrenched.  Now i earn zilch.

but that doesnt change the fact that plenty in here make $30k a month at least.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

very true...maxi and value and max or kill ppl put fire one 

impossible to make money

Thats how they make money.

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Im a living example of someone willing to accept a big pay cut but no one wants 🧐

Bro, you in the Brotherhood meh?

Edited by Throttle2

1 hour ago, Enye said:

on the other hand in the property threads, all the gurus say must take high leverage and buy multiple properties.  negative cash flow also never mind... treat as forced savings

😅

见机行事,见人说人话 见鬼说鬼话

but High leverage etc for those rich rich folks or younger folks think that way 

when I’m my 30s.. I agree to leverage leverage leverage.. 10 years later balls shrink.. gut also shrink.. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Bro, you in the Brotherhood meh?

Found something back in july...now undergoing 6 mths probation.  If still in limbo...consperm chua sai to the max..😅

• Praise 3

36 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Found something back in july...now undergoing 6 mths probation.  If still in limbo...consperm chua sai to the max..😅

Well done.

No $30k also got at least $20k per month

11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Well done.

No $30k also got at least $20k per month

I dun think so. I not high SES type. But i have learnt from these episodes. Now my desk is super lean with not much items. Gone are the days i will decorate my workspace with photos, figurines etc. Now my work desk is free from clutter. So if the day comes for me to leave, i just leave.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Enye said:

😅

I also prefer pay off the housing debt, which I have, thanks to both my wifey and me contributing. This is the single biggest debt that keeps us shackled to our jobs and toe the line.

But some people advocate holding this loan as long as allowed. Reason is the low interest and morbid idea that if one spouse dies, the loan auto wipe out - not sure but they figure it's a "win"?

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Kyrios said:

I dun think so. I not high SES type. But i have learnt from these episodes. Now my desk is super lean with not much items. Gone are the days i will decorate my workspace with photos, figurines etc. Now my work desk is free from clutter. So if the day comes for me to leave, i just leave.

Ya man.. no loyalty both end now.

My desk oso clean clean kim kim koo koo like my car 🤣

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Enye said:

😅

I paid off my housing liao.  Since it's only cpf pay off faster then build up special account with more interest.

Multiple properties?  My friend did it - second property for investment and kind of regretted it cos the rental from the second property while it could cover the monthly installments of the second property, its stressful cos tenancy is not guaranteed.   And he sank most of his money into the down payment for second property so yea it is stressful actually.

↡ Advertisement