over 40s... if you were retrenched tomorrow...

Karoon

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

This article indeed paint a very nice picture that fresh local uni grads can get at least $5k or even more when they are only in their mid 20s! This guy not bad la, 24 year old salary already $5-6k, i guess many people 42 year old might not even earn this salary? Or earning such salary but they are already in their 40s liao. If 24 year old already earning $5k, then when he reached 40s, his salary at least $20k liao?

When 40s, Depending if join the right insurance brokerage or property firm. 

↡ Advertisement

It is no laughing matter to be 'displaced' at this kind of age especially when you have reached beyond 45. I used the word 'displaced' instead of entrenched because for the later , you may recieved some package to tie you over till you settle down.

Financially the family will have heavy dependence on this individual. So imagine as citizen you struggle while jobs were given to support foreigner families. So what are you doing in your homeland doing national service?

It has to be Singaporean first. For those that choose not to work, even without FT, there is absolutely nothing the government can help. 

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Oh.....!! 

SS is Sheng Siong!! 

I keep thinking why want to join Secret Societies 😅

Abo then.....wahahaha

If you see me in SS, plse wave and say hello, ok?

Then i can bow to you

6 hours ago, Wt_know said:

@fakenews la !!!!!!! ... 80% of sporeans live in hdb 

ah gong said as long as got hdb ... can retire "song song gao jurong" liao .... 

isn't the retirement plan is auto-pilot liao? [confused]  [laugh] 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Wgdy_dIRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUj849PHxg

But some pubor in PAP said HDB value will depreciate to zero over time. So how?

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Abo then.....wahahaha

If you see me in SS, plse wave and say hello, ok?

Then i can bow to you

Ok ok😅

Not bow lah, maybe last time SOGO bow? 

Sheng Siong: All For You

The hand sign is

Right hand tap left shoulder then point to the front with the right hand fully out stretch. 

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

From the research

Why am i not surprised leh?

muayhahaha

but they didnt mention about people who keep many Rolexes sure can retire leh

39F8DFAC-8B18-460B-BF55-2CAD970457C6.jpeg

F9D50608-E3BC-4AF6-B503-9BBDC5C63D58.jpeg

This research like waste time only telling people what is obvious.

So obviously if don't want to be "sandwiched" then make sure one piece of bread is not added, i.e. young children.

And living in rental homes simply means more CPF saved up , and so more ready for retirement. Obvious. But whether it's practical or not to keep renting till old age, is left unspoken. Maybe continue renting ... in Malaysia!

18 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Oh.....!! 

SS is Sheng Siong!! 

I keep thinking why want to join Secret Societies 😅

maybe he big boss in some loan shark org 🤧

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

This research like waste time only telling people what is obvious.

So obviously if don't want to be "sandwiched" then make sure one piece of bread is not added, i.e. young children.

And living in rental homes simply means more CPF saved up , and so more ready for retirement. Obvious. But whether it's practical or not to keep renting till old age, is left unspoken. Maybe continue renting ... in Malaysia!

That may not be obvious to many who are counting on their HDB (sole property) for retirement.

10 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

That may not be obvious to many who are counting on their HDB (sole property) for retirement.

How to rely on HDB for retirement? Can't sell it off because still need a roof over the head.

Though now the way out seems to be to "downgrade", i.e. seniors buy an old folks flat that come with shorter leases, while selling off their present fully paid up flat, and this releases some part of the locked-in funds

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

How to rely on HDB for retirement? Can't sell it off because still need a roof over the head.

Though now the way out seems to be to "downgrade", i.e. seniors buy an old folks flat that come with shorter leases, while selling off their present fully paid up flat, and this releases some part of the locked-in funds

how bout not pricing housing so ridiculously in the first place.

then peoples cpf wont be emptied out.

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Got hdb monetization scheme leh. 

Can unlock a lot of money i heard.

we are saved!

46 minutes ago, Playtime said:

how bout not pricing housing so ridiculously in the first place.

then peoples cpf wont be emptied out.

Cannot.....

if i dont wipe your cpf out, how will you be my slave for life?

you tell me

Muayhahahahahah

• Haha! 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, Scion said:

i love these kind of reporting.... so that many fresh grads think they can command 5-6k and wait for someone to offer them that amount.... wait and wait until cows come home 😂😂

Yeah, I wonder if it's really possible.

20+ years ago , fresh programmers from Uni asking SGD$2.2K, now can hit $5K? :nosepick:

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Got hdb monetization scheme leh. 

Can unlock a lot of money i heard.

we are saved!

Also not confirmed yet.. They announce like never announce like that.. Vaguely talk about the scheme just to placate some critics for now.

11 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, I wonder if it's really possible.

20+ years ago , fresh programmers from Uni asking SGD$2.2K, now can hit $5K? :nosepick:

Can.

↡ Advertisement