over 40s... if you were retrenched tomorrow...

Karoon

41 minutes ago, Solar said:

It's time to reassess her life, career and do wherever she wants but not able to during employment.

Hope she doesn't have loans to service..

My workplace also.. In Dec..

when no certainty on any new job always tricky..

Not say loan but commitment to her family loh.. 

when I was retrenched 12 years back also scary.. got the retrenchment compensation but dare not anyhow spend.. lunch is just instant noodles. Lucky my home loan still payable via CPF till almost dry up then heng got a job,

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

1 : 1

With or without limit? It is quite commme for companies to cap at 6 months max pay out in sgp. Some are worse, they pay only 2 weeks for every year of service , though also max max at 6 months pay out, meaning one has to work for 12 years to get 6 months.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

when I was retrenched 12 years back also scary.. got the retrenchment compensation but dare not anyhow spend.. lunch is just instant noodles. Lucky my home loan still payable via CPF till almost dry up then heng got a job,

Actually, happen to me also.. I'm in the Dec batch in my company. They are retrenching people every month 🙄

Good thing I don't have loan commitment.. only the kids to take care of.. We are cutting down on their enrichment classes..

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Your CPF can tahan how many mths?

24 minutes ago, Solar said:

Actually, happen to me also.. I'm in the Dec batch in my company. They are retrenching people every month 🙄

Good thing I don't have loan commitment.. only the kids to take care of.. We are cutting down on their enrichment classes..

eeeks. which industry ah? Actually kids don't need enrichment classes la. My girl is 4 - promised myself she won't go for enrichment...

4 hours ago, Solar said:

Welcome to the brotherhood.

just make sure that you compensate by getting stronger and staying healthier.

• Praise 4

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

With or without limit? It is quite commme for companies to cap at 6 months max pay out in sgp. Some are worse, they pay only 2 weeks for every year of service , though also max max at 6 months pay out, meaning one has to work for 12 years to get 6 months.

Din ask too much.. 

6 hours ago, Solar said:

Ya need to adjust abit here and there BUT such thing will pass.. a better career path could be in your way.. I always believed "Things happen for a reason"

6 hours ago, Kusje said:

Your CPF can tahan how many mths?

2 years 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Solar said:

It's time to reassess her life, career and do wherever she wants but not able to during employment.

Hope she doesn't have loans to service..

My workplace also.. In Dec..

quite shitty of the company to retrench during year end festival period....

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Scion said:

Could be due to their Financial Year closing? All want their book to look good where it is actually bad.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

me too was retrenched during the 2008/09 Global Recession (hint- printer MNC)

left the sector and never looked back

last i heard, they retrenched again in 2015 and this year

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

2 years 

wah. 2 years still almost cannot tahan.

56 minutes ago, Scion said:

save on 13th mth bonus :grin:

31 minutes ago, Scion said:

after that you joined another printer company. print money one!~

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
48 minutes ago, Scion said:

Yes.. I'm also from printer MNC.. It's actually part and parcel.

Lately they also talk about acquisition with another... More jobs are expected to go...

The games those big boys play that affects the livelihood of the others 👎

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Welcome to the brotherhood.

just make sure that you compensate by getting stronger and staying healthier.

Thanks bro. Honestly, it's an opportunity for a timeout to recuperate.. my health issue and catch up on stuff I've never been able to focus on in the past..

Just signed up yoga lesson last week. Hopefully that class isn't full of old aunties 🤪

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Solar said:

Thanks bro. Honestly, it's an opportunity for a timeout to recuperate.. my health issue and catch up on stuff I've never been able to focus on in the past..

Just signed up yoga lesson last week. Hopefully that class isn't full of old aunties 🤪

highly likely because you are not working and choosing the slots that only retired aunties or MILF taitais can afford to attend.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Kusje said:

highly likely because you are not working and choosing the slots that only retired aunties or MILF taitais can afford to attend.

Hopefully not... Maybe 小姐姐 from Uni? 😂😂

↡ Advertisement