over 40s... if you were retrenched tomorrow...

Karoon

On 2/20/2020 at 10:30 AM, denser said:

no car but property

certain days each month, deduct pay

It is better to accept a lower pay now to help the company to tie over the situation  than to lose a job completely, hang in there and hopefully situation could improve quickly. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Just now, Ct3833 said:

It is better to accept a lower pay now to help the company to tie over the situation  than to lose a job completely, hang in there and hopefully situation could improve quickly. 

but u know.. some are selfish thinking loh.. even now boss ask my colleague to clear leave they refused saying they already got plan.. tiu them loh..

hope these got the chop

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Do government sector ever do retrenchment , pay cut?

Nowadays many on contract schemes especially in stat boards. So no need retrenchment. Just don't renew contract.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Can join pap IB after you are retrenched. There are many here and HWZ. Not sure how much they are paid and their benefits but you will be well taken care of. Probably can't buy a G30 though, and have to make do with other makes if you promote fast enough.

Can meh here  ?? how to join ?? I oni want the $$ maybe i can oso own a PP 🤣🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

35 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Nowadays many on contract schemes especially in stat boards. So no need retrenchment. Just don't renew contract.

True, many companies even those big companies common to offer contract job as short as 6 months only. Then they assess your performance and see if they want to renew your contract, rather than hire you as full time basis, and if you cannot make it, they cannot get rid of you. Lol.

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Do government sector ever do retrenchment , pay cut?

Yup as Sosaria said... But you know what, the bigger irony is that those good performers tend to go faster... Those lousy performers but loyal and suck up to their boss tend to be more secure. 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

but u know.. some are selfish thinking loh.. even now boss ask my colleague to clear leave they refused saying they already got plan.. tiu them loh..

hope these got the chop

haha, they got plan then boss also got plan lor 

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Tjkbeluga said:

Yup as Sosaria said... But you know what, the bigger irony is that those good performers tend to go faster... Those lousy performers but loyal and suck up to their boss tend to be more secure. 

Yes that happens. Especially when the boss is lousy

• Praise 1

On 2/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Enye said:

wah tiagong banks starting to recall risky loans

if business doesnt recover soon.....then 😬

no spread fear...

🤣

It is not in their interest to do that esp when recession is not expected to be protracted. Banks are likely to offer interest repayment arrangement while principle loan is deferred. 

• Praise 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:17 PM, BanCoe said:

Can meh here  ?? how to join ?? I oni want the $$ maybe i can oso own a PP 🤣🤣

wah say.. new side line.. nice.. 

• Haha! 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:46 PM, 13177 said:

True, many companies even those big companies common to offer contract job as short as 6 months only. Then they assess your performance and see if they want to renew your contract, rather than hire you as full time basis, and if you cannot make it, they cannot get rid of you. Lol.

So contract such as 6 months counted as jobless or employed? So if you found a 6 months and rest for a year, depending on when they did the survey, employment record very good right? Can one plan if you are constantly on 6 months contract? That is one of the big problem today many employees are facing. No comfort of a secured permanent job. 

45 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

So contract such as 6 months counted as jobless or employed? So if you found a 6 months and rest for a year, depending on when they did the survey, employment record very good right? Can one plan if you are constantly on 6 months contract? That is one of the big problem today many employees are facing. No comfort of a secured permanent job. 

If people are looking for a long term job, 6 months contract indeed no good. Unless the person is looking for short term job only, then such contract job is suitable for them la. But i also wonder how come companies would offer such 6 months contract job? 

On 2/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, Weez911 said:

Can join pap IB after you are retrenched. There are many here and HWZ. Not sure how much they are paid and their benefits but you will be well taken care of. Probably can't buy a G30 though, and have to make do with other makes if you promote fast enough.

Heard they get paid in the form of NTUC Fairprice vouchers. True?

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If people are looking for a long term job, 6 months contract indeed no good. Unless the person is looking for short term job only, then such contract job is suitable for them la. But i also wonder how come companies would offer such 6 months contract job? 

1-2 mths just getting know the company SOP 

3-4 mths output is at 60%

5-6 mths output is at 100% ... then leave liao ... lol

unless the 6 months job is hired to take temperature ... output is 100% from 1st min hired ... lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2