over 40s... if you were retrenched tomorrow...

Karoon

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Retrenched nevermind but dont be a hooligan, its too common already lah

waiting for FT to snatch that role..🙄

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

Actually there are alot of jobs in the market, i tell you.  Its only whether you are interested to do or not 

I talk to many company HRs and biz owners.  The common complaint i hear is they CANNOT find local Singaporeans in the job applications.  Why?  

Here we all complain, retrench, no job to do blah blah.  On the other hand, many HR is saying they cannot find local Singaporean to do the job. 

Someone not telling the truth right?  

I also post job listing and waiting to receive CVs.  And i also got the same problem.  No local singaporean application.  What's wrong with our people? 

And these job vacanies are not cleaners, table wipers, construction workers, rubbish truck drivers.  These are v comfortable office jobs or sales jobs. 

bro, no $7.5K no talk ... what's your offer

hearsay, simi plant operation manager $10K also cannot find local sporean leh

else how to buy $1M HDB and $2.5M condo? right?

Just now, Wt_know said:

If no 7.5k no talk, then we all know the root of the problem.  And don't blame FT from taking up the jobs.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

Did they say how old  should their ideal Singaporean candidates should be?

Some companies would not want to employ people who are more than a certain age for a variety of reasons. Hard truth.

In the event if a person is out of job for a few months, what would be the best way to fill his child’s form describing the father’s job status.? “Unemployed” doesn’t sound too nice, is there a better word to fill the form?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

In the event if a person is out of job for a few months, what would be the best way to fill his child’s form describing the father’s job status.? “Unemployed” doesn’t sound too nice, is there a better word to fill the form?

Self employed? Freelance? In between jobs?

5 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Ever consider PMD ... [sly]

Cheaper then 2nd hand car ... :secret-laugh:

If worse comes to worse.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

SAHD

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Anyone looking for part time sex education tutor can pm. 

:D

I can recommend a qualified ex biology teacher. 

Not me lah. I no qualified I only practical experience. 

First lesson free?

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

Actually there are alot of jobs in the market, i tell you.  Its only whether you are interested to do or not 

I talk to many company HRs and biz owners.  The common complaint i hear is they CANNOT find local Singaporeans in the job applications.  Why?  

Here we all complain, retrench, no job to do blah blah.  On the other hand, many HR is saying they cannot find local Singaporean to do the job. 

Someone not telling the truth right?  

I also post job listing and waiting to receive CVs.  And i also got the same problem.  No local singaporean application.  What's wrong with our people? 

And these job vacanies are not cleaners, table wipers, construction workers, rubbish truck drivers.  These are v comfortable office jobs or sales jobs. 

No leh. I beg to differ. I feel that it is the company that is choosy, to us over 40's. I replied to job offers but most companies and especially Gov Stat Board prefer younger candidates. Over 40, most company dont want you. It is not whether Singaporean or not but rather age discrimination.

I am currently not working. Fried my boss cuttlefish. :XD:

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I fill in jobless.:XD:

1 minute ago, Adrianli said:

I am currently not working. Fried my boss cuttlefish. :XD:

wah .... please tick the boxes 1-10 for singapore dream list

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

No leh. I beg to differ. I feel that it is the company that is choosy, to us over 40's. I replied to job offers but most companies and especially Gov Stat Board prefer younger candidates. Over 40, most company dont want you. It is not whether Singaporean or not but rather age discrimination.

I am currently not working. Fried my boss cuttlefish:XD:

You the best!!  

The thing u mentioned about age discrimination is not entirely true, bro,

I'm past 40 and i just change job (higher level) one month ago! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1