11.11 and Black Friday Loot 2019

Lala81

10 hours ago, Mustank said:

I have something similar. It's now in my store room. I won't advice anyone to buy.

First of all, you need pressure on your tap line. The video may show it's very powerful, but it's probably rigged with a high pressure pump just for the video.

The Panasonic flosser is much better, although I hardly used now, ever since I got the Philips Sonicare.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

PSA

11.11 vouchers for lazada available already. 9am and 6pm. Use the app to grab..

10% off 50/100 dollar purchases

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

PSA

11.11 vouchers for lazada available already. 9am and 6pm. Use the app to grab..

10% off 50/100 dollar purchases

those vouchers very fast run out one, very kelong 😅

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

those vouchers very fast run out one, very kelong 😅

i collect when the hp clock changes on the dot. I set alarm on my HP.

Sometimes got 20-30 seconds lag though.

Edited by Lala81

7 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Really envy you guys. I can only buy from Lazada, Shopee and Aliexpress.

I don't even look at shopee nowadays. since I bought my wife's phone. Lazada much better discounts. And most retailers market on at least 2 platforms. 

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't even look at shopee nowadays. since I bought my wife's phone. Lazada much better discounts. And most retailers market on at least 2 platforms. 

but surprisingly shopee is the top online retailer in this region. I also find they have limited products and discount not as good. I do buy from there occasionally but mostly those 有的没的 😂 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Shopee have better prices then Lazada.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

looking at the responses in this thread, seem like this year might be a poor year for 11.11 and Black Friday? :D (drawing reference from the COE bidding thread)

16 hours ago, Lala81 said:

just bought a few things from shopee, i find this 11.11 they have more generous vouchers and discount then Qoo & lazada. 

• Praise 1

Time for me to take a look at shopee then. But generally I don't need much staff. Lazada is easy cos can just buy redmart stuff also. 

Potential fire sale for PMD on 11.11.  😁

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/stockpile-e-scooters-brought-singles-day-now-unsellable-say-retailers

Large stockpile of e-scooters brought in for Singles’ Day now ‘unsellable’, say retailers

SINGAPORE — Some had brought in “hundreds of thousands of dollars” worth of electric scooters in preparation for one of the biggest sales events of the year on Singles’ Day (Nov 11), but now these retailers are fearing the worst.

These scooters are compliant with the safety standards introduced by the authorities but could now be “unsellable”, the retailers told TODAY, following the ban on the use of e-scooters on footpaths which kicked in on Tuesday (Nov 5).

PMD Retailers Association of Singapore president Wilson Seng said that retailers had been increasing their stocks of UL2272-certified models — a safety standard that will reduce the risk of fires — after the Land Transport Authority in August brought forward the deadline for users to comply.

Personal-mobility-device (PMD) users have to ensure their devices meet the UL2272 standard by July 1 next year — six months before the original deadline of Jan 1, 2021.

“Retailers are now stuck with all these ready stocks. Who is going to buy now?” Mr Seng, who called the new legislation “untimely”, asked.

Mr Ifrey Lai, 49, managing director of Mobot store, said that he had brought in “S$400,000 worth” of stocks just for the Singles' Day sales.

“In total, we brought in about 3,000 units in preparation for Singles’ Day and Christmas sales, but now these stocks are stuck and are unlikely to be sold,” Mr Lai said.

Mr Jay Jin, 30, general manager of Kernel Scooters, said that he began preparations for Singles’ Day about two months ago.

“We increased our inventory, ordering about 400 more units to cater for the sales event,” he said, adding that he had expected this year’s Singles’ Day sales to be “huge” compared with last year’s.

“We had anticipated even higher sales and brought in more units to cater to those looking to convert to UL2272-certified models, but it seems like it is going to be our worst one yet.”

He had also poured in “thousands of dollars” on marketing collaterals and advertisement listings on Facebook, and e-commerce platforms such as Lazada and Qoo10.

Read also: E-scooter riders take grievances to meet-the-people sessions, others unsure what to do with devices

Most of these stocks are likely to become “worthless” as many customers have begun to “lose faith” in using PMDs, Mr Jin said.

Though e-scooters can still be used on cycling paths and on park connector networks, these are not extensive enough and cannot provide interconnectivity between towns, he said.

Under the new ban, e-scooters will be confined to 440km of cycling paths islandwide, instead of 5,500km of footpaths. Those caught flouting the rules can be fined up to S$2,000, jailed for up to three months, or both.

Mr Jin said: “After the announcement (of the ban), potential customers who had wished to convert to the UL2272-certified models don’t have the intention to do so anymore.

“Those who wanted to use PMDs for food delivery also have no more use for these, because they have to keep dismounting on footpaths and it is not practical.”

Another retailer, Mighty Velo, which sells mostly foldable bicycles, is worried that it might not be able to clear the more than 100 pieces of e-scooters in its inventory.

“We don’t have any idea of what to do with them now,” its co-founder Vivian Yuan said.

SCRAMBLING FOR ALTERNATIVES

The retailers who spoke to TODAY recalled that they had "a rude shock” upon learning about the new rules earlier this week.

“The news came as a surprise and without warning, so we are desperately trying to find alternatives to clear our stock now,” Mr Jin of Kernel Scooters said.

He could potentially start selling bicycles, he added. He is also considering exporting and selling his existing PMD stocks overseas, such as in Malaysia, the Philippines and Indonesia, although he has done little research on those markets.

Mr Lai from Mobot said: “It is not very feasible to sell to neighbouring countries as motorcycles in these countries are already very cheap; there is little demand for e-scooters.”

Mr Lai said that while he contemplated selling e-scooters in the United States, “it would take time for the scooters to be shipped, and it will be winter season by the time the goods arrive there, so there will be little demand”.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/stockpile-e-scooters-brought-singles-day-now-unsellable-say-retailers

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Quite suay. Anticipating people switching to UL2772, then hit by blindside by govt.

Actually a lot of PMD seller caught by surprise ban.

Hearsay LTA told these sellers there are a lot of PMD that will be replaced (as these PMD are not UL2272 compliant) next year.  

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Quite suay. Anticipating people switching to UL2772, then hit by blindside by govt.

Some people would say if PMD users did not anyhow ride recklessly on footpaths and created many accidents, injuries and problems, govt should not implemented the ban. So who is at fault le? -_- Same like those bicycle sharing scheme, due to users do not know how to take care and proper use of the bicycle. Look what happened also.

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Some people would say if PMD users did not anyhow ride recklessly on footpaths and created many accidents, injuries and problems, govt should not implemented the ban. So who is at fault le? -_- Same like those bicycle sharing scheme, due to users do not know how to take care and proper use of the bicycle. Look what happened also.

Yes the density of our cities and the poor/reckless social habits of some people.

I don't blame the govt or what. I'm just saying that this news broke at the worst possible time for these SMEs.

12 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Actually a lot of PMD seller caught by surprise ban.

Hearsay LTA told these sellers there are a lot of PMD that will be replaced (as these PMD are not UL2272 compliant) next year.  

11.11 and Black Friday/Xmas period could be half of the year's profits for most such retailers. 

Really suay for them lah. If this news broke 2-3 months ago, they could have at least cancelled orders.

↡ Advertisement