2020 Mazda MX-30 EV

Carbon82

(edited)
5 hours ago, Alyh8 said:

@Acegab Firstly, in my first post, all I wanted to know is if there are any current owners of this car so we can get in touch to share our experience and feedbacks of this car. 

If you are not an owner of this car, your feedback really holds not much weight as clearly this car does not work for you. 

You have your own opinion of this car and I respect it.  It works for me and I absolutely have no problem with the range and cost of it.

For you to thrash talk and put down this car and my choice of car is just a joke.

Cute getting soo defensive and worked up over a car choice. So insecure then don't buy this model lor

Edited by Acegab
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

44 minutes ago, Alyh8 said:

@Acegab haha, who's the insecure guy here? Attacking other people's choice of car. LOL joker and troll

Which of my comments are not a matter of fact?

Internal Moderator

Let's be adults here. If I wanna buy a MINI Electric with  200km range, so be it. COE is at 100K, let's not worry about the range for those who can still afford to buy a new car. 🥶

• Praise 3

16 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Let's be adults here. If I wanna buy a MINI Electric with  200km range, so be it. COE is at 100K, let's not worry about the range for those who can still afford to buy a new car. 🥶

Exactly 😂 

Mazda AD expected to launch this car Q4 2022. Any future owners, drop me a message and let's get in touch. 

Just collected the car from PI and it is a joy to drive.  Much more refined compared to previous car (Merc GLB) which is expected due to EV nature. The NVH is also very good. 

An odd ball which put 2 most unlikely element together. Mazda's rotary engine was known to be less fuel efficient as compared to conventional gasoline engine, while the ultimate aim of going electric is to reduce GHG emission, so what will be installed for motorist when Mazda decided to marry the 2 (with the rotary engine as a range extender)? Your guess is as good as mine...

Mazda MX-30 R-EV With Rotary Engine Debuts In 2023

AA14nypt.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jp

After years of waiting and rumors, Mazda finally revives the rotary. The MX-30 R-EV with a Wankel engine as a range extender debuts at the Brussels Motor Show on January 13, 2023.

Don't get this confused with a revived RX-7, though. The rotary engine operates at a constant speed to serve as a range extender for recharging the battery. Mazda positions the solution as having the benefits of an electric drivetrain but with the range of a combustion powerplant.

The displacement of the rotary engine in the MX-30 R-EV isn't yet available. It's also not clear whether Mazda would increase the electric motor's output to offset the weight of the additional engine.

In 2020, Mazda said an MX-30 with a rotary range extender was under consideration. The company made the plan official later that year. As of 2021, the automaker intended to offer this variant of the EV in the US.

However, the fuel consumption and exhaust emissions of the rotary remained sticking points throughout the engine's life. These factors were among the reasons why the RX-8, the last Wankel car to date available to customers from Mazda, went away in 2012.

Mazda's engineers never gave up on the rotary, though. We have seen a variety of patents and heard rumors about the Wankel's continued development over the years.

• Praise 4

Tbh Mazda probably invested millions of dollars into developing their inline 6 rotary engine. Ask them to pivot to EV very hard for such a tiny company. Which is probably why they have to do this kind of Frankenstein approach.

1 hour ago, Acegab said:

Tbh Mazda probably invested millions of dollars into developing their inline 6 rotary engine. Ask them to pivot to EV very hard for such a tiny company. Which is probably why they have to do this kind of Frankenstein approach.

What inline 6 rotary? Sounds contradicting. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2