2021 2nd Generation BMW 4 Series (G22 / G26)

Carbon82

The grille too loud for me and comparing with the current 4 series with a sleek grille, it's a monumental difference. Just don't understand why need such a big grille and with the car plate blocking it, means air intake is partially blocked so no advantage having a big grille if that is what the intention was.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

The trick is to use a longer registration plate to "cut" the grille.

Cannot.

It will block ultrasonic sensor.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

The grille too loud for me and comparing with the current 4 series with a sleek grille, it's a monumental difference. Just don't understand why need such a big grille and with the car plate blocking it, means air intake is partially blocked so no advantage having a big grille if that is what the intention was.

So ppl will know "I DRIVE BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Haha! 2

(edited)

I guess they are trying to do this...but somewhere along the way someone in the design committee thinks that proportions aren't important enough. Must make it BIG for the Chinese market!

bmw-503-1956-1959-coupe-exterior-4.jpg

To be fair to BMW, the design language will no doubt mature over a generation or two. It wasn't that long ago that people slag BMW off during the Bangle-era for highly controversial designs. Who knows, beaver-toothed 4 series might become a future classic? People ridiculed the Z3M Coupe aka "Clownshoe" for its weird proportions & design when it first came out, but is now well regarded as a modern classic. 

e319fc981c3798873466aa411c54e19a.jpg

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I guess they are trying to do this...but somewhere along the way someone in the design committee thinks that proportions aren't important enough. Must make it BIG for the Chinese market!

bmw-503-1956-1959-coupe-exterior-4.jpg

To be fair to BMW, the design language will no doubt mature over a generation or two. It wasn't that long ago that people slag BMW off during the Bangle-era for highly controversial designs. Who knows, beaver-toothed 4 series might become a future classic? People ridiculed the Z3M Coupe aka "Clownshoe" for its weird proportions & design when it first came out, but is now well regarded as a modern classic. 

e319fc981c3798873466aa411c54e19a.jpg

Reminds me of the first Audi A6 (C6) with jaw opening grille. Many critics condemn Audi for its ugly design, but many start to follow suite with the big mouth design, Hyundai, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, and the list goes on...

autowp.ru_audi_a6_4.2_quattro_sedan_za-s

OK back to the new 4. More of the leaked brochure.

2021-bmw-4-sERIES-3-copy.jpg

2021-bmw-4-sERIES-4-copy.jpg

• Praise 9

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Reminds me of the first Audi A6 (C6) with jaw opening grille. Many critics condemn Audi for its ugly design, but many start to follow suite with the big mouth design, Hyundai, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, and the list goes on...

autowp.ru_audi_a6_4.2_quattro_sedan_za-s

OK back to the new 4. More of the leaked brochure.

2021-bmw-4-sERIES-3-copy.jpg

2021-bmw-4-sERIES-4-copy.jpg

Yes, Audi is the one which started the big grille trend.  Perhaps this new 4 will look better in black, so as to camo the buck tooth better. It's a pity to me because the rear and sides of this 4 looked pretty coherent and suddenly, they just had to throw in the buck tooth grille. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, Carbon82 said:

bmw-4-series-coupe-spy-shots.jpg

the tomb stone grill looks awesome..

From another look, its like the tablet from the 10 commandments.

That's blasphemy .. I know..

Edited by Sdf4786k

(edited)

Guys, don't force yourself to buy the 440i if you don't like the face. It is not cheap. Spend your 330k elsewhere. 

I prefer the look of the 340i though.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2