2020 Hyundai Grandeur / Azera

Carbon82

14 hours ago, Tianmo said:

when I bought my first sonata in 2002, I almost bought the Azera, but the 3.3L road tax, and the less than 6km/l mileage, together with the SE discouragement stopped me.

If the new one comes, I will seriously consider it this time round...^_^[laugh][laugh]

Big cc Korean, best to buy used. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The main reason why the Azera will be more spacious than the German cars is because it's FWD.  A transverse drivetrain definitely saves a lot of space that goes into the inside.

The distance between the front wheel arch and front door is commonly known as the "prestige gap" .  In a RWD car, and in the interest of FR weight balance, the engine is situation as far back in the engine bay as possible, hence the need for a long nose. 

Having said that this new Azera has a lot of visual appeal, and seems very well-finished. My kind of car. 😁

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 7

Very nice. Its as good as a totally new model already. The whole car has been redesigned. I find it hard to believe its just a facelift. The effort Hyundai put into this car to bring it beyond the competition is amazing. 

If only Hyundai can make this Azera an international offering... 

Crown is a JDM model, not meant to be sold outside Japan. The design and engineering suits the general Japs public, and Crown customers are often people beyond 60 yrs old, the law enforcement, lux taxi and of cos Yazuka.  :D

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Very nice. Its as good as a totally new model already. The whole car has been redesigned. I find it hard to believe its just a facelift. The effort Hyundai put into this car to bring it beyond the competition is amazing. 

If only Hyundai can make this Azera an international offering... 

Crown is a JDM model, not meant to be sold outside Japan. The design and engineering suits the general Japs public, and Crown customers are often people beyond 60 yrs old, the law enforcement, lux taxi and of cos Yazuka.  :D

Are you very sure the Crown is not sold outside Japan?? Or its your own imagination again (and again and again) ??

• Praise 2

58 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Are you very sure the Crown is not sold outside Japan?? Or its your own imagination again (and again and again) ??

Pictures and video tells a thousand words...

maxresdefault.jpg

Toyota-crown-1-3.jpg

For more details, do check out http://www.toyota.com.cn/

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Name me one country where the JDM Crown series is sold as an official import. PI doesnt count

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Pictures and video tells a thousand words...

maxresdefault.jpg

Toyota-crown-1-3.jpg

For more details, do check out http://www.toyota.com.cn/

U guys do know China Crown has nothing to do with JDM ones right? Using the same name doesnt mean its the same car. 

Is Axio or the G12 Corolla the same car as the international market Corolla/Altis?

33 minutes ago, Freeder said:

How many of them are from BM? That only one u see dates back to 2012. And it was the last time when Crown was imported into SG as an official import. 

If u guys count PI ones, then we can say K cars are sold in international markets too. 

11 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Name me one country where the JDM Crown series is sold as an official import. PI doesnt count

I know this is not the latest model, but you never mention which gen, so this shall count.

https://borneomotors.com.sg/asp2/NewsDetails.aspx?ID=68

9 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

U guys do know China Crown has nothing to do with JDM ones right? Using the same name doesnt mean its the same car. 

Is Axio or the G12 Corolla the same car as the international market Corolla/Altis?

As far as I know, the 14th generation Crown (S210) assembled in China was based on the same platform as the Japanese S210, only to have slight differences in outlook and dimension. It also use the same 2.0 L 8AR-FTS I4-T turbo-charged engine as the Japanese Crown, which is currently still in use on the 15th gen JDM Crown (S220).

The G12 Corolla is a different story all together, with a different platform and engines (in some countries).

• Praise 8

@CheefarnApparently you don't understand where you are going wrong.

As @Carbon82 rightly pointed out, the 14th Gen Crown is assembled in China, proving that your statement is wrong.

You do have considerable knowledge of the car world. But you are also very fond of making statements and claims that are not totally correct, but you say it like its the gospel truth. You are also fond of exaggerations and hyperboles. Casual readers of MCF will be grossly misled by you.

Please try to be a little more humble.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

@CheefarnApparently you don't understand where you are going wrong.

You do have considerable knowledge of the car world. But you are also very fond of making statements and claims that are not totally correct, but you say it like its the gospel truth. You are also fond of exaggerations and hyperboles. Casual readers of MCF will be grossly misled by you.

Please try to be a little more humble.

You don't tell me what to do. U are always welcome to counter me with your facts, lacking of which please do not oppose just for the sake of it. 

And since when did I say my views are of the gospel truth? Readers are free to decide for themselves. No one is forcing them to follow what I said. 

However the readers shall soon know who they can benefit more from by following whose view camps. 

10 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

You don't tell me what to do. U are always welcome to counter me with your facts, lacking of which please do not oppose just for the sake of it. 

And since when did I say my views are of the gospel truth? Readers are free to decide for themselves. No one is forcing them to follow what I said. 

However the readers shall soon know who they can benefit more from by following whose view camps. 

💪 👍

👏👏👏