Scam call from 'SingTel' via Viber

Atrecord

On 10/26/2019 at 6:36 AM, Discoburg said:

WAH!!! You still have the app in your phone??? Its still available or its still able to be transferred over from other phones ah???

saw this only now.

the app was transferred over when i changed phones last year leh...

• Praise 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fake-changi-airport-lucky-draw-scam-alert-police-12106160

Deceived by fake Changi Airport lucky draw, scam victims lose S$40,000

SINGAPORE: Scammers have deceived victims into giving away details of their credit card, debit card or bank accounts by saying they had won lucky draws organised by Changi Airport Group (CAG).

In an advisory released on Tuesday (Nov 19), police said victims lost at least S$40,000 to these scammers between July and October this year. There were at least 30 reports of lucky draw scams.

Scammers would make unsolicited calls - sometimes through mobile apps such as Viber - and tell their victims they had won a prize in a lucky draw campaign with a CAG-related name, such as Changi Millionaire.

On top of asking for their card or bank account details, they were also told to provide the one-time password (OTP) sent to their mobile phones, said the Singapore Police Force (SPF).

The victims realised they were cheated after finding that unauthorised transactions had been made on their accounts, SPF added.

Some victims were also asked to purchase iTunes cards and send the accompanying codes to the scammers over the phone.

And in recent cases, scammers made unauthorised top-ups to the victims’ Singtel Dash accounts using their credit card information, before making fraudulent transactions through the said Singtel Dash accounts.

Police warned the public not to give away their OTP to anyone, including family members and friends, and be wary of claims of winning prizes or unusual requests from strangers.

More information on such scams can be found on www.scamalert.sg.

Source: CNA/jt(aj)

Wah... so this was reported in the news recently also... lucky i didn't fall victim to them...

• Praise 2

Just received a call from Singtel Telecom just a while back. I refused to pick up, as I am firstly not a SingTel customer. Haha. Smells like scam all over. Then he called me a second time. Really persistent. I still bochap. No time to play with him. Then I googled and found this thread. Maybe later if call me again, I will play along if I am in the mood 😂

23 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Just received a call from Singtel Telecom just a while back. I refused to pick up, as I am firstly not a SingTel customer. Haha. Smells like scam all over. Then he called me a second time. Really persistent. I still bochap. No time to play with him. Then I googled and found this thread. Maybe later if call me again, I will play along if I am in the mood 😂

maybe just a telemarketer bah ... no need to play lah .. just say not interested loh 

Recently I'm receiving scam calls from "DBS". It's automated and starts speaking in English first and then in Mandarin. I just hang up cos I got nothing to do with this bank. The number displayed is 8483 1674. I call back on the number soon after and got to know it's from M1 and the number is no longer in use.

This is what you get for being No1 in the most expensive city survey. Ppl thought rich dumb fools are everywhere here in Sgp.

23 hours ago, Othello said:

maybe just a telemarketer bah ... no need to play lah .. just say not interested loh 

Confirm plus chop not SingTel telemarketer. Where got people call me on Viber with SingTel logo appearing on my Viber? Too obvious it is a scam 😂

TMD, i just recalled this thread i started in Nov about "SingTel".

Today just before noon, my home phone rang. It was a lady, who said that she is calling from SingTel and that my Internet connection is not from a secured line, and they have received many complaints, so she is calling to help me solve the problem.

Wah got so good one arrh...

Sounded like a CECA lady, and then went on to say that she can show me what's the problem and asked me to go to in front of my computer, and then ask me to look the the screen and tell her what i see... I told her "the screen"! She tot it's a question, and said 'yes' 😆

I act blur and asked her what next, and then she told me look at the bottom left corner of my keyboard and whether I see the 'CTL' key? I told her no, and she couldn't believe it, kept asking 'you don't see the control key??'...😂

Then i told her i use a Mac 🤣 and then there was a momentary silence. Then it dawned on her and she said, you use a Mac, to which i said yes, and she hung up... 🤦‍♂️

Few min later, a guy called, said the same thing... then added that their server shows that I am having problem. I asked him where's the server based, he actually said '31 Exeter Rd'... which is Comcentre address, i figured. I was still thinking how else to tekan him, and then he decided to hang up already...

These people really full of tricks and dun give up... 

• Haha! 3