1.5m condo owner scold security guard

RadX

52 minutes ago, Scion said:

actually the root cause for many social issues is living space, especially when you pump so many people in a small area in a short time

friction between locals and foreigners

conflicts between neighbours

pedestrians vying the walkway with PMDs

joggers vying the PCNs with PMDs

traffic jams, squeezing MRTs

sooner or later, things get boiled over

Remember,  we are going for 10 millions.  I am feeling like living in foreign land. Even HDB is full of foreigners. Wonder why is that so? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

33 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Remember,  we are going for 10 millions.  I am feeling like living in foreign land. Even HDB is full of foreigners. Wonder why is that so? 

True. My BTO project especially. 

Always taking the lift with non-locals. 

• Haha! 2

In light of the latest development, I think even the most ardent of pap IBs will be hard pressed to mount a proper defence...they themselves may be wondering if they ownself kena snook and deceived big time by their masters

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

7 hours ago, Lava said:

the whole issue was not about the $10 payable for overnight parking.

is more about the egoistic and self-esteem in that resident.

most of the condo in Singapore will not allow overnight parking and visitor has to move out their cars by 11pm.

Not true. In most cases, condos allow visitors to park for maximum of 24 hours regardless of being overnight.

Charging for parking in a condo is unheard of and downright silly. Are the condos that practice this, implying that their carpark is open to public as long as the person is willing to pay for it? They will not bother to ensure only  those who visit residents in the condo are allowed to park in the condo visitor parking lots?

If  there are insufficient lots, then parking for visitors could be based on first come first serve and they have to park outside once all the visitor lots are taken up. Collecting parking fees along with the responsibility/accountability can be quite burdensome for the guards, with some of  them possibly wishing they rather put up with an insult once in a while than to go through such an hassle. In my condo, the MC does not allow the guards to collect any monies including wheel clamp fees.

Such silly rules get implemented because of the apathy amongst condo residents. Very few bother to attend AGMs and vote on such proposed by-laws. They only wake up and overreact when they directly get impacted by such by-laws as in this case.

I have been in my condo's management council for more than 10 years  and we hear of at least 3-4 such cases of the security getting threatened and abused every year. Worst for the Managing Agent staff who get abused by residents at least 1-2 times a month. But none of them get reported in social media or get blown up . 

Wonder why?

Edited by Nav14

On 10/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Icemaiden said:

I think Singaporeans should learn to discuss the issue on hand instead of attacking his race or his country and so eagar to get him out of job. while the man was rude, rude itself is not a crime, Sometimes in a moment of anger, we do say stupid things and use some vulgarities. In this case, clearly he was upset with the condo "rule" to charge visitors after 11pm but in the case, the guard appeared to have used his discretion and started collecting money from 10 plus onwards? Frankly, most condos do not have such a rule. If the condo's concern is indiscriminate parking, then the most effective is to wheel clamp.

In short instead of asking security guard to go around collecting money from visitors, just tell the visitors no overnight parking and we will wheel-clamp after a certain time. To be fair, if I drive into a condo and the security guard start insisting I should pay him money for parking and use facilities, I will also question him and wonder could the guard be abusing the system? So for condos who want to charge visitors, please also put the sign outside very clearly. Some condo rules are ridiculous. If the security is afraid of nearby residents parking overnight free and the owner has already come down to explain to you that this person is my friend and visitor for diwali, why is the guard still so insistent on charging? The problem with Singaporeans is we apply rules blindly, and even when in this case, the visitor is the resident's visiting friend, he is treated like someone trying to park overnight for free for a free ride. No owners like to inconvenience their visitors. I know a lot of people are applauding the guard - but I think the guard posting the entire saga together with the residents phone number and unit number is also bad behaviour. So if this condo start charging after 11pm and if the guard start collecting money from 10pm or 9pm onwards based on his own interpretation and discretion - is this acceptable?  I find such rules allowing security to collect money for parking ripe of abuse.

So the trigger for the entire saga is the condo rule for charging visitors and now it becomes an attack on the person's race and country. Yes the person is rude but this has nothing to do with his race or colour. There are many Chinese or even Caucasians that are even more rude and do worse things. Instead of keep attacking him and insist he should be fired, perhaps we should also try to understand where his frustration comes from. Forgive and forget. None of us are perfect.  

I think secretly they want him to be fired then there will be one extra (a bit low paying, only pays for 1.5M condo not 1.5M car) job available in the job bank for Sillyporeans. At least for a few weeks....

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Maybe we all move to Perth will be surrounded by more Singaporeans than in Singapore?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

In light of the latest development, I think even the most ardent of pap IBs will be hard pressed to mount a proper defence...they themselves may be wondering if they ownself kena snook and deceived big time by their masters

Huh?

😅😅😂😂😂 masters? Kena snooked and deceived?

When i enjoy peace, good roof and food, water, safety and shelter? And live within my means? 

Please lah. Every time a FT incident, the entire drama and scripts gets replayed and old records whinning.

U have been saying u moving out of this country for awhile leh. When u really going ah? Want to go, please go lah. Dun drag others along for company. 

Learn from HK and HKers. Democracy is true democracy with majority votes. Not an individual's version like those si gin nas who whack ppl who dun agree with their interpretation of it. 

U may cherish peace and stability vs personal wealth and idea of running a country. Go stand for the bloody election lah. Be a man and put your words into action to help fellow poor things called sinkaporeans in your mind.

😂😂😂🤪btw i hate politics and politicians. All the lot regardless what party.

But i hate empty vessels most. Cos like that housefly that loves to come buzzing around when one sat down to enjoy a simple meal. Must come when there's food, peace and rest. And over dead bodies like predators. 

That's my personal opinion. Dun assume we are stupid and easily swayed by half truths and harping about same old same old. Today its Ramesh, tomo its Tom Dick or Harry. 

Vote who u want. 30% or 70% we are all Singaporeans FIRST. Not which political party one voted for. 

Oftentimes i pity u. What's valuable u throw out as trash. And so proud to call attention to it.

But.

You have every right to vote who u want. I never see Singaporeans as 30% or 70%. 😂😂😂 stupid cos one voted democratically? Why? Only your democracy is true, correct and pure? 

So please dun drag govt in. This episode can happen and has happened to a Singaporean berating another Singaporean security guard with same self entitlement attitude. So? Its fine?

😂😂😂

• Praise 4

11 hours ago, Bacteria83 said:

im not condoning his action, but i think we should be more forgiving. What kind of society and values should we upkeep. His action could be much better, same goes to ours.

Our reaction to this issue only goes to confirm Tommy Koh's conclusion that we are still 3rd world in our behaviour, afterall.

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Nav14 said:

Our reaction to this issue only goes to confirm Tommy Koh's conclusion that we are still 3rd world in our behaviour, afterall.

TK now In Prata business..

F77349EC-4BED-4E08-947E-EF7CAED8F89E.gif

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Huh?

😅😅😂😂😂 masters? Kena snooked and deceived?

When i enjoy peace, good roof and food, water, safety and shelter? And live within my means? 

Please lah. Every time a FT incident, the entire drama and scripts gets replayed and old records whinning.

U have been saying u moving out of this country for awhile leh. When u really going ah? Want to go, please go lah. Dun drag others along for company. 

Learn from HK and HKers. Democracy is true democracy with majority votes. Not an individual's version like those si gin nas who whack ppl who dun agree with their interpretation of it. 

U may cherish peace and stability vs personal wealth and idea of running a country. Go stand for the bloody election lah. Be a man and put your words into action to help fellow poor things called sinkaporeans in your mind.

😂😂😂🤪btw i hate politics and politicians. All the lot regardless what party.

But i hate empty vessels most. Cos like that housefly that loves to come buzzing around when one sat down to enjoy a simple meal. Must come when there's food, peace and rest. And over dead bodies like predators. 

That's my personal opinion. Dun assume we are stupid and easily swayed by half truths and harping about same old same old. Today its Ramesh, tomo its Tom Dick or Harry. 

Vote who u want. 30% or 70% we are all Singaporeans FIRST. Not which political party one voted for. 

Oftentimes i pity u. What's valuable u throw out as trash. And so proud to call attention to it.

But.

You have every right to vote who u want. I never see Singaporeans as 30% or 70%. 😂😂😂 stupid cos one voted democratically? Why? Only your democracy is true, correct and pure? 

So please dun drag govt in. This episode can happen and has happened to a Singaporean berating another Singaporean security guard with same self entitlement attitude. So? Its fine?

😂😂😂

So i managed to draw u out..old friend...pap415..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Nav14 said:

Not true. In most cases, condos allow visitors to park for maximum of 24 hours regardless of being overnight.

Charging for parking in a condo is unheard of and downright silly. Are the condos that practice this, implying that their carpark is open to public as long as the person is willing to pay for it? They will not bother to ensure only  those who visit residents in the condo are allowed to park in the condo visitor parking lots?

If  there are insufficient lots, then parking for visitors could be based on first come first serve and they have to park outside once all the visitor lots are taken up. Collecting parking fees along with the responsibility/accountability can be quite burdensome for the guards, with some of  them possibly wishing they rather put up with an insult once in a while than to go through such an hassle. In my condo, the MC does not allow the guards to collect any monies including wheel clamp fees.

Such silly rules get implemented because of the apathy amongst condo residents. Very few bother to attend AGMs and vote on such proposed by-laws. They only wake up and overreact when they directly get impacted by such by-laws as in this case.

I have been in my condo's management council for more than 10 years  and we hear of at least 3-4 such cases of the security getting threatened and abused every year. Worst for the Managing Agent staff who get abused by residents at least 1-2 times a month. But none of them get reported in social media or get blown up . 

Wonder why?

Because your security guards are not smart enough to post video of such abuse on social media?  

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/police-report-made-over-doxxing-condo-resident-who-verbally-abused-security-guard

SINGAPORE — A police report against online harrassment has been made by a condominium resident who was filmed abusing a security guard in a video that has since gone viral. 

In response to TODAY’s queries, the police confirmed the report has been lodged. A separate police report had been made by the security guard.

In May, Parliament passed amendments to the Protection from Harassment Act, which made it a crime for online vigilantes to publish someone else’s personal information with the intention to harass, threaten or facilitate violence — an act known as doxxing. It is unclear if the amended laws have come into force. 

The video was first posted on Saturday morning. It showed the resident of Eight Riversuites, who identified himself as Ramesh, having a dispute with the security guard over a condominium rule requiring guests who arrive after 11pm to pay for parking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Since then, the video has been reposted and commented upon by many netizens, including some who dug up personal information about the resident, based on his now-defunct LinkedIn profile for example.

Many slammed his behaviour, while others called on his company, JP Morgan, to fire him. A petition urging the multinational investment bank to do so has garnered more than 18,000 signatures as of 10pm on Tuesday.

Read also: MPs call for extension of harassment laws to better protect security guards, as condo video goes viral

Lawyers whom TODAY spoke to noted that to date, there has not been a conviction under the recently-amended laws regarding doxxing. As such, there was some ambiguity over how the new laws would play out, they added.

On whether an offence could potentially be committed by netizens who put up the resident’s personal information, it could boil down to whether it can be proven that they had intended to cause distress or harassment to the resident, the lawyers said.

Mr Nichol Yeo of Solitaire and Mr Joel Ng of Quahe Woo & Palmer said it is irrelevant whether the information was culled from public sources, such as public social media accounts — although Mr Amolat Singh of Amolat and Partners  said that this could be used as a defence.

Mr Ng said that in this case, some of the online comments aimed at the resident could be interpreted as a form of harassment.

The petition to sack him could also constitute intention to cause distress or harassment, said Mr Yeo. He added that the concept of “vigilante justice” contained elements of intention to cause distress or harassment. 

JP Morgan said on Sunday that it is looking into the matter as its employee was purportedly involved.

Read also: The Big Read: The 'invisible' people in a class-conscious society

On Tuesday, an email — signed off by JP Morgan Singapore senior country officer Edmund Lee — was sent to all the staff in the Singapore office.

The internal note, which was seen by TODAY, told the staff that they are “expected to demonstrate the highest standards, including respect and dignity for others, in our behavior and actions inside and outside of the workplace”.

It also reminded the employees that all of them have a “shared responsibility for preserving and building” on the company’s “strong reputation”. The email, however, made no specific reference to the incident or the resident in question, who is understood to be Singaporean.

Mr. Ramesh has no intention of apologizing.

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/police-report-made-over-doxxing-condo-resident-who-verbally-abused-security-guard

SINGAPORE — A police report against online harrassment has been made by a condominium resident who was filmed abusing a security guard in a video that has since gone viral. 

In response to TODAY’s queries, the police confirmed the report has been lodged. A separate police report had been made by the security guard.

In May, Parliament passed amendments to the Protection from Harassment Act, which made it a crime for online vigilantes to publish someone else’s personal information with the intention to harass, threaten or facilitate violence — an act known as doxxing. It is unclear if the amended laws have come into force. 

The video was first posted on Saturday morning. It showed the resident of Eight Riversuites, who identified himself as Ramesh, having a dispute with the security guard over a condominium rule requiring guests who arrive after 11pm to pay for parking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Since then, the video has been reposted and commented upon by many netizens, including some who dug up personal information about the resident, based on his now-defunct LinkedIn profile for example.

Many slammed his behaviour, while others called on his company, JP Morgan, to fire him. A petition urging the multinational investment bank to do so has garnered more than 18,000 signatures as of 10pm on Tuesday.

Read also: MPs call for extension of harassment laws to better protect security guards, as condo video goes viral

Lawyers whom TODAY spoke to noted that to date, there has not been a conviction under the recently-amended laws regarding doxxing. As such, there was some ambiguity over how the new laws would play out, they added.

On whether an offence could potentially be committed by netizens who put up the resident’s personal information, it could boil down to whether it can be proven that they had intended to cause distress or harassment to the resident, the lawyers said.

Mr Nichol Yeo of Solitaire and Mr Joel Ng of Quahe Woo & Palmer said it is irrelevant whether the information was culled from public sources, such as public social media accounts — although Mr Amolat Singh of Amolat and Partners  said that this could be used as a defence.

Mr Ng said that in this case, some of the online comments aimed at the resident could be interpreted as a form of harassment.

The petition to sack him could also constitute intention to cause distress or harassment, said Mr Yeo. He added that the concept of “vigilante justice” contained elements of intention to cause distress or harassment. 

JP Morgan said on Sunday that it is looking into the matter as its employee was purportedly involved.

Read also: The Big Read: The 'invisible' people in a class-conscious society

On Tuesday, an email — signed off by JP Morgan Singapore senior country officer Edmund Lee — was sent to all the staff in the Singapore office.

The internal note, which was seen by TODAY, told the staff that they are “expected to demonstrate the highest standards, including respect and dignity for others, in our behavior and actions inside and outside of the workplace”.

It also reminded the employees that all of them have a “shared responsibility for preserving and building” on the company’s “strong reputation”. The email, however, made no specific reference to the incident or the resident in question, who is understood to be Singaporean.

Mr. Ramesh has no intention of apologizing.

The last sentence.... puts quite a few foots in peoples mouths, the question now would be, if it is accurate, is he newly minted and if so how did he pass the “microscope”

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

So i managed to draw u out..old friend...pap415..

Old friend?

Jialat. Pls lah dun say until u draw me out like u so smart. Any one who reply u like i did,  you will say the same. So much for another empty bottle.

Pap415? Your eyes need urgent checking. See? Whine and kpkb do that to one's health.

😂😂😂 yada-ing

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Freeder said:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10157260256810783&id=190806675782

All these KNNCCB fakers ..

If only Trump is in charge of SGP , all these FTs face immediate deportation..

Fxxk what CECA.. We need Alpha Male ministars..

No wonder our PMETs kanna snooked until jialat jialat.. @Spring @BanCoe @Carbon82 @Angcheek @all 😅😅😅

Oooii!! No anyhow say me got liploma and simi cert... u know me is Preambree 🌲 studi 1 cum make fun

.......now back to topic 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1