1.5m condo owner scold security guard

RadX

58 minutes ago, Ixus75 said:

It is not easy being a hiring manager in IT.  You will receive more than 90% FT CVs and sometimes HR or recruitment agency will tell you can't get Singaporean CV.  This has always puzzled me cos for a junior level kind jobs which pay 5k onward Singaporean not interested.  Where are our poly grads?  All earning big bucks?

All trying to be property agents or financial consultants. 

How else to earn big bucks here in sg? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Chronology of events leading to the closed door apology:

Friday, 25 October - Ramesh Erramalli hurls vulgarities at his condominium’s security guard, resulting in an online fiasco leading to his identification

Tuesday, 29 October (back to work after the Diwali long weekend) – files a Police Report for doxxing

Wednesday, 30 October - Ramesh Erramalli “apologises” in a closed door meeting arranged by the relevant security agency which had earlier condemned the attack

General sentiments - https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/rameshs-apology-staged-6139561-13.html

The exchange on the night of 26 October also does not give the impression that Ramesh Erramalli knows the guard, Steven "quite well". Ramesh still needed to identify himself to Steven during the exchange. *So when I meet my friend, I need to identify myself?  😂😆

If one is sincere in an apology, you do so at the latest the very next day, and not wayang till 5 days later after a huge public outcry.

Entire episode is a PR move gone very wrong with the wrong words used in the public statement - want to lie, please lie with conviction. Or simply engage a PR agency. 

image.thumb.png.243aa6859b899a13406b1f59177eb6b4.png

image.png.e807a0868e7d8dff1824a7f003bba168.png

Wah. So this Gary fellow is talking BS?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ixus75 said:

It is not easy being a hiring manager in IT.  You will receive more than 90% FT CVs and sometimes HR or recruitment agency will tell you can't get Singaporean CV.  This has always puzzled me cos for a junior level kind jobs which pay 5k onward Singaporean not interested.  Where are our poly grads?  All earning big bucks?

because it goes via an Indian subcontractor then they will simply that lowball the pay. You on one hand maybe paying 5K BUT the payroll is via subcontractor, then obviously it won't be 5K to the Singaporean.

Always ask this question when the employee join, "can you tell me what is the pay you are drawing."

I once had the shock of my life because while the pay rang was 9 to 11K, the candidate who join was given 6k and he was given the impression that the organisation had cost constrains.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Ixus75 said:

I think something wrong with your HR and recruitment agency. I see many (what I think are rather qualified) SGreans still trying very hard to get jobs, sending CV like nobody business and either no reply, or not even a chance for interview already rejected liao. 

5k for junior level many locals I think happily secretly laugh liao.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 9

1 minute ago, Ysc3 said:

thats quite unnecessary. If uncle stevie has already accepted the apology and not reacted with gumption that what he did was wrong , then its all water under the bridge. 

With this organise "rehearsal" , it only fuel the display of a linch mop that cannot accept CECA. After all, there are about 1 mil Forgniers in our mist. That's like 1 person or 0.001% committing an act where he spoke "out of Character " and we start to verbalise xenophobia and telling the whole world we are bigot.

I rather they change the format to say we should remove the cap ceiling of the HDB ownership to maybe 20K so that the foreigners can also integrate with the "heart landers" and they can enjoy the kampong spirit that they cannot experience and understand from the condo.

After all, he did mention HDB or the perception that HDB is like the underdog city.

There is a unique charm of HDB and not necessary all those that are "chiam" then stay in HDB.

So HDB may require a makeover to come up with a better town-building exercise to meet or set a new benchmark.

Yes, HDB has always been the "affordable" flats . And they are getting smaller and smaller. But have they gotten better and better.

I suppose HDB can thrive to be the next BMW 1 series / 2 series or Merc A class that is affordable for the mass.

52 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If uncle stevie has already accepted the apology and not reacted with gumption that what he did was wrong , then its all water under the bridge. 

Uncle had accepted apology & settled can put aside. :we-all-gonna-die:

Its the degree cert (don't know real or fake) from a Uni rank 600th in world ranking can earned $66k per month, why SG Uni graduates cannot even smell $8k within their first 5 years of working .... :slow: 

• Praise 5

1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Uncle had accepted apology & settled can put aside. :we-all-gonna-die:

Its the degree cert (don't know real or fake) from a Uni rank 600th in world ranking can earned $66k per month, why SG Uni graduates cannot even smell $8k within their first 5 years of working .... :slow: 

I did my own discreet CSI and whatever was published is far from the truth.

66K while true may not belong to Ramesh.

Ramesh that was publish is not the same condo remesh. And the condo Ramesh is just a director. Not Managing Director which belongs to the 66 thousand dollars man.

And there is no law to state that the Linkedin profile must be correct or updated correctly.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

thats quite unnecessary. If uncle stevie has already accepted the apology and not reacted with gumption that what he did was wrong , then its all water under the bridge. 

With this organise "rehearsal" , it only fuel the display of a linch mop that cannot accept CECA. After all, there are about 1 mil Forgniers in our mist. That's like 1 person or 0.001% committing an act where he spoke "out of Character " and we start to verbalise xenophobia and telling the whole world we are bigot.

I rather they change the format to say we should remove the cap ceiling of the HDB ownership to maybe 20K so that the foreigners can also integrate with the "heart landers" and they can enjoy the kampong spirit that they cannot experience and understand from the condo.

After all, he did mention HDB or the perception that HDB is like the underdog city.

There is a unique charm of HDB and not necessary all those that are "chiam" then stay in HDB.

So HDB may require a makeover to come up with a better town-building exercise to meet or set a new benchmark.

Yes, HDB has always been the "affordable" flats . And they are getting smaller and smaller. But have they gotten better and better.

I suppose HDB can thrive to be the next BMW 1 series / 2 series or Merc A class that is affordable for the mass.

Bro, my bto project (and carpark) is already swarmed with foreigners. 

If these people can afford 1.5mil condo units, why would they bother with 500k public housing? 

2 hours ago, Kusje said:

Wah. So this Gary fellow is talking BS?

How else you want him and ST to mitigate this publicity? Honestly,  it stink when you stir more. I would prefer admit and move on. It take another lie to cover one. 

7 minutes ago, thebutcher said:

Bro, my bto project (and carpark) is already swarmed with foreigners. 

If these people can afford 1.5mil condo units, why would they bother with 500k public housing? 

Ok. How do you argue that the way Ramesh reacted was a strong "escape" of his xenophobic inner thoughts .

If he has stay here for 10 years and above in HDB and still behave that way, have we make an effort to welcome him or is what the message of lack of integration has led to a fault line of racial harmony started to infused to the locals that we have become more intolerant of what we could have done better ?.

At the end of the day, have we shown beyond a benefit of a doubt that while we need to have more people in the work force for the better good of social-economic well being, have we done enough to balance the social cohesion and the management gap of the wealth divide better between the non Singaporean and the Singaporean ?

Is there indeed a larger scheme of landscape that is displacing Singaporean from the workforce in large number that we have unearthed or are we just being greatly envious of others capability ?

What is the bigger picture ?  

I would like to think that whenever there is a recall or reservist, we are actually dooing our part as one united people protecting the nation and not just a "wah lannnn wayyy" moment. That everytime we don our SBO, we turn from workers to warrior. And when we speak , we are actually protecting what we believe to be our home.

Think the incident of the flag tearer and you begin to see what I mean.

Do Singaporean have a sense of country where they belong or when they migrate to Australia, do they think, "good riddance, I have arrived at a better place even though I am not born here." Some good the powerful red passport does.

I happened to see this in the internet I cannot confirm if it is real or fake however if it is true its clearly shows JP Morgan is a very good employer providing career opportunities to the minorities of our country, a model company for businesses in Singapore to follow.

dctMML8.thumb.jpg.c324e258519bb6409b34c4b27c89f310.jpg

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I once had the shock of my life because while the pay rang was 9 to 11K, the candidate who join was given 6k and he was given the impression that the organisation had cost constrains.

if the recruit is paid $100k/pa 

agency took at least 20%-25% cut 

that’s $20k-ish comms ... you say leh

Edited by Wt_know

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

crazy ah? put more high ses foreigners into hdb heartlands?

the said ramesh already has a singaporean wife who sponsored his citizenship.....still unable to adapt to local culture means there is no desire to integrate at all

15 years ago, the foreigners in the heartlands had to try to integrate with locals as the numbers were few.  nowadays they have no need to communicate with the locals at all as their own social circles are big enough for them to find social support

this can be seen with various nationalities btw

🙄

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Kusje said:

Shouldn't it be the other way around? HR screens the CVs then sends it to hiring manager.

Hiring manager should ask HR why no Singaporean CVs? That is if hiring manager and HR are not FTs in the first place.

SPH PUBLISHED SEP 23, 2013, 11:46 AM SGT Firms must show they tried to hire S'poreans first

“From August next year, firms that want to hire foreign professionals must prove that they have tried to hire Singaporeans.

These employers have to advertise for Singaporeans to fill the vacancies in a national jobs bank administered by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, the Manpower Ministry said on Monday. Firms with 25 or fewer staff will be exempted from advertising rule, or those hiring for jobs paying $12,000 and above a month....”

Firms and employment agencies must consider Singaporean jobseekers fairly https://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-replies/2018/0423-firms-and-employment-agencies-must-consider-singaporean-jobseekers-fairly

↡ Advertisement