1.5m condo owner scold security guard

RadX

32 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

if the recruit is paid $100k/pa 

agency took at least 20%-25% cut 

that’s $20k-ish comms ... you say leh

That’s the management cost ... of hr n leave n policy, insurance.

Edited by Sdf4786k

55 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Ok. How do you argue that the way Ramesh reacted was a strong "escape" of his xenophobic inner thoughts .

If he has stay here for 10 years and above in HDB and still behave that way, have we make an effort to welcome him or is what the message of lack of integration has led to a fault line of racial harmony started to infused to the locals that we have become more intolerant of what we could have done better ?.

At the end of the day, have we shown beyond a benefit of a doubt that while we need to have more people in the work force for the better good of social-economic well being, have we done enough to balance the social cohesion and the management gap of the wealth divide better between the non Singaporean and the Singaporean ?

Is there indeed a larger scheme of landscape that is displacing Singaporean from the workforce in large number that we have unearthed or are we just being greatly envious of others capability ?

What is the bigger picture ?  

I would like to think that whenever there is a recall or reservist, we are actually dooing our part as one united people protecting the nation and not just a "wah lannnn wayyy" moment. That everytime we don our SBO, we turn from workers to warrior. And when we speak , we are actually protecting what we believe to be our home.

Think the incident of the flag tearer and you begin to see what I mean.

Do Singaporean have a sense of country where they belong or when they migrate to Australia, do they think, "good riddance, I have arrived at a better place even though I am not born here." Some good the powerful red passport does.

Okok i get that you are supportive of integrating the foreigners into our community. 

But i am confused, ramesh has "strong xenophobic inner thoughts"? He's the local now? 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

That’s the management cost ... of hr n leave n policy, insurance.

what i mean is all cost is taken into consideration which means how much can the company pay the “worker” if several layers got cut and comms

Edited by Wt_know

21 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

SPH PUBLISHED SEP 23, 2013, 11:46 AM SGT Firms must show they tried to hire S'poreans first

“From August next year, firms that want to hire foreign professionals must prove that they have tried to hire Singaporeans.

These employers have to advertise for Singaporeans to fill the vacancies in a national jobs bank administered by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, the Manpower Ministry said on Monday. Firms with 25 or fewer staff will be exempted from advertising rule, or those hiring for jobs paying $12,000 and above a month....”

Firms and employment agencies must consider Singaporean jobseekers fairly https://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-replies/2018/0423-firms-and-employment-agencies-must-consider-singaporean-jobseekers-fairly

This one so easy to sidestep. Just advertise then say ppl apply not qualified. Others best, hire on contract via 3rd party agencies, become "vendor". Not part of the company quota but works in house. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

No worry... singaporean are all very peaceful people and hate violence. Not possible to see it develops like a riot at HK. 

12 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

This one so easy to sidestep. Just advertise then say ppl apply not qualified. Others best, hire on contract via 3rd party agencies, become "vendor". Not part of the company quota but works in house. 

Singaporean must come first, no matter what.

So much effort raised Ivy League children, then only now I realise there are people from other more special league $66k p/m....hahah🤣

Edited by Odyssey2011

13 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

There are many many ways.... Biggest question, how much MOM is  doing. Then, any lesson learnt from this case, and how to prevent a future repeat. 

But if MOM think this is a norm, nothing illegal... then what else sg people can do? beside KPKB everyday. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

How else you want him and ST to mitigate this publicity? Honestly,  it stink when you stir more. I would prefer admit and move on. It take another lie to cover one. 

Why does gary need to mitigate this?

51 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

SPH PUBLISHED SEP 23, 2013, 11:46 AM SGT Firms must show they tried to hire S'poreans first

“From August next year, firms that want to hire foreign professionals must prove that they have tried to hire Singaporeans.

These employers have to advertise for Singaporeans to fill the vacancies in a national jobs bank administered by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, the Manpower Ministry said on Monday. Firms with 25 or fewer staff will be exempted from advertising rule, or those hiring for jobs paying $12,000 and above a month....”

Firms and employment agencies must consider Singaporean jobseekers fairly https://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-replies/2018/0423-firms-and-employment-agencies-must-consider-singaporean-jobseekers-fairly

I helped you to bold the key words.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Why does gary need to mitigate this?

Who is he representing and how should the association respond to this incident? Would you be doing the same if you were him or demand actions? It is the best chance and publicity don't you agree?

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Leopard never change its spots.

狗改不了吃屎。

Must intro him to blanket party!! 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Who set this rules about $12,000 & above no need to engage Singaporean first ? ....

No wonder lar, Uni rank 600 in world can get $66k whereas SG Uni rank top 30 can't command $12k job ... [bigcry]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

wah ... the whole wayang of "apology" to calm water to save the security firm but still ...

when the security guard said ... "we are only enforcing condo rules" ... siao liao!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, AgentG said:

Condo resident-security officer spat: Services of security agency at Eight Riversuites condo terminated

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/condo-resident-security-officer-spat-services-of-security-agency-at-eight-riversuites

Deserved... I thought the posting of the video is a really bad move. I would expect such incidents are not uncommon like what someone mentioned. To blow it up so big by posting stuff on social Media  is bad publicity for the condo....
Who will dare to engage this security agency....

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Deserved... I thought the posting of the video is a really bad move. I would expect such incidents are not uncommon like what someone mentioned. To blow it up so big by posting stuff on social Media  is bad publicity for the condo....
Who will dare to engage this security agency....

like that uncle steven need to look for new job liao ...

pump attendant at petrol station ... other job from security industry [sweatdrop]

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement