1.5m condo owner scold security guard

RadX

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

Oops. 

Looks like the apology by the security guard and the security association wasn't enough. Now no more rice bowl.

You believe the media? I feel our country is becoming more hypocritical and superficial. If such stuffs ate tolerated or even manipulated, there is no hope and future for those who only wish to do a proper job

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

welcome to the real world

even if the video is shared with management only probably uncle will be asked ... shut up and suck thumb

there is no recourse ...

do the job kena fck off 

dont do the job also kena fcked off

eitherwa kena fck off by resident/tenant or management ... if want to stay on the job must maintain high EQ to kena fcked

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

eitherwa kena fck off by resident/tenant or management ... if want to stay on the job must maintain high EQ to kena fcked

All SG people should be treated equally. Hope you include all the ministers and their loyal fans....looks like it fair to be f by the people after all, that is how I read.  

Maybe I am wrong..

Edited by Odyssey2011

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

even if the video is shared with management only probably uncle will be asked ... shut up and suck thumb

there is no recourse ...

do the job kena fck off 

dont do the job also kena fcked off

Yeah, that is the current culture. Customer is always right still deeper sunk in most of us. Job and putting food on the table was always difficult thus just suck thumb.

So, do we want to change this? Yes then why harassment only apply to civil servants? Why aren't private employer protecting their staff? No strong union lor 

15 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

why harassment only apply to civil servants? Why aren't private employer protecting their staff? No strong union lor 

I don’t know much about SG civil Service code. But look like in UK, 

“The Civil Service is an integral and key part of the government of the United Kingdom. It supports the Government of the day in developing and implementing its policies, and in delivering public services. Civil servants are accountable to Ministers, who in turn are accountable to Parliament.”

Make sense to support the government of the day, also need to be

”You must: provide information and advice, including advice to Ministers, on the basis of the evidence, and accurately present the options and facts; take decisions on the merits of the case; and take due account of expert and professional advice.

You must not: ignore inconvenient facts or relevant considerations when providing advice or making decisions; or frustrate the implementation of policies once decisions are taken by declining to take, or abstaining from, action which flows from those decisions. “ Trust all SG civil servants have the highest standards. 

https://www.civilservant.org.uk/ethics-civil_service_code.html

Edited by Odyssey2011

25 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

All SG people should be treated equally. Hope you include all the ministers and their loyal fans....looks like it fair to be f by the people after all, that is how I read.  

Maybe I am wrong..

since civilization ... to ask people fck off

you must either have money or power

if none ... keep low key and suck thumb

life goes on

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/security-team-eight-riversuites-replaced-residents-say-change-not-related-ramesh-erramalli

Security team at Eight Riversuites replaced, but residents say change not related to Ramesh Erramalli incident

By KIMBERLY LIM

Published 01 NOVEMBER, 2019 UPDATED 01 NOVEMBER, 2019
1387 Shares

SINGAPORE — Eight Riversuites condominium, which has been in the spotlight this past week after one of its residents verbally abused a security officer, now has a whole new team of guards —*although residents and security associations say the timing was coincidental.*

Some residents told TODAY that there had been complaints about the performance of the previous team of security guards — who were employed by KH Security — since about six months ago, and the change has been a month in the works.

Responding to TODAY's queries, Union of Security Employees president Ardi Amir confirmed that*the change was a scheduled one,*and*the previous team of officers have been redeployed elsewhere and are still employed with their agency.*

The condo made the headlines over the long weekend when resident Ramesh Erramalli was caught on video using vulgar words and shouting at a security guard, Mr Steven Heng, over a rule that required visitors to the condo to pay S$10 if they park their cars there after 11pm.*

The video went viral, and Mr Erramalli apologised to the guard on Thursday (Oct 31).

Just a day later, a resident told TODAY that Mr Heng, along with all his fellow security guards from KH Security, had been replaced with all new faces wearing new uniforms.*

However, another resident said the condo’s management committee had begun discussions with AGSI, the parent company of KH Security, about deploying a new team at the estate when the complaints first surfaced.

Both spoke to TODAY on condition of anonymity.

Mr Ardi said Mr Heng is still employed with the firm.

“KH Security, the security agency which senior security supervisor Steven Heng works for, is a unionised agency. We have been in touch with the agency daily since the incident broke. Union representatives had also visited Steven and his colleagues at the site to offer help and support,” said Mr Ardi.

“KH had already been notified of the change of agencies a few weeks ago. The entire team of officers are still employed with KH and have been redeployed to another site.”

Security Association Singapore (SAS) executive director Ikhsan Suri also confirmed: “To SAS’ understanding, the contract has been terminated before the incident happened, and the termination is unrelated to the incident.”

When asked what the complaints against the previous team of guards were, a resident said: “The condominium has many stairs and it is a very big estate. The previous team of guards were all quite elderly, so we were concerned that they would not be able to climb stairs or move about.”

The security team has been working at the condominium since February, but complaints regarding non-compliance began surfacing just two months later.

TODAY understands that the condo’s management submitted a one-month notice to the security firm and the team’s last day was on Thursday.*

However, other residents who spoke to TODAY said they did not have issues with the previous team of security officers.

A resident who declined to be named and who has been staying in the condominium for four years said: “I actually got to know (that the security guards would be changed) from one of the guards last night. I’m quite sad to find out about this… (Mr Heng) is a very hardworking guy and the rest of the team as well, especially if they were told to leave just like that.”*

She added that she often saw him patrolling the estate at night and treated his job “very seriously”.*

Another resident found out about the change through the estate’s private Facebook group.*

Earlier on Friday, someone from the estate had posted on the Facebook page: “Did the MCST (Management Corporation Strata Title) just sack the security company? Saw a new batch of security officers this morning?”*

The post drew almost 20 comments from other residents, with most saying that they also noticed new faces.

A KH Security staff told TODAY over the phone that the police are handling the matter at Eight Riversuites, and declined further comment. Its parent company, AGSI, has also been contacted for comment.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

? I watched the video, I really don’t think that incident is over the TOP. No insults, no physical, I bet this kind of stuff occurs pretty often and it’s part and parcel of service industry. 
Not just service industry, my boss scold me, I think it’s unjustified. should I post it online? Common sense right...

No insults?

The vulgarity F.U.C.K. was repeated several times.

Race was involved when Ramesh Erramalli asked the guard if he's Chinese.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

No insults?

The vulgarity F.U.C.K. was repeated several times.

Race was involved when Ramesh Erramalli asked the guard if he's Chinese.

Lan chiao lah, Bro

Dont so sensitive

muayhahaha

i also told this Ramesh to report to my office and gave him a dressing down two days ago.

bonus confirmed will be cut too

Relac lah.

Edited by Throttle2

Wow. A few days didn't track this and so much developments. I was the one who brought up that (i) The MCST has been silent and did not comment on whether the security company was actually enforcing the rules or in fact based on his own discretion or interpretation, e.g. 11pm become 10:30pm. There was a TV interview with a Chinese resident of that condo and he said he was never aware of the 10:30pm $10 parking rule (ii) The MCST must be rather upset with the security guard and its services. I don't think it's professional for security guards to go around shaming the owners or guests on social media. Just like teachers are not supposed to go around shaming their students on social media no matter how rude they are. Just like employees are not allowed to shame their bosses and co-workers on social media, even if they are rude or loud. Of course by shaming your co-workers and bosses online, one will typically receive a lot of online "support" since it is a one-sided story (there could be something that trigger the anger) but one will have to face the consequences. In any case, since the security company has already been terminated, I think they probably don't care anymore, and that's why post things to shame the residents online. But it should also think long term and impose some social media policy on its employees.

I don't know it's just me. I think it's ok if some people are merely rude or loud or use vulgar words in front of you, like the Ramesh guy - some people have anger management issue and are more direct and brash - and in this case, it was directed at the application of the so-called condo "rules" which till today no one knows if the guard is right. The worst type of people are those who are hateful and want to cause real harm behind the scenes, e.g. behind your back complain to your boss and want you to be fired, start calling to give death threats etc. These backstabbers are probably 100x worse because their main aim is to inflict maximum damage to the person. 

And I think for condo who wants the security guard to collect cash for parking, please put up the signs clearly outside for the sake of visitors as well as security officers. I know many people keep saying "$10 so cheap i am so rich I will definitely pay" but there are people who do mind paying unnecessary parking charges and there are also people who do not pay blindly without questioning if the rules are legit or not. So I think to avoid such disputes in the future, condos who are charging parking fees for guests should just make it clear at the entrance clearly stating the hourly charges and the timing etc. This will also help ensure security guards do no abuse the rules and residents not having to explain to visitors. I really think this is not very common in condo so if the condo is earning parking revenues from the public, it has to be disclosed clearly at the entrance.

Edited by Icemaiden
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

since civilization ... to ask people fck off

you must either have money or power

if none ... keep low key and suck thumb

life goes on

Money or power?....😁

“Any man that tries to rob me of my dignity will lose.....“Nelson Mandela.  👍

For me, I’ll just make less lor, I know I will not die making less....of course that's me and my belief..

Edited by Odyssey2011

Like many I am upset by the behaviour of Ramesh. In subsequent viewing of the video i closed it in quick time as the vulgarities and the arrogance were so disgusting.

Then the news of the securiy company replaced was totally a movie twist beyond my expectation.

But then, as I pondered I began to see the thinking that might be harboured by these condo populace. Their grounds are a private sanctuary. It is like a castle with a wall enclosing it. And yes, there are guards.

So they will not be pleased that some argument that happened within their confines are spilled out to be dissected and got the common man and ministers weighing in. And it was done by their palace guards.....😙

Edited by Camrysfa

It 1st started with abuse of service provider. So it is not ok  "if some people are merely rude or loud or use vulgar words in front of you, like the Ramesh guy - some people have anger management issue". We don't want to see that not only for this condo but towards all service staff. Got personal problem, please manage it yourself and not let others manage you.

The case attracts so much attention not just because of this abuse which is still fairly common unfortunately. It is more on how the hell he got his work permit and citizenship. Marry local can be citizen maybe is an answer but work permit and job loss is a bigger problem we are facing now.

13 hours ago, Victor68 said:

1st as professional especially security,  definitely not right to post that video online. But, i don't know who post lah. 2nd, it is important that service providers rights must be protected. No law, please pass one asap.

What has happen definitely is wrong on ramesh, no question about it. How to deal with him? That is not the important part. Important is we want people to know they cannot do that and it is wrong. Of course the question on how work permit was issue is the biggest question hopefully Dr Tan CB will assist.

If you make a personal confidential police report on an individual in society, then the police release the police report to that particular individual in society you were reporting on. How? Professional or not.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

I always try to kawan kawan with security. Who knows when I might need a "favour" one day :x

I tried failed

look at Radx and me

still same same

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1