Dekit before trading in.

Ceschfab

On 10/29/2019 at 7:15 PM, Jamesc said:

Take everything out.

Sell high high price at Carosell.

Don't entertain those with low ballers.

:grin:

Only resellers interested in buying all the stuff dekitted from u. Sell to individuals maybe higher price, but super leh cheh.

All in all still $500+ worth of stuff. So why not?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 10/29/2019 at 6:01 PM, Freeder said:

OIC.. just sell them in Carouhell.. 

At least can get $600 for all the items..

Very accurate prediction! Haha.

28 minutes ago, Ceschfab said:

Thanks for useful feedback. 

There were tonnes of not so constructive feedback here.

Yes I wasn't absolutely clear in my original post, but I just wanted to know if anyone has tried to fix in cheapo parts before trade in and where they get their cheapo equipment from. If you have not done this, then dun pour scorn on others attempting it. 

My 10yr old car body if sold to exporter is not more than $500. But AD entice me to trade in to them so that I can get 1k off the new car price. So which one would you take? Since there are some equipment that is better than those basic models in my old car, why not take them out and sell then replace with the basic stuff. All in all labour + 2nd hand units could cost me $100+, but the equipment dekitted can easily sell for $500+. 

Read back your own posts, you were asking for advice yet you answer back with answers contradicting feedback from others. You already answered your own questions to whether are there value to remove and sell the items, AD doesn't care what you put back, etc etc. 

This is a open forum, there are bound to be constructive and not so constructive feedback here. You are free to choose to take it with a open heart, or refute back to what you deemed not constructive ones. 

People who drives long enough or done with a few buying and selling before would know yes, there are scrap value and usually for B&B cars trading-in especially to AD would yield a better price. Who in the right mind will reject extra cash? 

You already decided and maybe already checked it is better to dekit and sell for $500+ still in your first post asking whether is it value to dekit and sell or not. To me, you are either not asking the right questions to the answer you want or you chose to listen to the answers you want and deemed others not constructive. 

We are all here to share our knowledge, make driving in Singapore happy (already driving in SG is so stress liao). Afterall, all of us are drivers/riders here in a small island and bound to meet each other on the road in one way or another. Peace out.

P.S. I apologise if I sounded sarcastic or being attacking you but that's just my personal feeling about these posts. I won't be replying to this post anymore as I'm not here to personal attack nor create hatred here or whatsoever. Cheers!

(edited)

Hi wormee. Yea. None of us are here to pick a fight. 
But if u read my first post again, I am not asking if there is any value in dekitting but rather to know if bros here have done that before and knows where to source for some cheap basic stuff if we choose to dekit. 
There is one who shared his friend went to JB to dekit before let AD makan his car. Got 3k for that effort. Admittedly my stuff in old car is not as expensive but still a few hundreds rite? 
there may be some misunderstandings regarding my first post if ppl choose to read what they want to interpret. 
I have not edited my original post. Go read it again. 

Edited by Ceschfab

3 hours ago, Ceschfab said:

3k Solid leh. If nv dekit, the car dealer will be super happy lor. Free stuff for them.

my friend happy with 3k swooping fee but even happier with the spa 😍😍😍

Just to update. 

Sold all 4 items to reseller found from Carousell. He will resell this in Malaysia market where most cars are used for more than 10yrs. 

Through him, got a lobang (his friend) to dekit and install basic HU n speakers (labour + parts = $110). After getting $640 from the sale, nett gained $530. 

Traded in my car to AD. Just signed documents and go. No one even took a look at my car.

Reseller quite nice and friendly. Need bargain a little on the dekitting cost. His prices offered for my items were firm. 

• Praise 1