Jump to content
Ceschfab

Dekit before trading in.

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

First time I am trading in to AD when buying new car.

Would like to know if there are valuable things to dekit in the original car and sell elsewhere, is there usually a need to put back some basic equipment before trade in?

Refering to:

1) Head Unit

2) Speakers

If there is a need to fix back some basic equipment, what would be a good place to source for such basic stuff ? Scrapyard?

 

Thanks for advice.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did not specify you installed your own or comes with the vehicle you brought and how old your unit.

Take out the Head unit & speakers, Where you going to fix them next ? :slow:

Your new car comers with better HU & speakers. [sly]

Sell second hand, who wants it ? :lll._.:

Give to people or friend and they still have to fork out $50/- or more for workmanship/labour cost.... [:(]

  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You did not specify you installed your own or comes with the vehicle you brought and how old your unit.

Take out the Head unit & speakers, Where you going to fix them next ? :slow:

Your new car comers with better HU & speakers. [sly]

Sell second hand, who wants it ? :lll._.:

Give to people or friend and they still have to fork out $50/- or more for workmanship/labour cost.... [:(]

There is a market for 2nd hand head units, car camera and speakers. There is definitely a demand. I am not interested in fixing these up in my new car. The equipment are installed after-market in the old car, means these are not the original equipment of car.

These can be sold for few hundred bucks together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on who you trading in and if they specifically want those stuffs in the car or what you agreed upon. If scrapyard, just throw in an old headunit, don't even need to connect. 

But most of the time dekit before selling, is a super troublesome and leh cheh thing to do. den have to deal with lowballers. End up not worth the effort+time. The only thing I'll usually remove are the wheels. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second hand HU & speakers can only sell to those company old lorries or vans where FT drivers really don't borders to take care and not like a personal car....[:(]

You took it out and still need to find one to replace it back (labour cost). If not the second hand dealers will find ways to deduct few hundreds from the trade in price reason been that they can't sell well without or lousy HU.

They have to replace a reasonable one.... blah blah blah...  in order to lower your asking price. So here to trying to make a hundred out of your old set and lost the trade-in value by few hundreds.  :slow:

Even your ICE set worth $10,000 and wanted to include in the trade-in, they will tell you to dismantle your set and lower your trade-in price by $10,000/- (to take back your set). You also don't want that. :secret-laugh:

Nowadays a Pioneer or Kenwood players around $700/- to $900/- already very good with touch screen.

 

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever $$ one spend on mods, be prepared to write off completely when trade in car

Oso doesn't matter if car is polished weekly or once a year. If accept AD trade in, be prepared to be lowball 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not 2nd hand dealer... its just ADs who really doesn't care if u removed the branded stuff u installed urself. Heck.. they dun even care what model u r selling them. Its a b&b car near 10yrs old. Price has been fixed even without looking at the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When  trade-in, I don't even border to ex-change the sport rims. Already used for years, there bound to be scratches or dents on the rims.

Every years, nice and better design rim on the road, so why keep old ones... :slow:

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ceschfab said:

its not 2nd hand dealer... its just ADs who really doesn't care if u removed the branded stuff u installed urself. Heck.. they dun even care what model u r selling them. Its a b&b car near 10yrs old. Price has been fixed even without looking at the car.

If you observe, AD will ask a second hand dealer to quote. There always 2 or 3 dealers around. They are not AD employee.

Example : If you drive a Toyota to a Honda showroom and brought a Honda car, Honda wants your trade-in Toyota for what ????? :slow:

They are actually second hand car dealers loitering at the showroom.... [sly]. The SE will earn some commission also.

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

When  trade-in, I don't even border to ex-change the sport rims. Already used for years, there bound to be scratches or dents on the rims.

Every years, nice and better design rim on the road, so why keep old ones... :slow:

If the wheels are expensive, forged lightweights, then yes, that is a good reason to keep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beehive3783 said:

If the wheels are expensive, forged lightweights, then yes, that is a good reason to keep.

Well depends on personal preferences.

If the rims already more than 2 years old, I would change them cos you can't see the hairline cracks on the rim (stress on rims) especially when travelling up north frequently hitting pot holes and bums.  

For personal and family safety, worth to change them.

Afterall, newer rims patterns look nicer ...  [thumbsup]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Well depends on personal preferences.

If the rims already more than 2 years old, I would change them cos you can't see the hairline cracks on the rim (stress on rims) especially when travelling up north frequently hitting pot holes and bums.  

For personal and family safety, worth to change them.

Afterall, newer rims patterns look nicer ...  [thumbsup]

Hmm you have a point.. unless wanna send the wheels for X-ray haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If you observe, AD will ask a second hand dealer to quote. There always 2 or 3 dealers around. They are not AD employee.

Example : If you drive a Toyota to a Honda showroom and brought a Honda car, Honda wants your trade-in Toyota for what ????? :slow:

They are actually second hand car dealers loitering at the showroom.... [sly]. The SE will earn some commission also.

There is no quote. Its just an additional 1k off my new car price, regardless if I trade in Toyota or Chery QQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Well depends on personal preferences.

If the rims already more than 2 years old, I would change them cos you can't see the hairline cracks on the rim (stress on rims) especially when travelling up north frequently hitting pot holes and bums.  

For personal and family safety, worth to change them.

Afterall, newer rims patterns look nicer ...  [thumbsup]

i would love to think that forged rims would last longer than 2 years and a few pot holes considering that they're usually upwards of 4000 a set WITHOUT tyres.. BBS, VOLKS etc. real not replica..

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ceschfab said:

Hi all, 

First time I am trading in to AD when buying new car.

Would like to know if there are valuable things to dekit in the original car and sell elsewhere, is there usually a need to put back some basic equipment before trade in?

Refering to:

1) Head Unit

2) Speakers

If there is a need to fix back some basic equipment, what would be a good place to source for such basic stuff ? Scrapyard?

 

Thanks for advice.

Can list out what Ho Liao u have ?

From there, I can advise you what to dekit or dun waste time?

Btw, I’m not Ramesh..

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ceschfab said:

Hi all, 

First time I am trading in to AD when buying new car.

Would like to know if there are valuable things to dekit in the original car and sell elsewhere, is there usually a need to put back some basic equipment before trade in?

Refering to:

1) Head Unit

2) Speakers

If there is a need to fix back some basic equipment, what would be a good place to source for such basic stuff ? Scrapyard?

 

Thanks for advice.

Perosnally headunit dun worth much, so no point removing as newer, better and cheaper models are released every year. If the speakers are of good brand, can consider.

As for replacement. Dun bother to go scrape yard. My experience with them is that they are carrot choppers. Try carousell might be better.

If there are quality performance parts like rims and exhaust can try to sell. These are quite easy to sell and you might get a good chunk of money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Can list out what Ho Liao u have ?

From there, I can advise you what to dekit or dun waste time?

Btw, I’m not Ramesh..

Pioneer AVH-z5050BT

Danish Acoustics Pristinum woofers and tweeters

Iroad Cam Q9

Amp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Perosnally headunit dun worth much, so no point removing as newer, better and cheaper models are released every year. If the speakers are of good brand, can consider.

As for replacement. Dun bother to go scrape yard. My experience with them is that they are carrot choppers. Try carousell might be better.

If there are quality performance parts like rims and exhaust can try to sell. These are quite easy to sell and you might get a good chunk of money back.

headunit worth at least $250

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×