2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

The usual stuff - 50% loan for 5 years, first year insurance with them. The last they offered was 5 years warranty, solar film, front & back cameras, 3 years free servicing, first year road tax. Haven’t checked how much they can offer for trade-in. But dealer offers usually 10-15k cheaper than oneself sell, so even if better by few Ks also not that attractive leh.

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, bemywife said:

The usual stuff - 50% loan for 5 years, first year insurance with them. The last they offered was 5 years warranty, solar film, front & back cameras, 3 years free servicing, first year road tax. Haven’t checked how much they can offer for trade-in. But dealer offers usually 10-15k cheaper than oneself sell, so even if better by few Ks also not that attractive leh.

I do not know what amount of discount is attractive for you.

what car is yours? You try to sell your car yourself now.. The choice is yours.

5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I do not know what amount of discount is attractive for you.

what car is yours? You try to sell your car yourself now.. The choice is yours.

i am now also driving a continental. have been trying to sell myself, but it appears more difficult than i expected.

in terms of car price, i think it still has potential to drop due to the wuhan virus. my friend paid just 50k for a 3-year old audi A4 during sars period. this round of virus won't go away so soon.

Edited by bemywife
additional detail
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, bemywife said:

i am now also driving a continental. have been trying to sell myself, but it appears more difficult than i expected.

in terms of car price, i think it still has potential to drop due to the wuhan virus. my friend paid just 50k for a 3-year old audi A4 during sars period. this round of virus won't go away so soon.

Ultimately is your call.. when you manage to buy cheap simply oso imply yr used car price be shitty.. only good for those without a car to enter mkt.. sad truth..

• Praise 1

2020 Skoda Octavia RS

2020-skoda-octavia-rs-iv-0.jpg

2020-skoda-octavia-rs-specs.jpg

Skoda will unveil the new generation Octavia RS at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show on March 3. The first model to premiere will be the Octavia RS iV, a plug-in hybrid version of the sporty compact car.

It will combine the 1.4-liter TSI petrol engine with an electric motor for a total output of 245 PS (242 HP / 180 kW). According to an alleged leaked document posted by the unofficial SkodaNews channel on Twitter, it will arrive exclusively with a six-speed DSG automatic transmission and will launch in June.

At the end of August, the gasoline-powered version of the Octavia RS will join the lineup, with a 2.0-liter TSI engine rated at 245 PS (242 HP / 180 kW), matched to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The lineup will be complete by the diesel offering, which will be introduced at the end of summer with a 2.0-liter TDI, making 200 PS (197 HP / 147 kW), hooked up to a 7-speed DSG.

Surprisingly, there isn’t anything about a four-wheel drive version of the Octavia RS, yet if that’s something you must have, then you will have to settle for the regular Octavia 4×4. A new variant will reportedly launch end of August as well, with the 200 PS (197 HP / 147 kW) 2.0-liter TSI petrol engine and a 7-speed automatic gearbox, joining other AWD versions of the car, such as the 190 PS (187 HP / 140 kW) and 150 PS (148 HP / 110 kW) 2.0 TSI.

Other mills will include the 110 PS (108 HP / 81 kW) 1.0 TSI with a 6-speed manual and the 110 PS (108 HP / 81 kW) 1.0 TSI mild-hybrid with a 7-speed DSG set to launch in June, together with the 204 PS (201 HP / 150 kW) 1.4-liter PHEV. Two months later, Skoda will launch the bi-fuel petrol and CNG option, which is listed as having a 131 PS (129 HP / 96 kW) 1.5-liter TSI married to a 7-speed DSG.

• Praise 10

On 2/15/2020 at 12:40 PM, bemywife said:

subprime crisis A3 1.8T was clearing at 89k..

Golf GTI MKV LTD edition, aka bare bone from Malaysia reroute to SG from what I heard was going  at 95K.. 

With this current period of uncertainty, just squeeze the trigger if you in the growth industry or have been awarded a govt tender contract.

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

end of the road for true petrol head......bye bye Octavia RS245

Not so fast la, still got another 3-5yrs left out of it..

7 hours ago, Hamburger said:

end of the road for true petrol head......bye bye Octavia RS245

Ok bah. 242bhp from a 1.4t sounds interesting

On 2/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, Sdf4786k said:

subprime crisis A3 1.8T was clearing at 89k..

Golf GTI MKV LTD edition, aka bare bone from Malaysia reroute to SG from what I heard was going  at 95K.. 

With this current period of uncertainty, just squeeze the trigger if you in the growth industry or have been awarded a govt tender contract.

i tested the golf GTI, must say it's much more fun to drive compared to skoda RS even though it has a lower horsepower.

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, bemywife said:

i tested the golf GTI, must say it's much more fun to drive compared to skoda RS even though it has a lower horsepower.

I've driven the Mk6, Mk7 and Mk7.5 GTI and I can also attest that it felt nicer to drive than the RS245 

I didn't want to ask this in the audi q3 thread cos I didn't want to sound like a party pooper. 

Originally I thought the local audi q3 came with the new 1.5 vag engine as per the karoq.. Now then I realise it's the 1.4t still.

VAGheads, This is still the same engine right as any octavia or jetta right? 

Edited by Lala81

50 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I didn't want to ask this in the audi q3 thread cos I didn't want to sound like a party pooper. 

Originally I thought the local audi q3 came with the new 1.5 vag engine as per the karoq.. Now then I realise it's the 1.4t still.

When I bought the Karoq, Q3 haven’t come out. But my SE told me the new Q3 also using same engine as Karoq. Not true meh? Q3 is using an older engine? 

21 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

When I bought the Karoq, Q3 haven’t come out. But my SE told me the new Q3 also using same engine as Karoq. Not true meh? Q3 is using an older engine? 

My friend was one of the first buyers of the q3. He ordered in the Jan 2019 motor show. And only got it in like August/Sept. 

But he said his is the 1.4 as well. But worldwide the base q3 comes with the karoq engine I thought... 

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Not sure abt that but u can be sure VAG will not fit an inferior engine to an Audi Q3 compared to a Jetta or Octavia

The DSG for the Q3 1.4 is a 6-spd wet compared to 7-spd dry for Jetta and Octy 1.4

30 minutes ago, Soya said:

Not sure abt that but u can be sure VAG will not fit an inferior engine to an Audi Q3 compared to a Jetta or Octavia

The DSG for the Q3 1.4 is a 6-spd wet compared to 7-spd dry for Jetta and Octy 1.4

I'm sure it's not inferior. Just whether it's worth the $ lor.

A4 has the 2.0 whereas the Q3 still using the base 1.4 engine which been around for 10+ years.

Anyway the buyers of q3 don't really care about this haha

↡ Advertisement