2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I'm sure it's not inferior. Just whether it's worth the $ lor.

A4 has the 2.0 whereas the Q3 still using the base 1.4 engine which been around for 10+ years.

Anyway the buyers of q3 don't really care about this haha

Yep 2019 2018 A4, A5, A6 use a relatively fuel efficient 2.0. I can cruise at 1.3 to 1.5k rpm doing 90... the new incoming ones are mild hybrid... idk why q3 uses 1.4t, but yes they dont really care, i am guessing it is to keep costs low..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, joshua182 said:

Yep 2019 2018 A4, A5, A6 use a relatively fuel efficient 2.0. I can cruise at 1.3 to 1.5k rpm doing 90... the new incoming ones are mild hybrid... idk why q3 uses 1.4t, but yes they dont really care, i am guessing it is to keep costs low..

my friend is more of a tech person. haha he like the VC and all the other bell and whistles. haha he even optioned in auto parking etc...

20 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I'm sure it's not inferior. Just whether it's worth the $ lor.

A4 has the 2.0 whereas the Q3 still using the base 1.4 engine which been around for 10+ years.

Anyway the buyers of q3 don't really care about this haha

Should be the same engine. Probably same as Q3 1st gen 1.4.

That is probably why with 360cam, audi pre sense, audi connect, virtual cockpit, navigation and a lot of other stuff in the Q3 with the new tech, they could keep omv low around 27k, and thus able to sell so competitively.

The engine may be old, but it is also fuel efficient (it is cylinder on demand), and works. I heard the 1.5 has its problems so the 1.4, being an older engine, might be more reliable

Edited by Midorima

6 minutes ago, Midorima said:

Should be the same engine. Probably same as Q3 1st gen 1.4.

That is probably why with 360cam, audi pre sense, audi connect, virtual cockpit, navigation and a lot of other stuff in the Q3 with the new tech, they could keep omv low around 27k, and thus able to sell so competitively.

The engine may be old, but it is also fuel efficient (it is cylinder on demand), and works. I heard the 1.5 has its problems so the 1.4, being an older engine, might be more reliable

yes actually the 1.4 is probably more reliable and worse FC but definitely zippier.

Edited by Lala81

14 hours ago, bemywife said:

i tested the golf GTI, must say it's much more fun to drive compared to skoda RS even though it has a lower horsepower.

it has to do with the weight penalty. I think VRS is 1.7 tonnes while GTI is 1.48 Tonnes 

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

my friend is more of a tech person. haha he like the VC and all the other bell and whistles. haha he even optioned in auto parking etc...

VC is a gimmick. Nice to look at for the first 30 mins. After that, u will miss the clarity of analogue dials

Speaking from experience. PA loaned me the Q7 w VC for 2 days. It was difficult to read and the GPS map was just distracting and useless. Never paid attention to it. Hopped back into the A6 and really appreciated the nicely designed set of analogue dials

• Praise 1

If skoda does the same way of selling their cars like PML, it would be easier to push.

PML allows a 3day to 1 week usage of a test drive cars for potential customers.

I suppose its a different profile of people but then again, it would cement the buyer confidence.

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Soya said:

VC is a gimmick. Nice to look at for the first 30 mins. After that, u will miss the clarity of analogue dials

Speaking from experience. PA loaned me the Q7 w VC for 2 days. It was difficult to read and the GPS map was just distracting and useless. Never paid attention to it. Hopped back into the A6 and really appreciated the nicely designed set of analogue dials

i prefer analogue but actually think my friends would say that digital is more high tech and a differentiating factor.

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i prefer analogue but actually think my friends would say that digital is more high tech and a differentiating factor.

Can't deny wow factor and showroom appeal is there 

But once the euphoria is over, it's a pain to use

Just like those touch panel a/c controls. Go to dunno what screen mode, toggle here, toggle there just to adjust temp

Gimme the good old fashioned knobs from jap cars anytime

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 5

4 minutes ago, bemywife said:

Any one experienced a Leon Cupra before? How is it compared to Golf or Skoda RS? There seems to be extremely few units in Singapore.

driven it once, quite nice and "beefy" engine..

If you do alot of mid range 3 to 4K RPM driving, its worth every cent at 148K when I was test driving it.

Edited by Sdf4786k

33 minutes ago, Soya said:

The moment I saw the colour TV in front of me, I was put off. VC should be less complicated. 

It's still a car afterall and not an aeroplane

10 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

The moment I saw the colour TV in front of me, I was put off. VC should be less complicated. 

It's still a car afterall and not an aeroplane

For in car camera recording, my screens are default switch off within 1-2mins. I can't drive with any digital screen in my vision.
Even my infotainment console, the screen is default off most of the time. 

Unless it's google maps then bo pian.
Will get distracted easily i feel. I can't drive properly with it in my eyeline esp at night when the screens are bright.

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

For in car camera recording, my screens are default switch off within 1-2mins. I can't drive with any digital screen in my vision.
Even my infotainment console, the screen is default off most of the time. 

Unless it's google maps then bo pian.
Will get distracted easily i feel. I can't drive properly with it in my eyeline esp at night when the screens are bright.

I agree with you. Might be age thingy and the lights seem more glittering nowadays at night. 

Kind of missed the good old days of the Saab where there was only green illuminated light on the cockpit and the dashboard. And a switch that switches off all lights except the speedo. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I agree with you. Might be age thingy and the lights seem more glittering nowadays at night. 

Kind of missed the good old days of the Saab where there was only green illuminated light on the cockpit and the dashboard. And a switch that switches off all lights except the speedo. 

haha my night vision is not that bad yet. But it can be affected if your eyes are tired and bit dry for me.

Ah. i do like that submarine or fighter pilot kinda environment if I'm alone :wub:

15 hours ago, Soya said:

I've driven the Mk6, Mk7 and Mk7.5 GTI and I can also attest that it felt nicer to drive than the RS245 

I suppose the DCC play a part as well...

4 hours ago, ferrytales said:

And its a hatchback, handling should feel better than a sedan i guess. 

As long as you have a weight penalty, the lighter one would be more "darty"

GTR is another cattle of fish as the consideration is to have a hefty weight. 

↡ Advertisement