2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

Twincharged

The combi is 14k more. At 123k for the Octavia, makes it a much better deal than the scala.

↡ Advertisement

46 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

The combi is 14k more. At 123k for the Octavia, makes it a much better deal than the scala.

hmm Kamiq and Scala costs 137k and 125k respectively (list price). As the Octavia is higher end than these 2 models, find it hard to believe its only 123k. if so then its a really good deal! 

Twincharged
(edited)
9 minutes ago, tjyand said:

hmm Kamiq and Scala costs 137k and 125k respectively (list price). As the Octavia is higher end than these 2 models, find it hard to believe its only 123k. if so then its a really good deal! 

just saw scala ambition at 116k for GSS, with 124900 retail. but if comparing retail price to retail price. then why scala.

Edited by Mkl22

@Calinlin It really depends on demand and supply. For those who bought last year or even 2019, they definitely got it at a good price. But whether the demand is there is another thing. There will always be greater demand for Mercedes/BME/Audi/VW. Brands like Skoda or Cupra will not be able to match that kind of demand unless there's a change of mindset from buyers. 

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

just saw scala ambition at 116k for GSS, with 124900 retail. but if comparing retail price to retail price. then why scala.

VES banding plays a part in this as well, there's actually a fairly substantial price gap once you account for that

• Praise 3

30 minutes ago, emman said:

VES banding plays a part in this as well, there's actually a fairly substantial price gap once you account for that

Also, people fail to realize that VES rebate affects the PARF. So the Octavia is only worth < $5,000 at the end of 10 years and Scala around $9,000. So depreciation for Octavia is still higher. Just get what you like. 

• Praise 1

On 6/10/2021 at 7:43 PM, Soya said:

Now all excited. Once pricelist for new octavia come out, sure sian.....

haha that's me for sure. Don't think I'll bite at the current COE prices. Ah well...

Twincharged
1 hour ago, emman said:

in the end it is the price you pay and depreciation. note that they are very different platforms. i would pay that little bit more depreciation for the octavia. if according to the fuel economy figures, one also saves that little bit more with the octavia.

also a lower PARF makes it more enticing to renew coe, since the amount forgone will be smaller.

• Praise 3

51 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

in the end it is the price you pay and depreciation. note that they are very different platforms. i would pay that little bit more depreciation for the octavia. if according to the fuel economy figures, one also saves that little bit more with the octavia.

also a lower PARF makes it more enticing to renew coe, since the amount forgone will be smaller.

Totally agree with you and that's what I would do... Assuming I could afford to 😂

Ended up going with the outgoing Octavia at a sub100k price 👀

• Praise 5

(edited)

It seems that the Octavia is not as comprehensive in active safety features compared to the Scala.

1.) Tyre pressure loss indicator is only available in Combi variant whereas it is available in all Scala variants.

2.) Base Octavia Ambition does not have active safety systems but base Scala Ambition comes with Front Assist.

3.) ACC only available in Combi but Scala Style onwards has it.

Octavia wins back points by having VC, dynamic rear indicators, shift-by-wire, electronic parking brake, an additional airbag for all variants. In addition, Octavia has a larger infotainment screen, plus wireless smartlink from Style trim onwards.

Edited by Shouyi
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

haha that's me for sure. Don't think I'll bite at the current COE prices. Ah well...

Not juz due to higher COE prices as that's uniform across the board

When Skoda was first relaunched a few short years back, it had to rebuild a tattered reputation to reestablish itself as a legit brand. So the pricing had to be competitive to get anyone to notice them

Now w better market acceptance, it'll naturally start pricing the cars closer to VW as it's a zero sum game otherwise 

And wif the GTI Mk8 currently priced at an eye watering $200k, I suspect the VRS would like come in around $165-170k

• Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

It seems that the Octavia is not as comprehensive in active safety features compared to the Scala.

1.) Tyre pressure loss indicator is only available in Combi variant whereas it is available in all Scala variants.

2.) Base Octavia Ambition does not have active safety systems but base Scala Ambition comes with Front Assist.

3.) ACC only available in Combi but Scala Style onwards has it.

Octavia wins back points by having VC, dynamic rear indicators, shift-by-wire, electronic parking brake, an additional airbag for all variants. In addition, Octavia has a larger infotainment screen, plus wireless smartlink from Style trim onwards.

where to see this ar.

@Sdf4786k 

5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Ouches 😅

less likelihood  of cs3 owners upgrading to that price range.. 

I sense the Hyundai i30 fastback N will be a viable alternative at 280bhp if it goes under 160k

The main reason why ppl are buying vRS is because of value for money. If the agent is going to slap a premium to it, then buyers would just go for alternatives. 

• Praise 4

11 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Can post the price openly here? So can share with like minded buyers..

on skoda website liao

https://www.skoda.com.sg/offers-and-pricing/vehicle-pricing

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3