2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

where to see this ar.

By refering to the brochures of the Scala and new Octavia. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Koster said:

@Sdf4786k 

The main reason why ppl are buying vRS is because of value for money. If the agent is going to slap a premium to it, then buyers would just go for alternatives. 

What's the alternative? GTI 200k, Cupra 215k.....

Sell at $170k ppl will say cheeep cheeep

• Haha! 1

(edited)

it will be an interesting fight.

golf 8 @ 128k - has all of safety features, but cramped at the back. missing wireless android auto. 

leon FR @ 128k - fully spec out, very spacious ( more than octavia ). 

octavia @ 124k - missing some safety features. need to upgrade to style at 131k to compare against the golf. gigantic boot.

Edited by korosensei
  • Praise 3

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Soya said:

What's the alternative? GTI 200k, Cupra 215k.....

Sell at $170k ppl will say cheeep cheeep

err just get a tesla model 3 performance lor. smoke all of them without much effort? lol.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

err just get a tesla model 3 performance lor. smoke all of them without much effort? lol.

If stay landed, it's a no brainer

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, Koster said:

@Sdf4786k 

The main reason why ppl are buying vRS is because of value for money. If the agent is going to slap a premium to it, then buyers would just go for alternatives. 

Yeah like Hyundai i30N. 

the last episode did not end well for the i30N because of prices n manual gearbox.

with the revised changes, probably will do well since Skoda up till sky high liao..

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

Dunno if posted earlier but this will make Octy fans day....

haha very different category of cars leh. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, korosensei said:

it will be an interesting fight.

golf 8 @ 128k - has all of safety features, but cramped at the back. missing wireless android auto. 

leon FR @ 128k - fully spec out, very spacious ( more than octavia ). 

octavia @ 124k - missing some safety features. need to upgrade to style at 131k to compare against the golf. gigantic boot.

octavia at 124k (plus whatever negotiated discount if possible lets assuming 120k) is a no brainer.

COE cat b 60k (and rising), assuming 22k omv 6k gst and customs 22k arf already 110k. add on road tax, IU, number plate, servicing and warranty...

SCS margin like that already 10k or less (of course, VES A2 rebate 15k brings it back up to 2+k margin).

you still get alot of car and the latest tech for the money... 

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Shouyi said:

It seems that the Octavia is not as comprehensive in active safety features compared to the Scala.

1.) Tyre pressure loss indicator is only available in Combi variant whereas it is available in all Scala variants.

2.) Base Octavia Ambition does not have active safety systems but base Scala Ambition comes with Front Assist.

3.) ACC only available in Combi but Scala Style onwards has it.

Octavia wins back points by having VC, dynamic rear indicators, shift-by-wire, electronic parking brake, an additional airbag for all variants. In addition, Octavia has a larger infotainment screen, plus wireless smartlink from Style trim onwards.

Those are really quite interesting and surprising trades... Never thought I'd see a 2021 launch in this price range without TPMS and front assist

12 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

The combi is 14k more. At 123k for the Octavia, makes it a much better deal than the scala.

11 hours ago, tjyand said:

hmm Kamiq and Scala costs 137k and 125k respectively (list price). As the Octavia is higher end than these 2 models, find it hard to believe its only 123k. if so then its a really good deal! 

11 hours ago, emman said:

VES banding plays a part in this as well, there's actually a fairly substantial price gap once you account for that

Here's the answer, by the friendly number man from MCF. Just don't ask me how I get the OMV of Octavia... :D  

M2zmQGU.png

As you can see, the VES rebate play a big part in the pricing of the new Octavia. Regardless of the price difference, Octavia is a better choice in almost every aspect. Go figure. [:)]

• Praise 22

51 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Here's the answer, by the friendly number man from MCF. Just don't ask me how I get the OMV of Octavia... :D  

M2zmQGU.png

As you can see, the VES rebate play a big part in the pricing of the new Octavia. Regardless of the price difference, Octavia is a better choice in almost every aspect. Go figure. [:)]

You are right, totally a no brainer. Now we know why the Octavia arrived much later than the scala and kamiq - it kinda renders those other models unattractive from the consumer`s perspective 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

M2zmQGU.png

If you had put the octavia ambition in at $123900. The gap to the scala ambition would probably be just $500/yr. Coupled with the slight better FC, the eventual gap would probably be $250-400/yr. 

thus my earlier point about why bother with the scala. 

• Praise 2

21 hours ago, tjyand said:

Totally agree with you and that's what I would do... Assuming I could afford to 😂

Ended up going with the outgoing Octavia at a sub100k price 👀

i know new model will be more ex so go with the outgoing model for better value. doesn't look as nice but got to make do lah

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, tjyand said:

You are right, totally a no brainer. Now we know why the Octavia arrived much later than the scala and kamiq - it kinda renders those other models unattractive from the consumer`s perspective 

there are people that don't like sedan looks, so will never choose octavia. 

(edited)

Quoting from Ricky Tay, MD of Skoda Singapore, in a recent interview -

[As to why the Combi wagon is being offered here, Tay says, “We always try to cater to all our customers in Singapore. There are cult followers and fans who like cars like the Combi and our RS models, and if we are able to negotiate with the factory and bring them in, even if it’s not a big volume, we will try to cover our customers’ requests and not deny them what they want.]

I believe the Scala falls into this category. It is not attractive from a price point perspective when compared to the Octavia. It is for those who wants a compact runabout (<4.4m) and does not want to scarify too much boot space (think 467L) and pace (think 150bhp).

I have to commend SCS for bringing in these 'niche' models.

Edited by Shouyi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2