2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

(edited)

personally, I do not like the direction that Skoda's designs are going. cos i lao unker 😁

Edited by Othello
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Octavia VRS (non-hybrid version)

skoda_octavia_rs_15_01d100001ca91580.jpg

skoda_octavia_rs_87_009700001dd81580.jpg

skoda_octavia_rs_combi_87_02f500001aa113

skoda_octavia_rs_combi_304_01a601bb19d31

Exactly four months after introducing the Octavia RS iV plug-in hybrid, Skoda is now unveiling the conventionally powered versions. Naturally, the gasoline and diesel derivatives look virtually the same as the electrified model, with the obvious removal of “iV” badging and the cap for the charging port on the front fender.

Essentially mirroring the Volkswagen Golf GTI and GTD, the Octavia RS in non-iV form can be had with a 2.0-liter TSI engine with 245 horsepower and 370 Newton-meters of torque. Available exclusively in front-wheel-drive form, the gasoline-fueled version can be had with a choice between a six-speed manual and an optional seven-speed DSG. In terms of performance, the 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) takes 6.7 seconds en route to a top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h).

If you’d rather get the diesel, the 2.0 TDI packs 200 hp (147 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft), thus making it the most powerful TDI-fueled Octavia ever built. It comes as standard with a FWD layout, but customers can spend extra on an AWD setup that enables a sprint in 6.8 seconds and a top speed of 151 mph (243 km/h). Bear in mind you can’t get the diesel with three pedals as Skoda will sell the Octavia RS TDI exclusively with the DSG.

All flavors of the RS come with progressive steering and a sport suspension boasting a multi-link rear setup, with the gasoline and diesel models featuring a -15 millimeter (-0.6 inches) ride height. At an additional cost, an optional electronically adaptable suspension (Dynamic Chassis Control) will be available. In the case of the TSI variant, a limited-slip differential comes with a wet multi-plate clutch.

Sitting at the top of the food chain, the RS models come generously equipped with the digital instrument cluster and the larger version of the infotainment system. In addition, they also get a standard center airbag (a first for Skoda), specific 18- and 19-inch wheels, exclusive LED fog lights, and black exterior accents.

The more aggressive bumpers, dual exhaust tips, and the rear spoiler are also an RS-only affair, along with Alcantara surfaces and faux carbon fiber accents on the inside where the body-hugging seats that can be upgraded to include a massaging function. The driver’s display and the infotainment each come with RS-specific graphics to further separate the performance versions from their lesser siblings.

Will be nice to see the DCC included in the local units and get rid of the 19 inch for 18inch to reduce cost . 

hopefully retain the VFM tag

• Praise 1

I find the lines and crease across the body  both modern and neat.

Current one design is rather dated and needs refreshing.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, Soya said:

Hope SCS wises up n bring in the RS combi

I also hope theynbring in with DCC.

They can keep out thev19 inch rims and sunroof to reduce the omv

• Praise 1

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I also hope theynbring in with DCC.

They can keep out thev19 inch rims and sunroof to reduce the omv

I don't mind the 19" coz the current 18" on the RS looks a little under-tyred.

I find DCC more of a novelty. My previous GTI had it n found Sport was too firm for daily use so left it in either Normal or Comfort (esp w more and more 3rd world, badly patched up roads nowadays...)

• Praise 1

Twincharged
39 minutes ago, Soya said:

I don't mind the 19" coz the current 18" on the RS looks a little under-tyred.

I find DCC more of a novelty. My previous GTI had it n found Sport was too firm for daily use so left it in either Normal or Comfort (esp w more and more 3rd world, badly patched up roads nowadays...)

Mkvi had not evolved enough. If you look at the current arteon with the revise J7 controllers, the setting is step driven and not just comfort , sports and normal.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Mkvi had not evolved enough. If you look at the current arteon with the revise J7 controllers, the setting is step driven and not just comfort , sports and normal.

I rented the Mk7.5 GTI in oz and dun recall the DCC got step setting leh. Is that the standard DCC setting on current VAG cars now? Or is it becoz the ah tiong has 4 Motion AWD?

Edited by Soya
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
11 hours ago, Soya said:

I rented the Mk7.5 GTI in oz and dun recall the DCC got step setting leh. Is that the standard DCC setting on current VAG cars now? Or is it becoz the ah tiong has 4 Motion AWD?

The Arteon has step settings with different J7 controllers.

The 7.5 was not introduced with it, unfortunately.

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 3/8/2021 at 6:26 PM, luqman87 said:

is this being discontinued in singpaore? see carmart like no more selling.

was sales that bad?

bro, the model we are discussing in this chat have not even been launched in Singapore. From the other skoda chat, it seems the old model has been sold out. 

Really hope they bring in the Combi model.

Better looking and more practical.  

Saw one put up by PI.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Really hope they bring in the Combi model.

Better looking and more practical.  

Saw one put up by PI.

Wow....skoda made the PI list? Well done

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Soya said:

Wow....skoda made the PI list? Well done

Skoda Octavia Combi VRS $160k from PI. Not cheap I would say. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Daniu82 said:

Skoda Octavia Combi VRS $160k from PI. Not cheap I would say. 

Same price as Tesla model 3. I know which I'd rather buy...

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Soya said:

Same price as Tesla model 3. I know which I'd rather buy...

the tesla? lol [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2