2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, AriesGoat said:

Yeah that’s the direction for now it seems. I’m sure it must be good as well. 

If it’s not on indent basis, it will canabalise the gti n that is already selling more than the previous R.

so if at 175k for the standard VRS not combi it’s slightly under the cupra Leon which is 195k before frenship price .. n the cupra comes in R engine of 310.

no brainer on which to go for at that price bracket 

right now with the 10gti that was collected, owners are already complaining on the stupid heated steering wheel button that can be accidentally turn on. 

the mi7.5 heated button was behind the steering wheel.

so it’s a given that the car prices unless moderated downwards for gti, it’s going to be a tough call.

but now that the combi is available, isn’t it time for those that long to buy, to start ordering?

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If it’s not on indent basis, it will canabalise the gti n that is already selling more than the previous R.

so if at 175k for the standard VRS not combi it’s slightly under the cupra Leon which is 195k before frenship price .. n the cupra comes in R engine of 310.

no brainer on which to go for at that price bracket 

right now with the 10gti that was collected, owners are already complaining on the stupid heated steering wheel button that can be accidentally turn on. 

the mi7.5 heated button was behind the steering wheel.

so it’s a given that the car prices unless moderated downwards for gti, it’s going to be a tough call.

but now that the combi is available, isn’t it time for those that long to buy, to start ordering?

Hmm combi for RS is not available, maybe you might have mixed it up. But good pointers bro! 

Supersonic
20 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Sounds like a good deal wor..

Screenshot_2021-07-25-16-42-06-09.png

That's a more realistic pricing for the Octavia given that they priced it too close to the Golf n only 10k less than a A3

• Praise 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, kurrent said:

@Shouyi I also find it priced attractive. Its a good ride however it is on torsion beam instead of multi link on the rear. 

thats where the savings is from.

@Sdf4786k agree with you. However people might choose Octavia due to the bigger boot space and leather seats as compare to the fabric seats from golf 8. But imo, i always feel VW is always priced higher as they are a level higher than skoda and seat. Whereas audi is the more premium vw. 

2 hours ago, kurrent said:

@Sdf4786k agree with you. However people might choose Octavia due to the bigger boot space and leather seats as compare to the fabric seats from golf 8. But imo, i always feel VW is always priced higher as they are a level higher than skoda and seat. Whereas audi is the more premium vw. 

To be fair, I drove a rental octavia Preface lift and could tell any noticeable difference in the ride quality.

But different folks , different strokes.

Some value "image" over functionality.

Some value perceive resale over the same stable of models.

To me, just buy some taobao seat cover (2 sets) and just swap out and wash occasionally.

But some stuff cannot be ignored.

Like space (if u have wheel chair bound) you will need to have on a very regular basis.

To me, as long as cost and functional similar, I go for a heavily discounted ones.

• Praise 2

i was one of the early birds to immediately drop everything on that day and go for a test drive when the octavia estate came up...

it is a very complete car.. it is really a good car.

but i did not succumb to it.. self-restraint strong! 🤪

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Sinicker said:

i was one of the early birds to immediately drop everything on that day and go for a test drive when the octavia estate came up...

After all that, your end credit scene anti climax....lol

3 hours ago, Sinicker said:

You can accept that seats stitching? That's super turn-off for me.

Edited by badlammy

On 8/2/2021 at 9:12 PM, Jumpmanz said:

How's the octavia estate pricing like now?

Before coe went down today, it’s $140,900 with some special to go with. 😁

On 8/4/2021 at 5:34 PM, AriesGoat said:

Before coe went down today, it’s $140,900 with some special to go with. 😁

Hi @ariesgoat, can pm latest offer for Octavia?