2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

54 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Past AD brought in the combi model. It is odd that this new AD despite having good response from the public asking for the combi, it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge and doesn't even want to try. The product manager needs to be fired 

😁

Two noodle shops.. one sell single type of noodles soup consist of simple ingredients, simple cooking method.. the other sell a wide varieties of noodles soup which need more ingredients and slightly more complication preparation and cooking method..

Which noodle shop make more money?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

PI can bring in and go thru the LTA homologation but AD told me that there is not enough volume to go thru it? Something that does not make sense to me.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Past AD brought in the combi model. It is odd that this new AD despite having good response from the public asking for the combi, it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge and doesn't even want to try. The product manager needs to be fired 

😁

Look what happened to the past AD.

12 minutes ago, Koster said:

PI can bring in and go thru the LTA homologation but AD told me that there is not enough volume to go thru it? Something that does not make sense to me.

The PI is more than happy to bring in 5 cars and sell for 10k profit each. The AD needs to bring in 50 and sell for 20k profit each. Might as well bring in 50 extra Golfs that sell themselves.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, flashbang said:

The PI is more than happy to bring in 5 cars and sell for 10k profit each. The AD needs to bring in 50 and sell for 20k profit each. Might as well bring in 50 extra Golfs that sell themselves.

PI sells like taopao and does not have to worry about the eco system for support. Once you are rear ended by the idiot into your Combi and AD don’t bring in this model. Good luck to bring in the replacement parts

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

PI sells like taopao and does not have to worry about the eco system for support. Once you are rear ended by the idiot into your Combi and AD don’t bring in this model. Good luck to bring in the replacement parts

I used to own a car which only has 5 units in singapore. The agent Eurokars also didnt carry the parts and had to order from stockists. Stockists also didnt carry the parts. In the end I bought it over the internet and managed to save quite a lot over AD and stockists.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Koster said:

I used to own a car which only has 5 units in singapore. The agent Eurokars also didnt carry the parts and had to order from stockists. Stockists also didnt carry the parts. In the end I bought it over the internet and managed to save quite a lot over AD and stockists.

Yeah .. can be a hassle ... if got plenty of time on your hand the savings is worth it.. but time is a commodity money cannot buy

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Koster said:

No issue if not critical, but if cannot drive then good luck. Imagine your car sit in workshop for weeks while the part slowly ships over.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, flashbang said:

Look what happened to the past AD.

Past ADs weren't backed by VW, but this AD is backed by VW and yet they are so constrain about bringing in their popular bodystyles. Afraid that VW sales will be affected?

2 hours ago, flashbang said:

No issue if not critical, but if cannot drive then good luck. Imagine your car sit in workshop for weeks while the part slowly ships over.

The point which i am trying to make it is even AD dont provide all the necessary  support then why they need the volume to bring in the combi? This is even more so when combi and sedan diff is only the butt?

It's just how business is. No big company is going to spend X amount of effort to bring in something that appeals to a niche crowd, when they can spend the same X amount of effort and bring in a car that appeals to the masses. You want a niche car, PIs will be more than happy to assist. 

If Eurokars willing to bring in 5 units of a car to sell, kudos to them. VW is not like Eurokars.

• Praise 3

NUMBER OF THE MONTH: 5

Header_cislo_mesice_5-3-1440x547.jpg

The number five alludes to the highest possible number of stars in Euro NCAP impact tests. All new ŠKODA models boast five-star ratings. Most recently, the fourth-generation ŠKODA OCTAVIA was awarded five out of five.

The new OCTAVIA was given a 92% rating for occupant protection, making it one of the safest compact models. And the 88% score in child occupant protection also makes it one of the highest-scoring vehicles.

The new generation of OCTAVIA models comes with extensive safety features and assistance systems that were previously confined to higher-range vehicles. For the very first time, a ŠKODA car features collision avoidance assist, turn assist and an exit warning system.

Octavia_Combi_EURONCAP-1440x960-1.jpg

The new ŠKODA OCTAVIA COMBI has achieved the maximum five-star rating in the Euro NCAP test, making it one of the safest compact models on the market.

The OCTAVIA has thus joined the successful ranks of five-star models from recent years. The new KAMIQ and SCALA models achieved the same result in 2019, while the KAROQ and KODIAQ SUVs had previously been awarded top marks.

190904-SKODA-KAMIQ-Euro-NCAP-results-144

SKODA-SCALA-scores-five-stars-in-Euro-NC

ŠKODA vehicles are among the safest on the market. Since 2009, the majority of the brand’s models have received top-rung assessments in Euro NCAP impact tests. What makes this result even more impressive is that the demands placed on vehicles and their safety features increase every year.

Founded in 1997, the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) is an organisation of transport ministries, automobile associations, insurance groups and research institutes from eight European countries. The organisation performs safety tests on new automobile models and evaluates their active and passive safety.

Number five is the latest in the Number of the Month serial. In this serial, ŠKODA Storyboard regularly presents interesting facts and figures about ŠKODA vehicles – their history, present and future – or about goings-on in the company ŠKODA, focusing on a particular number.

• Praise 8

21 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

NUMBER OF THE MONTH: 5

Header_cislo_mesice_5-3-1440x547.jpg

The number five alludes to the highest possible number of stars in Euro NCAP impact tests. All new ŠKODA models boast five-star ratings. Most recently, the fourth-generation ŠKODA OCTAVIA was awarded five out of five.

The new OCTAVIA was given a 92% rating for occupant protection, making it one of the safest compact models. And the 88% score in child occupant protection also makes it one of the highest-scoring vehicles.

The new generation of OCTAVIA models comes with extensive safety features and assistance systems that were previously confined to higher-range vehicles. For the very first time, a ŠKODA car features collision avoidance assist, turn assist and an exit warning system.

Octavia_Combi_EURONCAP-1440x960-1.jpg

The new ŠKODA OCTAVIA COMBI has achieved the maximum five-star rating in the Euro NCAP test, making it one of the safest compact models on the market.

The OCTAVIA has thus joined the successful ranks of five-star models from recent years. The new KAMIQ and SCALA models achieved the same result in 2019, while the KAROQ and KODIAQ SUVs had previously been awarded top marks.

SKODA-SCALA-scores-five-stars-in-Euro-NC

ŠKODA vehicles are among the safest on the market. Since 2009, the majority of the brand’s models have received top-rung assessments in Euro NCAP impact tests. What makes this result even more impressive is that the demands placed on vehicles and their safety features increase every year.

Founded in 1997, the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) is an organisation of transport ministries, automobile associations, insurance groups and research institutes from eight European countries. The organisation performs safety tests on new automobile models and evaluates their active and passive safety.

Number five is the latest in the Number of the Month serial. In this serial, ŠKODA Storyboard regularly presents interesting facts and figures about ŠKODA vehicles – their history, present and future – or about goings-on in the company ŠKODA, focusing on a particular number.

What makes this result even more impressive is that the demands placed on vehicles and their safety features increase every year

more interestingly, if you use the same NCAP 5 star rated vehicle from the previous test version against  the new NCAP test requirement, it may result in 3 star rating.

Many perceive NCAP as a observe results of the crash and how strong the vehicle structure is.

While that is true, if the vehicle that was tested results in stronger then usual strength and piercing into the other vehicle OR causing a higher level of pedestrian injury, the rating could fall.

So it must be strong enough , yet feels like a sponge when coming into contact with another vehicle.

Dont really gel with my process, but hey, its their NCAP safety framework and I know nuts about car engineering.

Edited by Sdf4786k

4 hours ago, bemywife said:

how much discount can i ask for if buying a 245RS?

Asking is one thing.. getting is another..

buying car is the most complex thing u encounter here in Singapore.. they got complex spreed sheet to calculate the discount level base on factor as loan, trade in, insurance, freebies and how hungry they are 😂

for me they din give outright discount but took in my trade in car few k more

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4