2020 4th Generation Skoda Octavia

Carbon82

27 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Haha just saying la.. now need to tilt the vents up to blow your face.

I'm actually quite particular about how the aircon vents must not be blowing at my face or body. Some cars is really very hard to adjust to a point where this happens AND is not fogging up the windows [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

27 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I'm actually quite particular about how the aircon vents must not be blowing at my face or body. Some cars is really very hard to adjust to a point where this happens AND is not fogging up the windows [laugh]

if don't blow on your face or body, where can it blow?? hands and legs?

5 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

if don't blow on your face or body, where can it blow?? hands and legs?

i usually vent it all upwards. Unless it's a really hot day or I'm sweaty after my running. 
I only like indirect cooling haha.

Same with all AC and fans etc. That's why i don't like ceiling fans.

• Praise 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:18 AM, Carbon82 said:

I am just doing an apple-to-apple comparison between the 2 (since you are the one who pointed out some similarities between both). The same can be said for Skoda, as the local AD is unlikely to bring in the full spec version for cost and pricing reasons.

But just by the simple photo comparison (basing on similar specs), I guess many would be able to tell which is the winner without blinking an eye. Price and sales volume is a separate issue here due to tax reasons and some perceptual issue.

I do however have high hope for the new model, not because I am a fan boy, but for its practicality. To begin with, the size of the latest Octavia is already in the territory of the Mark II Superb, which I have owned for close to 4.5 years.

2020-skoda-octavia-94.jpg

superb_2_ft.jpg

Why is Toyota even in this thread?

Should be in Mazda , Honda n Nissan territory lei..

The drive and the feel of the cabin got diff lei....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Same, sometimes i like to blow it directly on my hands while it's on the steering, but at that lower position, not sure if it's quite possible

39 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Why not? The Altis is the natural competitor to the Octavia esp in SG although Altis engines options are totally out classed even b4 the comparison started. 

Mazda 3 is so much smaller, you need Mazda 6 to compare, the current FC Civic...only the 1.5T is worth the look, but the pricing is not to Honda's favor

Nissan?! You sure you wanna use that antique > 10 yr old Bluebird Slyphy to compare with Octavia? :D The Slyphy is outta its league in every category except maybe on the selling price. But the car OMV is very low, so its not a necessary you are getting a great deal by spending so much money on such antique platforms. 

47 minutes ago, Freeder said:

For me the rear looks a bit like Camry, in terms of cabin feel, probably Mz6 comes the closest. The rest of the Jap cars can stand 1 corner..

11 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Why not? The Altis is the natural competitor to the Octavia esp in SG although Altis engines options are totally out classed even b4 the comparison started. 

Mazda 3 is so much smaller, you need Mazda 6 to compare, the current FC Civic...only the 1.5T is worth the look, but the pricing is not to Honda's favor

Nissan?! You sure you wanna use that antique > 10 yr old Bluebird Slyphy to compare with Octavia? :D The Slyphy is outta its league in every category except maybe on the selling price. But the car OMV is very low, so its not a necessary you are getting a great deal by spending so much money on such antique platforms. 

Ok.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

i usually vent it all upwards. Unless it's a really hot day or I'm sweaty after my running. 
I only like indirect cooling haha.

Same with all AC and fans etc. That's why i don't like ceiling fans.

I thought most people like aircon or fan to blow directly at them de. Thought i am the only odd one out which dont like it to blow directly at me. Now i find another odd person also same like me. :D 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Why no estate version?... hmmm.... 

probably wagons/estate not very popular in sg.

personally i feel that our carparks generally is a bitc* for big cars like huge suvs or longer cars. you will end up with having to squeeze out from the side doors or with the front of your car sticking out of the lot. 

40 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

probably wagons/estate not very popular in sg.

personally i feel that our carparks generally is a bitc* for big cars like huge suvs or longer cars. you will end up with having to squeeze out from the side doors or with the front of your car sticking out of the lot. 

especially the older shopping mall like katong shopping mall. 3 lots can either park 3 honda jazz or 2 audi a6.

but then also, cars are getting bigger these days. have to go newer shopping malls for bigger lots haha

On 11/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, Koster said:

1 tip for car designers - chut a 1 spoke steering wheel in future then others cannot accuse u of copying.

Nong nong ago already got 1 spoke steering wheel leh!

7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I too would adjust the a/c vent away from my body. I do not like the direct cold air blowing at me. I would like it to circulate. 

47 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Nong nong ago already got 1 spoke steering wheel leh!

Not practical in today's auto world for you need to have enuf wheel boss space to store the airbag. 

Back then no airbags so the spokes could be narrowed to 1 spoke only

2 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Not practical in today's auto world for you need to have enuf wheel boss space to store the airbag. 

Back then no airbags so the spokes could be narrowed to 1 spoke only

I think it is not what motorists prefer or it is not the trend now. To incorporate all the steering controls plus air bag, it takes quite a big space.