[Official] 2020 Toyota Raize / Daihatsu Rocky / Perodua Ativa / Subaru Rex

Carbon82

Supposedly the replacement model of the ever popular JDM Toyota Rush / Daihatsu Be-Go. To be launched in Japan on 5 Nov.

All+New+2020+TOYOTA+RAIZE+%253A+RISE+%25

Quick Spec

Dimension: 3,995mm (L) x 1,695mm (W) x 1,620mm (H)

Engine: 1.0L Turbo Charged 3 Cylinder

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

No true bro. This one, for some reasons, Perodua has designers stationed in Daihaitsu  Japan to style this tiny crossover.

It will be the new 2020 Perodua Kambara. 

The Rush is just a SE Asia market only XL Avanza... aka Perodua Aruz. Another dangerous and downright underpowered 1.5L ladder frame POS designed with min cost. 

image.thumb.png.26bda787e51613428267251df3b038e3.png

• Praise 2

Due to Toyota's marketing strategy (for Toyota as well as Daihatsu), there are some confusion over the model name in some case, and Rush is one of them.

In Japan, Toyota Rush and Daihatsu Be-Go is a compact SUV, whereas in ASEAN, the Rush and Terios name plate has been used on the Avanza based MPV / Crossover. In fact, even before the introduction of the 2017 ASEAN Rush / Terios, the old ASEAN Rush & Terios is basically the LWB of JDM version (7 seater variant), although there are also 5 seater model available at selected market.

JDM Toyota Rush (2006 - 2016)

autowp.ru_toyota_rush_27.jpg

autowp.ru_toyota_rush_29.jpg

ASEAN Toyota Rush (2010 - 2018)

autowp.ru_toyota_rush_2.jpg

autowp.ru_toyota_rush_7.jpg

JDM Daihatsu Be-Go (2006 - 2016)

daihatsu_be-go_3.jpg

ASEAN Daihatsu Terios (2010 - 2018)

autowp.ru_daihatsu_terios_advantage_1.jp

And if that is not confusing enough, there is also the 5 seater Perodua Nautica (2008 - 2010).autowp.ru_perodua_nautica_3.jpg

autowp.ru_perodua_nautica_4.jpg

• Praise 13

The rebadged Nautica was a short lived product. 

Anyway that new Daihatsu will be the new Kembara. And just like the current Rush that's I've shown above, it will be built by Perodua and badged as a Daihatsu or Toyota as per market needs

Unlikely it will come to SG la.  

47 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

No true bro. This one, for some reasons, Perodua has designers stationed in Daihaitsu  Japan to style this tiny crossover.

It will be the new 2020 Perodua Kambara. 

The Rush is just a SE Asia market only XL Avanza... aka Perodua Aruz. Another dangerous and downright underpowered 1.5L ladder frame POS designed with min cost.

As usual, the new JDM Toyota Raize will have a twin to be known as Daihatsu Rocky (same as the concept car in that youtube video you have posted).

daihatsu-rocky-spy-shot_74.jpg

daihatsu-rocky-spy-shot_2497.jpg

daihatsu-rocky-spy-shot_1854.png

And given the past relationship between Toyota, Daihatsu & Perodua, the JDM twin is very likely to have a Perodua version, and the Kembara nameplate is quite a natural choice.

1st Gen Perodua Kembara vs 1st Gen Daihatsu Terios

54544344-chiangmai-thailand-february-29-

autowp.ru_daihatsu_terios_plus_uk-spec_1

In short, the Rush nameplate will remain for ASEAN market (Aruz in Daihatsu case), while Terios is likely to remain for EU Daihatsu model and thus the need to create a new identity for the JDM compact SUV, Raize & Rocky, for Toyota & Daihatsu.

OK, end of my automotive history lesson.:D:D

• Praise 9

24 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Anyway that new Daihatsu will be the new Kembara. And just like the current Rush that's I've shown above, it will be built by Perodua and badged as a Daihatsu or Toyota as per market nee

Let me summarized for you.

New Toyota Raize, Daihatsu Rocky will be built in Japan for their local market, and PI to export to other part of the world. So for those who are keen, check out with the PI... Don't think BM will have it on their local product lineup.

In Malaysia, the Raize/Rocky will bear the Kembara nameplate under Perodua arm, and will be assembled in Malaysia (of course, if not where else), but likely to be available only from mid 2020 or even later. And yes, given the current vehicle tax structure and COE premium, very unlikely the local AD will bring it in (hard to fight with PI on pricing, let alone the different brand).

• Praise 8

16 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Backside really like MYVI

Like I said earlier, Perodua designers were stationed at Daihatsu Japan for this project and they did co designed this Rocky. Hence the Myvi rear end... 

And since it is destined to be the next kambara, they need to have some form of family resemblence

23 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Anyway that new Daihatsu will be the new Kembara. And just like the current Rush that's I've shown above, it will be built by Perodua and badged as a Daihatsu or Toyota as per market needs

Naughty car? No wonder shortlived...:secret-laugh:

I think small subcompact SUVs will sell fairly ok in singapore.
Kia Stonic sold pretty well.

Look at C-HR quite a number on the road, though it isn't exactly cheap.
Think the PIs will be able to sell quite a number.

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think small subcompact SUVs will sell fairly ok in singapore.
Kia Stonic sold pretty well.

Look at C-HR quite a number on the road, though it isn't exactly cheap.
Think the PIs will be able to sell quite a number.

There is a chance Perodua may sell this in SG since they need some modern updated products to sell in this country. The Bezza is a non starter and the Myvi is all alone. 

Since Daihaitsu no longer on sale in SG, and it is highly unlikely BM will sell this (it needs to be built in Thailand if BM can bring it in. And it will make the overpriced and under specced CHR unsellable) 

So Perodua remains the most likely candidate. But it remains to be seen if Perodua version comes with the 1L turbo as shown or they continue to use the Myvi 1.5L NA. Myvi 1.5L is much simpler and it can withstand the abuse of using lousy engine oil and crap Euro 2 fuel. Rem, full syn engine oil of 20- 30wt are still rare and very expensive over there. 

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

There is a chance Perodua may sell this in SG since they need some modern updated products to sell in this country. The Bezza is a non starter and the Myvi is all alone. 

Since Daihaitsu no longer on sale in SG, and it is highly unlikely BM will sell this (it needs to be built in Thailand if BM can bring it in. And it will make the overpriced and under specced CHR unsellable) 

So Perodua remains the most likely candidate. But it remains to be seen if Perodua version comes with the 1L turbo as shown or they continue to use the Myvi 1.5L NA. Myvi 1.5L is much simpler and it can withstand the abuse of using lousy engine oil and crap Euro 2 fuel. Rem, full syn engine oil of 20- 30wt are still rare and very expensive over there. 

Maybe TMAP kills C-HR and replaces it with Raize.

Perodua Service center uses 20wt EO which is available on Lazada MY.

This NZ engine can be high revving if you feed it with RON100

22 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Maybe TMAP kills C-HR and replaces it with Raize.

Perodua Service center uses 20wt EO which is available on Lazada MY.

This NZ engine can be high revving if you feed it with RON100

True, becos this 1.5L is also used in the POS Avanza as well. And since its a van platform, the 4AT has super short ratios and 100km/h saw the engine spinning at a dizzy 3500rpm in OD. 😞 So that engine needs to be able to rev freely or else there is little chance for the Avanza to go any faster... not that you would. 

I know its available, but pls take a look at the oil prices... way more ex than we buy and use here. 

Something I don't quite understand with the naming of this compact SUV by Toyota.

Raize, in Latviin, means Worry, Concern:we-all-gonna-die:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 3