[Official] 2020 Toyota Raize / Daihatsu Rocky / Perodua Ativa / Subaru Rex

Carbon82

On 11/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, TheCarDealer said:

Like most dealer who pre-sell their cars, OMV are based on estimation. Car haven't clear SG Customs where does the dealer get the actual OMV to price the car to sell?

The physical car is not in SG, heck not even on JP roads. Is the buyer well informed of the actual specs? Even a Honda Shuttle has LED, Keyless, Electronic Start Stop & the fog lights as optional. 2018 FL Shuttle Honda Sensing is also optional. 

Dealer priority is to collect deposit, bid COE first to secure the deal. Then when actual car arrive with the wrong specs, play the tai ji game because agreement never indicate LED, never indicate Sensing this and that.

As for the VES rebate, you don't have to look far back. Remember the 2019 FL Shuttle Petrol? Most dealers took in pre orders assuming that its entitled to $10k rebate. 

When the car arrive, rmb most were graded as Neutral? Some even have to write in to LTA to extend their expiring COE. After more than 6 months of ding dong, finally pass the VES. 

You should know better than me how some fly by night dealers work, Miguel. 

Bro, you may want to rephrase that? :D Daihatsu dealers in JDM have already received their stocks and the cars are all ready for sale and test drive. Rem, in most other countries except ours, buying a new car is a near instant deal. You just select the unit you want on site and get it registered immediately and you can drive it home liao. 

Only in SG that u need to wait for weeks if not months for a low end econobox AFTER paying your booking fee and you have to stress if you got your COE or not. 

https://youtu.be/_zHTmX3Mtxg

Edited by Cheefarn
↡ Advertisement

PI price is $70K and up.
Seems like a replacement for Toyota Rush.

But see the specs like not very adequate. LOL.

The vitara turbo seems more appealing for sub compact suv.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

PI price is $70K and up.
Seems like a replacement for Toyota Rush.

But see the specs like not very adequate. LOL.

The vitara turbo seems more appealing for sub compact suv.

its about 80-90k. thats the rough quote from the PIs.

no way for 70k, more like $79999

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Bro, you may want to rephrase that? :D Daihatsu dealers in JDM have already received their stocks and the cars are all ready for sale and test drive. Rem, in most other countries except ours, buying a new car is a near instant deal. You just select the unit you want on site and get it registered immediately and you can drive it home liao. 

Only in SG that u need to wait for weeks if not months for a low end econobox AFTER paying your booking fee and you have to stress if you got your COE or not. 

https://youtu.be/_zHTmX3Mtxg

Wah lan eh bro, i type one long essay you pick up 1 sentence. My bad if what you mention is true. My antenna not long enough to know that its already on JP roads. What i posted will offend dealers who are pre-selling, or registering interest in this new model notably V*nC*r, J*p*ter Ent*pris*, but i'm just speaking the truth. Peace.

• Haha! 2

51 minutes ago, TheCarDealer said:

Wah lan eh bro, i type one long essay you pick up 1 sentence. My bad if what you mention is true. My antenna not long enough to know that its already on JP roads. What i posted will offend dealers who are pre-selling, or registering interest in this new model notably V*nC*r, J*p*ter Ent*pris*, but i'm just speaking the truth. Peace.

no offence taken bro 🙂

• Praise 1

this engine should be the 1KR-VET right... a bit down on power and torque compare to other similar 1.0T which are producing 110+ hp... but i guess knowing toyota lower power output comes with reliability reasons

On 12/4/2019 at 5:59 PM, Spoony said:

This raize is now over 80k +  

I saw JXX Automobile pricing them at $79,888. Dunno what's the catch though.

48 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

same engine but made in MY? don't have confidence in the assemble plants there. 

Toyota Raize

Daihatsu Rocky

Perodua D55L

You compare Attrage vs MYVI lo

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

same engine but made in MY? don't have confidence in the assemble plants there. 

Bro, Perodua assembly plant is fully supervised by Daihatsu

FYI, the Myvi is badged as a Daihatsu Sirlion steak in Indonesia... Quality has no issue at all. 

Perodua also build the Toyota Rush for many SE Asia markets. Perodua Aruz=Toyota Rush but with like RM$25k -30k discount.

Perodua Bezza is aka Toyota Etios in India...

Do google ard for more info. 

Edited by Cheefarn

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Toyota Raize

Daihatsu Rocky

Perodua D55L

You compare Attrage vs MYVI lo

Attrage build quality and the overall sloppy and cheap layout makes it a lot worse than the Myvi

The current Myvi is not bad at all. Too bad of our stupid taxes and COE, else it should be a great buy. 

• Praise 2

21 hours ago, mikk123 said:

should be lower. wait for more PI jump into the pool

Wait for Perodua to bring in this model. It should be alot cheaper than buying from PI... and prob better spec too. 

Just giving u guys some perspective of what Perodua can offer as compared to the CMI Proton. Low end 3rd world country specific Toyota and Honda models may not necessary be clear winner in this case.   

This car sounds quite underpowered even by turbocharged standards. I mean 98bhp is kinda acceptable if the torque is adequate but 140Nm seems kinda low paired with a CVT. Anyone has any idea of the performance specs for this?