[Official] 2020 Toyota Raize / Daihatsu Rocky / Perodua Ativa / Subaru Rex

Carbon82

40 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

True, becos this 1.5L is also used in the POS Avanza as well. And since its a van platform, the 4AT has super short ratios and 100km/h saw the engine spinning at a dizzy 3500rpm in OD. 😞 So that engine needs to be able to rev freely or else there is little chance for the Avanza to go any faster... not that you would. 

I know its available, but pls take a look at the oil prices... way more ex than we buy and use here. 

With RON100, I could hold 4k RPM from gear 1 to 3.

When hit gear 3, 100km/h liao.

As i don't use 20wt oil, what's the price?

On Lazada MY, it is RM91 for 3L

↡ Advertisement

51 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Something I don't quite understand with the naming of this compact SUV by Toyota.

Raize, in Latviin, means Worry, Concern:we-all-gonna-die:

Pajero= a bad word in Spanish

Camaro= a kind of crayfish in spanish

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

nice .. but the 3 cyl vibration as well as the load will create a higher wear and tear rate , No?

3 cyl need 1 counterbalancing shaft

56 minutes ago, Hotnyh said:

I wonder if Daihatsu can make a bit of a come back with this car... or if they've completely left the S'pore market. 

Very unlikely to return. They have no unique cars other than K cars from which to export from Japan.

This Rocky will be a Perodua Kembara when it is released here. The current Myvi is badged as a Daihatsu Sirlion steak in Indonesia. :D Perodua Aruz is aka as Toyota Rush in 3rd world markets. 

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Very unlikely to return. They have no unique cars other than K cars from which to export from Japan.

This Rocky will be a Perodua Kembara when it is released here. The current Myvi is badged as a Daihatsu Sirlion steak in Indonesia. :D Perodua Aruz is aka as Toyota Rush in 3rd world markets. 

they were the first if not one of the first with a 1.0 T 3 cylinder hot hatch GTTi

6 hours ago, Hotnyh said:

I wonder if Daihatsu can make a bit of a come back with this car... or if they've completely left the S'pore market. 

I seriously hope STS can make a come back with this car, provided that LTA don't slap a $10K - $20K VES surcharge on this cutie (just the 1st batch of Suzuki Jimny!)

Talking about Suzuki, is it just me, but I do find the new Rocky resemble the current Vitara, in term of form factor...

daihatsu_rocky_99_03d807c50e5109ab.jpg

suzuki_vitara_katana_84_051204410d4008de

daihatsu_rocky_6_0976051610340c0f.jpg

suzuki_vitara_katana_57_00e500b313a30d4a

Specifications of Rocky / Raize

Ext. Dimensions: 3,995mm (L) x 1,695mm (W) x 1,620mm (H)

Int. Dimensions: 1,955mm (L) x 1,420mm (W) x 1,250mm (H)

Wheelbase: 2,525mm

Tread: 1,475mm (F) / 1,470mm (R)

Ground Clearance: 185mm

Engine: 996cc 3 Cylinder Turbo-Charged

Max. Horsepower: 98ps / 6,000rpm

Max. Torque: 140Nm / 2,400 - 4,000rpm

Gearbox: CVT

Fuel Consumption (JC08): 22.8 - 23.4 Km/L [21.2 Km/L - 4WD]

Fuel Consumption (WLTC) 22.8 - 23.4 Km/L [ 17.4Km/L - 4WD]

• Praise 7

SG really doesn't need another b n b brand. And Daihatsu street cred wasn't that good even though its a rebadged Toyota. 

Anyway a single model only offering will not make STS a proper AD. You will be far better off and save more money by buying from PI. I am sure some PI will bring in either the Rocky or the Raize

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

it is aimed at vezel- SG national car i guess. it will be interesting to see the two compared...

This thing is smaller than the Vezel... Its one step below the CHR. Very tiny car really

Seems like people are not learning from past experience. Came across a post where a dealer is taking in pre-order for the Toyota Raize with $2000 booking fee refundable if the customer is not satisfied after viewing the actual car when it arrive.

Not too sure about 14 cars sold in 5 days for Jan 1st batch delivery. What happened to the 2019 facelift Honda Shuttle will happen with the Raize too.

No OMV, no actual specs, VES rebate haven't confirm how to work out a selling price?
$2000 x 20 units = $40,000. Lots of red flag spotted.

5th November 2019 debut, ready for delivery end of Jan? I'm predicting most people who pre-ordered the Raize will be making noise on social media.

札幌の路上で. 🙂:D 

Looks really small to me. Whats the point in today's world where everything is bigger, wider, longer and more powerful?

Edited by Cheefarn

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

image.thumb.png.1143296c3d761b044099f70b7b5c13f8.png

Well done...Vincar. This is truly the leader who takes the lead. 

Always wait till u see the actual cars and specs 1st if you want to buy from PI. And make sure the unit u are looking at is VITA ready. 

• Praise 2

On 11/13/2019 at 3:12 PM, TheCarDealer said:

Seems like people are not learning from past experience. Came across a post where a dealer is taking in pre-order for the Toyota Raize with $2000 booking fee refundable if the customer is not satisfied after viewing the actual car when it arrive.

Not too sure about 14 cars sold in 5 days for Jan 1st batch delivery. What happened to the 2019 facelift Honda Shuttle will happen with the Raize too.

No OMV, no actual specs, VES rebate haven't confirm how to work out a selling price?
$2000 x 20 units = $40,000. Lots of red flag spotted.

5th November 2019 debut, ready for delivery end of Jan? I'm predicting most people who pre-ordered the Raize will be making noise on social media.

How you know no omv, no actual specs, ves rebates ?
Did you check with the Dealer or just because they did not state means dun have ?

3 hours ago, vinmig said:

How you know no omv, no actual specs, ves rebates ?
Did you check with the Dealer or just because they did not state means dun have ?

Like most dealer who pre-sell their cars, OMV are based on estimation. Car haven't clear SG Customs where does the dealer get the actual OMV to price the car to sell?

The physical car is not in SG, heck not even on JP roads. Is the buyer well informed of the actual specs? Even a Honda Shuttle has LED, Keyless, Electronic Start Stop & the fog lights as optional. 2018 FL Shuttle Honda Sensing is also optional. 

Dealer priority is to collect deposit, bid COE first to secure the deal. Then when actual car arrive with the wrong specs, play the tai ji game because agreement never indicate LED, never indicate Sensing this and that.

As for the VES rebate, you don't have to look far back. Remember the 2019 FL Shuttle Petrol? Most dealers took in pre orders assuming that its entitled to $10k rebate. 

When the car arrive, rmb most were graded as Neutral? Some even have to write in to LTA to extend their expiring COE. After more than 6 months of ding dong, finally pass the VES. 

You should know better than me how some fly by night dealers work, Miguel. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1