2020 Toyota GranAce Premium

Carbon82

Move aside Alphard and Vellfire, this is the new King in large size MPV segment. But honestly, it look more like a Hiace passenger van to me, than a luxurious full size MPV.

toyota_granace_9_00d6012a0cd108cc.jpg

toyota_granace_011200000ce809a9.jpg

toyota_granace_3_017600000c200913.jpg

toyota_granace_38.jpg

toyota_granace_5.jpg

toyota_granace_8.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_059e000018d61224.

toyota_granace_premium_2_01b7033e12d90e6

toyota_granace_premium_5_01dc000015600e9

toyota_granace_premium_3.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_4.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_6.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_9.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_7.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_65.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_99.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_93.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_8.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_96.jpg

A full-size wagon, the new Granace commands outstanding presence, making full use of the broad 5.3 meters in length and 1.97 meters in width as a high-quality and comfortable interior space. Adopting a semi-bonnet package, two types of seating arrangements are available: the six-seater with seats in three rows of two, and the eight-seater with seats in four rows of two. The Granace features high-quality performance, delivering sophisticated riding comfort, superior control stability, and a spacious interior.

Main features

Exterior style that realizes "overwhelming presence and luxury"
The large radiator grille embellished with metallic accents flows seamlessly into the headlamps, which project in vertical and horizontal directions, realizing a gorgeous and bold face. The distinctive LED daytime running lamps*6 pierce the headlamps, and together with the projective twin-lens LED headlamps that flow into the decorative chrome frame, express sophistication suitable for luxury cars.

"High quality" and "gorgeous" cockpit space
The black-infused instrument panel creates a luxurious atmosphere, featuring metallic accents on the air-conditioner outlets and wood-grain embellishment in front of the front passenger seat. The meter hood is wrapped in leather and genuine stitching further lends an air of quality.

High-quality space with hospitality in mind leverages spaciousness
- In addition to the three-row six-seater, a four-row eight-seater is also available to meet the wide ranging needs of users.
- The four seats comprising the second and third rows feature leather captain seats designed for complete relaxation provide a high-quality interior space. In addition to comfortable seating, the new model is equipped with a long slide mechanism and an ottoman mechanism in and other amenities that enhance convenience and comfort.
- Wood grain decorations flow from the back of the front seats toward the side trim as if to wrap rear seat passengers in comfort. The LED side color illumination is gently lit, further expressing an elegant and calm quality.

Sophisticated high-quality performance
- Adopted front-wheel drive layout. Equipped with a 1GD 2.8-liter clean diesel engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, achieving smooth and torque-strong driving from low speeds.
- The newly developed trailing-link rigid-axle suspension is used for the rear suspension. The high rigidity body, including the adoption of a ring-shaped frame, achieves a luxurious, comfortable ride with stable handling.
- Thorough vibration and sound insulation measures provide a serene quietness suitable for luxury wagons in various road environments.

Enhanced advanced equipment
- Comes standard with the latest version of Toyota Safety Sense, featuring improved sensing functions that make use of the pre-collision safety system that detects pedestrians during the day and at night, as well as cyclists during the day.
- Fully equipped with safety equipment for safety and peace of mind such as Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Parking Support Brakes (Stationary Objects) that helps reduce and/or mitigate damage from collisions during low-speed driving in parking lots, etc.
- Equipped with advanced Display Audio (DA). The smartphone linkage function including SDL allows customers to connect with smartphones and operate map applications and music via touch screen display.

Specifications

Ext. Dimensions: 5,300mm (L) x 1,970mm (W) x 1,990mm (H)

Wheelbase: 3,210mm

Tread: 1,670mm (F) / 1,670mm (R)

Int. Dimensions: 3,290mm (L) x 1,735mm (W) x 1,290mm (H)

Engine: 2,754cc Clean Diesel

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Well, I guess I am right, as this is actually based on the latest Hiace Commuter...

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._7_0191018d0770

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._4_02b0016906dd

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._035401b806df04

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._6_0411018d05d0

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._57.jpg

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._3.jpg

toyota_hiace_commuter_gl._56.jpg

So the million dollar question: Will there be a Lexus version soon? XLM?

• Praise 6

Saw this in Bangkok recently. Really huge even by western standards. I wonder if it can fit into our MSCP lots anymore. 

Lets see if BM will bring it in. The current super old HiAce is EOL  

15 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Saw this in Bangkok recently. Really huge even by western standards. I wonder if it can fit into our MSCP lots anymore. 

Lets see if BM will bring it in. The current super old HiAce is EOL  

Frankly, I don't see any market with this GranAce for Singapore. The smaller Alphard and Vellfire is already too big for some.

At 1.99m height and 1.97m, I would say it is better for PA/PB/PC/PD driver to handle it, and confirm most MSCP (with height limit of 1.7m - 2.0m) will be out of bound to this monster.

But, I do see market for it in say Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, etc. where limo service providers are currently using the Hiace Commuter to fetch their VIP / VVIP. I for one will opt to be in a GranAce when say I am in Philippines for work.[cool]

• Praise 7

Wah, the only thing missing is the toilet cum shower. Fix a projector, wifi, etc and you can rent your entire flat out.

Or alternatively permanent parking at east coast park carpark. Ppl got tent, you got your mpv.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Move aside Alphard and Vellfire, this is the new King in large size MPV segment. But honestly, it look more like a Hiace passenger van to me, than a luxurious full size MPV.

toyota_granace_9_00d6012a0cd108cc.jpg

toyota_granace_011200000ce809a9.jpg

toyota_granace_3_017600000c200913.jpg

toyota_granace_38.jpg

toyota_granace_5.jpg

toyota_granace_8.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_059e000018d61224.

toyota_granace_premium_2_01b7033e12d90e6

toyota_granace_premium_5_01dc000015600e9

toyota_granace_premium_3.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_4.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_6.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_9.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_7.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_65.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_99.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_93.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_8.jpg

toyota_granace_premium_96.jpg

A full-size wagon, the new Granace commands outstanding presence, making full use of the broad 5.3 meters in length and 1.97 meters in width as a high-quality and comfortable interior space. Adopting a semi-bonnet package, two types of seating arrangements are available: the six-seater with seats in three rows of two, and the eight-seater with seats in four rows of two. The Granace features high-quality performance, delivering sophisticated riding comfort, superior control stability, and a spacious interior.

Main features

Exterior style that realizes "overwhelming presence and luxury"
The large radiator grille embellished with metallic accents flows seamlessly into the headlamps, which project in vertical and horizontal directions, realizing a gorgeous and bold face. The distinctive LED daytime running lamps*6 pierce the headlamps, and together with the projective twin-lens LED headlamps that flow into the decorative chrome frame, express sophistication suitable for luxury cars.

"High quality" and "gorgeous" cockpit space
The black-infused instrument panel creates a luxurious atmosphere, featuring metallic accents on the air-conditioner outlets and wood-grain embellishment in front of the front passenger seat. The meter hood is wrapped in leather and genuine stitching further lends an air of quality.

High-quality space with hospitality in mind leverages spaciousness
- In addition to the three-row six-seater, a four-row eight-seater is also available to meet the wide ranging needs of users.
- The four seats comprising the second and third rows feature leather captain seats designed for complete relaxation provide a high-quality interior space. In addition to comfortable seating, the new model is equipped with a long slide mechanism and an ottoman mechanism in and other amenities that enhance convenience and comfort.
- Wood grain decorations flow from the back of the front seats toward the side trim as if to wrap rear seat passengers in comfort. The LED side color illumination is gently lit, further expressing an elegant and calm quality.

Sophisticated high-quality performance
- Adopted front-wheel drive layout. Equipped with a 1GD 2.8-liter clean diesel engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, achieving smooth and torque-strong driving from low speeds.
- The newly developed trailing-link rigid-axle suspension is used for the rear suspension. The high rigidity body, including the adoption of a ring-shaped frame, achieves a luxurious, comfortable ride with stable handling.
- Thorough vibration and sound insulation measures provide a serene quietness suitable for luxury wagons in various road environments.

Enhanced advanced equipment
- Comes standard with the latest version of Toyota Safety Sense, featuring improved sensing functions that make use of the pre-collision safety system that detects pedestrians during the day and at night, as well as cyclists during the day.
- Fully equipped with safety equipment for safety and peace of mind such as Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Parking Support Brakes (Stationary Objects) that helps reduce and/or mitigate damage from collisions during low-speed driving in parking lots, etc.
- Equipped with advanced Display Audio (DA). The smartphone linkage function including SDL allows customers to connect with smartphones and operate map applications and music via touch screen display.

Specifications

Ext. Dimensions: 5,300mm (L) x 1,970mm (W) x 1,990mm (H)

Wheelbase: 3,210mm

Tread: 1,670mm (F) / 1,670mm (R)

Int. Dimensions: 3,290mm (L) x 1,735mm (W) x 1,290mm (H)

Engine: 2,754cc Clean Diesel

Too big for a typical singapore  family. And one thing, I just hope the Japanese  could be more artistic with their design. They should learn from their European  competitors how to design better looking MPV.

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Wah, the only thing missing is the toilet cum shower. Fix a projector, wifi, etc and you can rent your entire flat out.

Or alternatively permanent parking at east coast park carpark. Ppl got tent, you got your mpv.

The VW T6 California already has all the thing you mentioned...

volkswagen_california_ocean_9.jpg

volkswagen_california_1.jpg

volkswagen_california_6.jpg

volkswagen_california.jpg

If there is a demand, there will be supply...

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Too big for a typical singapore  family. And one thing, I just hope the Japanese  could be more artistic with their design. They should learn from their European  competitors how to design better looking MPV.

Prob it will la. B4 Alphard became an official import, the 1st 3 gen that was sparsely brought in by PI were widely neglected due to its perceived size also. See what happened in the end? 

I would imagine this to be widely used as limo svcs with 99.9% all having the PHV stickers LOL. Hotels would prob buy a few as well

18 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

The VW T6 California already has all the thing you mentioned...

volkswagen_california_ocean_9.jpgIf there is a demand, there will be supply...

I saw this on Youtube....

1 hour ago, Junning said:

Hi all,

The commercial version is already available in SG via PI.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12533

image.png.2d9f9034e5ec64f7978872f047653996.png

image.png.23658710c432aff392137e2511b0fe40.png

Whoa!! The suite of standard safety equipment, including that full in mirror camera rear view mirror can put virtually all Toyota sold by BM to shame :D 

This van doesn't look JDM. It has a factory HU instead of a big 2DIN hole and the speedometer tops out >180kmh

Edited by Cheefarn

Aiyoh... Toyota comes out with this type big big MPV...

when are they going to update the Estima, which has been around for... >10 yr with one FL after another...

Don't even have decent MPVs (small than Alphard/Vellfire) with electronic parking brakes, quite laoya leh...

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Aiyoh... Toyota comes out with this type big big MPV...

when are they going to update the Estima, which has been around for... >10 yr with one FL after another...

Don't even have decent MPVs (small than Alphard/Vellfire) with electronic parking brakes, quite laoya leh...

It is difficult to downright impossible to do handbrake turns with push button parking brake. The system won't allow u to apply full force on the drums when the car is still moving. 

Old style foot/hand brakes still the best

Estima still using the year 2000 2AZ-FE 2.4 from the ACV30 Camry isn't it? Only Toyota can still sell 19 yr old and counting engines/gb tech and still able to command a large premium for it

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

It is difficult to downright impossible to do handbrake turns with push button parking brake. The system won't allow u to apply full force on the drums when the car is still moving. 

Old style foot/hand brakes still the best

Estima still using the year 2000 2AZ-FE 2.4 from the ACV30 Camry isn't it? Only Toyota can still sell 19 yr old and counting engines/gb tech and still able to command a large premium for it

Actually i'm not hard-up for the push button parking brake, but more interested in the Auto-hold function, which I think is only applicable for electronic parking brake - or is it found in normal hand/foot brakes too?

Actually i'm not expert with the engines, but I do know this Estima has been around for ever... really milked it until dry already... 😅

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Actually i'm not hard-up for the push button parking brake, but more interested in the Auto-hold function, which I think is only applicable for electronic parking brake - or is it found in normal hand/foot brakes too?

My previous car had a foot-pedal operated parking brake and also a hold function - by giving the brake pedal a hard push. So I guess the auto-hold ability is not limited to electronic parking brake?

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

My previous car had a foot-pedal operated parking brake and also a hold function - by giving the brake pedal a hard push. So I guess the auto-hold ability is not limited to electronic parking brake?

Oh really? What car was that?

Quite a few people i know (driving the same car as me), do not use the auto-hold feature, but I like it a lot. Can rest my foot during traffic light or jams.

If it's not a must to have EPB, in order to have auto-hold, then manufacturers should really do it more frequently, or even as a norm.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1