New Road Between Punggol & Pasir Ris Will Ease TPE Traffic From 17 Nov

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

New Road Between Punggol & Pasir Ris Will Ease TPE Traffic From 17 Nov

source: https://mustsharenews.com/pasir-ris-punggol-road/

New Link Between Punggol & Pasir Ris Will Replace Existing Slip Road

For those who frequently travel between Punggol and Pasir Ris via the TPE, you would know the pain of being stuck in the jam during peak hours.

Since the TPE is the quickest path connecting the two areas, motorists will often prefer to take that route. But the shortest path has become longer due to the large number of vehicles, which defeats the whole purpose.

Good news for motorists though, because the Land Transport Authority (LTA) has built a new link road to help ease the traffic situation.

New link road will extend from Pasir Ris Industrial Drive 1

According to LTA, the new link road opening on 17 Nov will extend from Pasir Ris Industrial Drive 1, providing an alternative for motorists travelling between Punggol and Pasir Ris.

New-Link-Road-2-1.gif

Currently, motorists travel between the two towns via the TPE, highlighted in green below.

New-Link-Road-1.jpg

However, with the new link road, motorists can now travel between the two towns on a much shorter path than before.

New-Link-Road-3.gif

Here’s a video by LTA to help you better navigate the new route.

Citizen of Punggol! SAY YAHHH FOR NEW ROAD! 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Who travels daily to Pasir Ris and vice versa?

used to play Sim city and I know what LTA is trying to do.

Guess punggolians will still be happy though it leads to nowhere

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Pasir ris and punggol actually very near each other and yet so near yet so far. 😓 

Punggol can also join to Yishun and Sembawang. But that's probably later. Looks like some kind of semi-expressway is being built.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Sturtles said:

Who travels daily to Pasir Ris and vice versa?

used to play Sim city and I know what LTA is trying to do.

Guess punggolians will still be happy though it leads to nowhere

Those travelling from Punggol to Loyang Industrial Estate got an alternative route liao. I have former colleagues staying in Seng Kang and Punggol, going to work at Loyang. Can even cycle to work now.

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Punggol can also join to Yishun and Sembawang. But that's probably later. Looks like some kind of semi-expressway is being built.

Admiralty East and Yishun Ave 8 is almost joint liao. Left the small part at the seafood restaurant shophouse. So from Marsling to Pasir Ris, no need use expressway liao.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Think there are many coming up new semi-expressway in punggol area. Good to link up to north area and east area. But also better to have public buses from punggol  to pasir ris area, or is there already have one liao? I know there are buses link to yishun area from punggol.

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

should have be done long ago when they developed Punggol and its infrastructure.

No plaudits there.

The practice here is always develop infrastructure much later de, only when problem arises.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Akan datang... they are already halfway completing the link from Yishun Dam to Admiralty Rd West.

• Praise 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:34 AM, Hamburger said:

should have be done long ago when they developed Punggol and its infrastructure.

No plaudits there.

Wonder which MP gonna claim credit for this?

Lately authorities use taxpayer money to build a simple ramp or covered walkway oso they do big song and dance

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

And we applaud bad planning when traffic condition could have been better managed earlier when population growth was already anticpated. 

It's like a guitar string was too high strung... he whole instrument sounded out of tune and the audience have to bear with the live band performance.... 

Most felt it sound odd but cannot explain why..... Some left the pub feeling the band is bad

Then during the break guitar was properly tuned.... New people that arrived in the pub felt the band was fantastic.  Even those who stayed on applause. 

If I was the pub owner I will sack the guitarist or dock his pay for not being professional. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Atonchia said:

And we applaud bad planning when traffic condition could have been better managed earlier when population growth was already anticpated. 

It's like a guitar string was too high strung... he whole instrument sounded out of tune and the audience have to bear with the live band performance.... 

Most felt it sound odd but cannot explain why..... Some left the pub feeling the band is bad

Then during the break guitar was properly tuned.... New people that arrived in the pub felt the band was fantastic.  Even those who stayed on applause. 

If I was the pub owner I will sack the guitarist or dock his pay for not being professional. 

Well the only thing is, the guitarist is also the owner of the plot of land that the pub sits on with an iron gate access, and gets to decide who enters or leaves the pub...

• Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

I disagree on the bad planning part.  Cos from my observations there seems to be an aversion to having something that will be under utilised.  At least here.

So even though traffic is very bad, it seems like it has to be reaching the tipping point before alternatives are built.

That is why hospitals are almost running at full capacity before they build new ones.  And trains are running at full capacity most of the time with minimal duplication  of routes.  It also explains the housing issues.

Some might say bad planning or lack of foresight.  I think it's just a case where there is the desire to squeeze everything to the max and when it seems you are reaching the point where you cant squeeze anymore then look for alternatives or plan for new capacity.  So it is very good planning based on a financial and resource point of view.  But of cos not from a citizen welfare point of view.

Like in this case.  When they build the new road, they anticipate high demand from day one.  Not cases where it will be under utilised for a few years and then traffic build up....

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I disagree on the bad planning part.  Cos from my observations there seems to be an aversion to having something that will be under utilised.  At least here.

So even though traffic is very bad, it seems like it has to be reaching the tipping point before alternatives are built.

That is why hospitals are almost running at full capacity before they build new ones.  And trains are running at full capacity most of the time with minimal duplication  of routes.  It also explains the housing issues.

Some might say bad planning or lack of foresight.  I think it's just a case where there is the desire to squeeze everything to the max and when it seems you are reaching the point where you cant squeeze anymore then look for alternatives or plan for new capacity.  So it is very good planning based on a financial and resource point of view.  But of cos not from a citizen welfare point of view.

Like in this case.  When they build the new road, they anticipate high demand from day one.  Not cases where it will be under utilised for a few years and then traffic build up....

What is described is poor planning.

18 minutes ago, Kusje said:

What is described is poor 

Not necessarily.  It all depends on what the final objective is.

If it is for smoother traffic, yes its poor planning.

If it's for profit at all costs, I am not sure if its poor planning.

Of cos, it all depends on what the ultimate objective actually is.

Sometimes like in the private sector, it looks like poor planning then when you realise the plan is not the betterment of the employees but the increase in share prices so the top can cash out, it looks like very good planning - if you are the beneficiary. 

↡ Advertisement