Audi Experience

Soya

Anyone else received this?

Managed to register and PA gonna drop off a Q7 at my place for a couple of days for me to trash.....opps, I mean try out. 

Screenshot_20191031-141902_Gallery.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

43 minutes ago, Freeder said:

If possible, u can pass to @BanCoefor a proper “run in”...

But cannot pass to @Angcheek, he will jitao go to the East coast Carpark END...

artually @Spring is the bestest man for running in, full experience mah! Bumper to bumper 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

If possible, u can pass to @BanCoefor a proper “run in”...

But cannot pass to @Angcheek, he will jitao go to the East coast Carpark END...

Can pass the car to me if “bed in” is needed. Q7! Simi acrobatic pattern also can. So I heard...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Very unlikely I'll buy an Audi, at least from PA. 

PA - I found their sales staff highly unprofessional. 

Audi - test drove an RS6. Quick enough, but soulless.

As far as the German marques go, I am firmly a BMW M guy, may try AMG and Porsche again. But probably not an Audi (to be fair I haven't tried the latest R8, so I have to leave a little leeway there).

Edited by Turboflat4

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

As far as the German marques go, I am firmly a BMW M guy, may try AMG and Porsche again. But probably not an Audi (to be fair I haven't tried the latest R8, so I have to leave a little leeway there).

Highly unprofessional as in the lack of accurate product knowledge or bad attitude? 

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

R8 is the last NA V10. 
Maybe R8 will be discontinued

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

R8 is the last NA V10. 
Maybe R8 will be discontinued

True. Even Lambo might have trouble justifying it soon. 

58 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Lambo can kill Huracan.

Keep Aventador as halo

I think more likely Aventador will reach end of life before Huracan. 

The reason is the GB. They're stuck with a crappy autobox. Reason they didn't upgrade to DCT is cost of development and need to reconfigure whole layout. 

So I think Huracan has more potential. Need an entry level supercar. Driving that SUV will only satisfy the badge whores. 

For the halo, I think they'll ditch the Aventador and start another model. Will have a DCT but may also be FI. Worrisome cos Lambo is about sound more than speed or handling. 

Edited by Turboflat4

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I think more likely Aventador will reach end of life before Huracan. 

The reason is the GB. They're stuck with a crappy autobox. Reason they didn't upgrade to DCT is cost of development and need to reconfigure whole layout. 

So I think Huracan has more potential. Need an entry level supercar. Driving that SUV will only satisfy the badge whores. 

For the halo, I think they'll ditch the Aventador and start another model. Will have a DCT but may also be FI. Worrisome cos Lambo is about sound more than speed or handling. 

That’s very sad for V12.

Even F488 also pipe exhaust sound into cabin.

With Particulate Filter, it kills sound now

Recently I saw a video of Merc C63 AMG Black Series. It sounds so much better after removal of Secondary Cat.

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

That’s very sad for V12.

Even F488 also pipe exhaust sound into cabin.

With Particulate Filter, it kills sound now

Recently I saw a video of Merc C63 AMG Black Series. It sounds so much better after removal of Secondary Cat.

Agreed.

Must correct error in my previous post - I meant single clutch GB not autobox. Still crappy.

Back to topic:

Some initial FR; Delivery by Audi On Demand was professional and painless. No forms to fill in, juz show DL and sign on a mobile device and car is handed over. Delivery was accompanied by a SE. He went thru the basic functions of the car (if oredi drive Audi, most of the controls would be very familiar). SE was professional and didn't take up too much time nor did any hard sell. 

First impressions of the Q7. OMG...it's huge! Drove next to a Sorento and GLE, they actually seemed 'small' in comparison...lol. Moving off the line, it never fails to reminds u that this is one big, heavy mama lugging around a heavy Quattro system. Turbo lag from the 2.0L is definitely noticeable. After a couple of secs, it gathers up its cronies of ponies and the torque delivery is quite linear. Not blistering in any sense but definitely not underpowered. The Q7 ain't designed to scare GTIs anyway so it's par for the course. But what it's designed to do is haul 7 pax in comfort and that, it does very well.

Cabin is very spacious and NVH is excellent. The acoustic glass is pretty effective in blocking out passing traffic noise. Ride comfort is smooth and you'll enjoy wafting along in your own world wondering why does that chao ah beng in his BHP-adding sticker(s) powered ride bother cutting recklessly in between lanes but not really going any faster than you. You begin to re-assess the meaning of life and conclude that its meant to be savored, not rushed..... 

As expected of any big, comfort-biased SUVs, steering feel is slightly detached, some body roll is evident, probably thanks to the soft, cushy Bridgestone Geolanders. Not roly-poly as some other SUVs I've driven but nonetheless, you'll always be reminded that you're closer to the heavens than many other cars on the road. Learnt something new about the Q7 - it's equipped with rear wheel steering. Pretty impressed w the tight turning circle and makes this XXL size SUV quite easy to manoeuvre, especially U-turns.

Some things that I thought were off the mark; The full length pano glass roof looks and feels great. Kinda missed that from my ex-Sorento sometimes. But the motorised shade in the Q7 is not really opaque like in the Sorento. Park it in the sun, the a/c blower will hv to work harder than the S'pore Lions trying to qualify for the World Cup in cooling the voluminous cabin. All that hard work by the NVH team went to waste with the noisy blower dominating the cabin ambiance. Another duh design feature is the tonneau cover. There's no place to put it if u remove it for the 3rd row seats. Some other SUVs actually design a storage location beyond the 3rd row should u need to flip it up on the go. Memo to self: Planning ahead is important.

Minor gripes aside, the Q7 is a really nice place to be in whether you're wafting along ECP or stuck in a CTE jam. Not the most exciting drive for sure but then, aren't most comfort-biased SUVs? Would I buy it? Yes....if this is US with wide roads, wide parking lots, even bigger SUVs, the Q7 is right-sized. In Sg, I'm not sure if it'll fit in a MSCP without half the front end blocking half the driveway or may have to climb out thru the pano sunroof to get out since the narrow lots seems custom designed for Vios. And since limpeh here hv to park at MSCP sometimes to eat my favourite bak chor mee at the neighbourhood kopitiam, not sure if I'm prepared for that sacrifice at this juncture.

But not quite done w this experience thingy yet. Hope to discover more joys as I drive it more tomolo. Oh, and definitely no trashing. The Q7 feels too dignified for that. 

• Praise 12

When I'm behind a q7 or x7 at traffic lights, it's wider or bigger than most lorries. And I already drive mid size sedan. 

Really dua leng Kong...  Unwieldy for Singapore carparks for sure. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1