Would this stop offences?

Nostalgia

Cctv is effective. With face recognition, it is even more so. For security,  it is great but if being used for wrong agenda then may not. There are billions of footages of ordinary folks everyday. Most times it is only when incident occurs then will start to look for that footage. 

If they caught all the heavy trucks in the fast lanes and all the dangerous driver then maybe no need to increase GST.

S$37.8 Million in Traffic Fines in 2018 is like sit there and money drop from the sky

Imagine if they went out and petrol the roads and go and catch all the dangerous drivers?

:grin:

The Singapore Government Collected S$37.8 Million in Traffic Fines in 2018

n 2018, the Singapore government collected a total of S$37.8 million in traffic fines, a 4.67% increase from 2017.

This is according to revenue figures released by the Ministry of Finance (MOF) as part of Budget 2019. This was an increase of around S$1.7 million from 2017, when the government collected S$36.1 million in traffic fines.

Despite an increase in traffic fine collection from 2017 to 2018, the figure for the latter is significantly lower than the estimated figure for 2018, which stood at S$44 million.

According to MOF’s estimates, the government would be collecting $38.4 million in traffic fines in 2019, a 1.6% increase from 2018.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

actually no need cctv 

just pay out $100 incentive payment per $500 fine, I am sure everyone super well behave :grin:

If got $100 incentive I will be downloading all the traffic offenses on my car cam.

No incentive I cannot be bothered.

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

If got $100 incentive I will be downloading all the traffic offenses on my car cam.

No incentive I cannot be bothered.

Me too!! :XD:

$100 😍

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Mustank said:

actually no need cctv 

just pay out $100 incentive payment per $500 fine, I am sure everyone super well behave :grin:

This will be another acronym for acronym-loving Singapore..... BDF..... 

Bao Doh Fee.... 😆

Edited by Vratenza
  • Haha! 1

On 11/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Davidtch said:

Camera+AI are more than enough.

Can AI tell if I am genuinely lost or I am just pulling a fast one to cut queue when I filter into the left lane 50m from the junction like in the documentary?  

37 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Can AI tell if I am genuinely lost or I am just pulling a fast one to cut queue when I filter into the left lane 50m from the junction like in the documentary?  

If TP see the video, can it determine?

On 11/2/2019 at 7:20 PM, Mustank said:

Me too!! :XD:

$100 😍

No need $100, for $20 I’m sure you get lots of motorist submitting videos. 

↡ Advertisement