Wah so many good looking young ladies from Korea and Japan here

we are swamped by them.

I always say we need more good young ladies from Korea and Japan

from the best universities.

:grin: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

they avoided mentioning the fault between govt and people.... pointless survey if it avoids a major faultline.

In all fairness, there are always supporters and opposers with any government around the world, and I wouldn't say that is a fault line.

For those who have been following my posts in MCF, you will noticed that I hardly oppose for the sake of opposing. My biggest gripe is the lack of transparency and accountability by the incumbent. Few examples are:

Whether CECA scheme is good of bad for Singaporean, be up front with it, share it with the whole nation like what they did for Pioneer Generation / Merdeka Generation, CHAS Card, etc. via MSM, instead of us citizens learning about it through posting on HWZ EDMW...

What is the thought process behind the rules that allows PMD to flood our pavement, and common space, despite potential serious accidents leading to death / permanent disabilities, fire outbreak that could lead to lost of home for many innocent parties, and soon to be environmental issues with the accumulation of lithium-ion batteries...

Have we done the necessary before welcoming EVs and autonomous vehicles on our tiny and congested island, not just in infrastructure, but in other aspect such as legal requirement (liability), emergency responses (fire / catastrophic events), or to a minor aspect such as education and awareness?

CPF, immigration policy, property cooling measures, vehicular tax schemes, etc. and the list goes on... ...

• Praise 14

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

we are swamped by them.

Err... where u hang out ah? 😍

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

Err... where u hang out ah? 😍

Haha context is so important.

Take it out of context and its a totally different message.

:grin:

Do you notice no one ever says 

we are swamped by them.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 11/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, Freeder said:

KNNCCB Ramesh...

This guy has done everyone a favor by bring this issue into the open. Many just get any but keep quiet about it.

• Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Solar said:

This guy has done everyone a favor by bring this issue into the open. Many just get any but keep quiet about it.

In HK, they have the extradition bill as the lightning rod. In SG, we have poor Ramesh.  😂

• Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

In HK, they have the extradition bill as the lightning rod. In SG, we have poor Ramesh.  😂

Don't forget the dbs guy... but personally,  ramesh takes the cake,  no redeeming quality at all.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

In all fairness, there are always supporters and opposers with any government around the world, and I wouldn't say that is a fault line.

For those who have been following my posts in MCF, you will noticed that I hardly oppose for the sake of opposing. My biggest gripe is the lack of transparency and accountability by the incumbent. Few examples are:

Whether CECA scheme is good of bad for Singaporean, be up front with it, share it with the whole nation like what they did for Pioneer Generation / Merdeka Generation, CHAS Card, etc. via MSM, instead of us citizens learning about it through posting on HWZ EDMW...

What is the thought process behind the rules that allows PMD to flood our pavement, and common space, despite potential serious accidents leading to death / permanent disabilities, fire outbreak that could lead to lost of home for many innocent parties, and soon to be environmental issues with the accumulation of lithium-ion batteries...

Have we done the necessary before welcoming EVs and autonomous vehicles on our tiny and congested island, not just in infrastructure, but in other aspect such as legal requirement (liability), emergency responses (fire / catastrophic events), or to a minor aspect such as education and awareness?

CPF, immigration policy, property cooling measures, vehicular tax schemes, etc. and the list goes on... ...

Easy explanation:

99% of us peasants are earning less than 500kpa, therefore we are mediocre and of suboptimal intellect. No point explaining all the "difficult" policies to us since we are unlikely to comprehend even if they tried. 

In summmary:

"You wun understand one lah! Just vote for us and let us handle it " 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Easy explanation:

99% of us peasants are earning less than 500kpa, therefore we are mediocre and of suboptimal intellect. No point explaining all the "difficult" policies to us since we are unlikely to comprehend even if they tried. 

In summmary:

"You wun understand one lah! Just vote for us and let us handle it " 

Yup. And the fact that In the work place , there are more of them than us, should we not adapt n grow with them. Evolve into a society that can blend in with them?

To me, it’s starting to be like the planet of the apes. 

you can choose to be the ape or the human who becomes conditioned to serve the apes if it does come to that point. But that’s just science fiction Art imitating life.

Food for thought.

i won’t say that there are indeed fault lines. If there were, during the Little India drunken brawl would be the first sign of fault lines ringing alarm bells. But no, it’s was all a policy of free access of liquor that cause it.

i would term it as arriving at a cross road on the next direction to take. Should we relook at what we hold truly as a cultural behaviour that we have not move with the time’s?

is it time to behave more like a New Yorker than a Kampong boy in Malaysia with huge heart and soul and kindered spirit.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:57 PM, Vratenza said:

Oh reaaaaalliiiiiiiiiii? 

nasi.thumb.jpg.e4c926f74df37741a8c7363edf7325d7.jpg

😁

When a chinese stall overcharges you for cai png 

is it becos I look rich ?

Never ending

muayhahhahhahhah

• Haha! 1

On 11/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, Ash2017 said:

we are living in troubled times with plenty of uncertainty

I want to share with the younger ones here

be quick to learn to be financially independent and NOT be enslave to be financially dependent

start with:

your goal is NOT to look rich BUT to be really rich

eg have you ever wondered why the poorly dressed undertaker become so rich and haolian? or take me for example how do you think I got my stars on my shoulder which comes with handsome remunerations

if you agree please support, kee chiu

I gonna disagree.  My friend told me.  Money is transient.  One stroke of a pen its worthless.

So to be independent

He bought a plot of land in Malaysia to  grow good (rural area).  So even with whatever strokes of pen, he can run and hide there and eat and drink.  Wont starve.  While we can have all the money in the world but nothing to buy.

Btw true story.  First time I learned there are actually courses on food growing, but in Australia. 

@Carbon82

I disagree on the fault lines. l still think we are fine.

But of the flow of immigrants continue unchecked at the expense of local welfare and employment, things can change.

Most of us are not racist and we dont make racist remarks online or offline.  The problem is when some DO and they are not kept in check by the govt.

One last point.

Some will say but that is only keeping things under the surface. It's there.  You are only hiding it.

True.  But like a house.  You want it to be clean.  But it will always be dirty eventually.  And you just clean again and again and dirt will still come in from outside or hidden corners. You keep cleaning.  That's the price to pay if you want a clean house.  The alternative is a dirty house (best case when you consider cockroach infestations as plausible alternstive).

The problem is cleaning and cleaning is costly and some might just skip it. In the name of money saving or resource management.  Then you will eventually have a problem. 

Right now, no.  Not yet anyway. 

22 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

how to be transparent when the office holders are just that, office-position holders. they are not trye born and bred politicians.  u see Scott Morrison and Boris Johnson, they can have questionable history and yet bounce back into key leadership positions. u try asking our dear precious office holders about the recent India $4 billion losses, and u will see chairs flying towards u ... 

and the younger set I see - they are just totally not interested or ignorant about current affairs.  just want to spend on cars, holidays etc etc. one might even say they are the product of a sterile education system - just show rainbows and unicorns and numb out the pain... 

16 minutes ago, Gz0707 said:

and the younger set I see - they are just totally not interested or ignorant about current affairs.  just want to spend on cars, holidays etc etc. one might even say they are the product of a sterile education system - just show rainbows and unicorns and numb out the pain... 

sometimes i feel its not fair to call them strawberry.... they have been the product from cradle of a system designed to make them devoid of critical thinking, to be easily farmed like cage chickens for the benefit of the farmer.

thats why even small ang moh countries also can pawn singapore.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Playtime said:

sometimes i feel its not fair to call them strawberry.... they have been the product from cradle of a system designed to make them devoid of critical thinking, to be easily farmed like cage chickens for the benefit of the farmer.

thats why even small ang moh countries also can pawn singapore.

I dun wan to call them strawberry or any un-nice label of any sort.  But when u are aware of issues on the global and regional front, trying to make sense of the younger set (some are even young parents already) stacking on every possible purchase on maxed out credit makes me worried.  to be fair, there's a group on FB called Seedly that tries to teach and guide financial responsibility and investment savvy behaviour. 

↡ Advertisement